Denomination

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always strayed away from "traditional" denominations. I was raised in a non-dom church called The Vineyard that is now all over the world. I really think that in sooooo many cases the church has things all wrong. For years the emphasis for churchgoers was all about which had the most members or the largest building. I am now part of a group of about 20 people that meet in homes once or twice a week and read the Bible and sing worship songs. We believe in a "first church" type of setting. In the early church the emphasis was on relationships with each other within community. People did more than put on a church face on Sunday, they actually lived thier lives together! Thier children grew up together. We have made a commitment to not get any larger as a group than we currently are, so as we expand we split off into more small groups. Quite a diff idea as compared to the "megachurches" that rise up all over the US. I still keep good ties with folks from The Vineyard as there is alot of good things going on there........wow Ive said a mouthful:lol:

Elvis Presley said:
I have always strayed away from "traditional" denominations. I was raised in a non-dom church called The Vineyard that is now all over the world.

COOL!!! :cool:

I go to a Vineyard...my father planted one here 15 years ago. Now a bustling congregation of 500 (but that doesn't matter). Personally, I prefer a church where I can go in jeans, worship to upbeat music (full band) and do outreach to the city like food giveaways or hot chocolate giveaways at the Santa Claus parade. I find the Vineyard so practical, and so...me. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely where I fit! As long a church follows the Bible, I'm ok with it (personal opinion).

Back
Top Bottom