Describe God...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...and don't use your Bibles or any other text.

-- When you think of God, what do you feel?
-- What does God look like?
-- What does God think about?
-- Etc.?

Melon

By George, I think martha's got it!

-- When you think of God, what do you feel?
Small.

-- What does God look like?
I will give my perception of God when I was a child: I used to imagine Him as a young soldier, complete with DPM suit and beret, who lived on the highest mountain on earth, so he could watch over the whole world, with the aid of a large telescope. I think I used to have a crush on God, too, because he was a young man, not an old Santa figure.

-- What does God think about?
No idea. I know He feels emotions like us, though. Genesis 6:6

foray

God is the sound of an electric guitar.

Sorry. I just couldn't resist.

But I'm not completely joking either. When I listen to certain bands, our beloved one included, that's exactly how I feel.

I think that God's voice must sound something like a full throttle guitar chord except like a zillion times more complicated.

His voice might not necessarily be louder though.... :mac:

P.S If you knew how loud I play At The Drive In you'd understand what I mean by that. :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
I'm not sure at all......

Thinking of God is for me like walking through thick fog. You don't know what it really is and you don't know where you'll end, but you know that something's there all the time......Don't know if this makes much sense, but it is already very late here....*yawn*....

However I think Martha got it.

God is Love.

martha said:
Love.
Love.
Love.
Love.

I think that answers all four questions.

(I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck. It's a truthful answer.)

This is exactly what I was going to type. I think for me, that is the essence of all that I believe and feel about God. Love is the overwhelming quality that I feel whenever I think of the name and the conception of Him.

I think most of the time I feel guilty because I seem to love others more than God or Jesus, even though I fear God more than them. Jesus' words "Whoever loves his mother or father more than me does not deserve me" are sometimes frightening. Hm, this is completely irrelevant.

foray

This may be the oddest reply ever.........

when i was little, whenever God was mentioned the picture I got in my head was.......

Pat Sajack. The host of Wheel of Fortune. And I always pictured heaven to have a kind of redish/orange tint to it.

very very odd.

foray said:
I think most of the time I feel guilty because I seem to love others more than God or Jesus, even though I fear God more than them. Jesus' words "Whoever loves his mother or father more than me does not deserve me" are sometimes frightening. Hm, this is completely irrelevant.

foray
you know that's not irrelevant foray
feelings about god can be complicated

foray said:

foray

I never thought about this, because there's written that you shall respect your parents and I admit that I love them more than God.....but God is very close after them - if this is wrong in the religious way of thinking then I'm already in hell..... :(

Back
Top Bottom