Corrupt Christian Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops...it says that I edited your post...but I didn't mean to edit your post. I meant to edit the thread because of a typo in the title. :eek: Sorry about that!!! I didn't change any content in your post though!

The U2 link on the site didn't work for me.

The site is somewhat silly. Look at Amy Grant and Rebecca St. James. They are both criticized as being "sexy".

Good thing we have people who rank themselves so high on the morality scale that they can put together such useful information. :down:

this is by far one of the most ridiculous web sites I have ever run across, its a shame that people like this are able to write such ridiculous viewpoints.....

:angry:

I took a brief look at this site and found it to be nothing more than self-righteouc pontificating. Instinct tells me that it is a administered by some denomination or cult that believes that sacred music should not be blended with contemporary/popular styles. I disagree with that. It brightens my day to be listening to a secular album by Clapton, Van Morrison, or U2 and hear amongst the tracks a song that glorifies God. The same goes for finding more and more "contemporary Christian" bands that I enjoy as my wife has been exploring the genre over the past year or so. They ARE a light to the darkness, they DO turn people towards God; websites such as the one attached here are a striking example of what turns people AWAY from God.

And I leave it at that on a quote from THE GRATEFUL DEAD:

If a man among you
Got no sin upon his hand
Let him cast a stone at me
For playing in the band.

~U2Alabama

:applaud: U2 Bama. Loved the quote.

Yes they may be from a certain denomination or cult, one thing we do know is they are definately not Catholic, did you read what they said under the Rich Mullins Influence section?

It's good to know these people have nothing in their eyes, it's good to know there are still perfect souls that walk this earth.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yes they may be from a certain denomination or cult, one thing we do know is they are definately not Catholic, did you read what they said under the Rich Mullins Influence section?

It's good to know these people have nothing in their eyes, it's good to know there are still perfect souls that walk this earth.

yes, they are obviously insane and trying to piss me off....

Grr, I can't get to this site. I want to read it just to see whether these people are as stupid as this thread makes them sound, and, if they are, I imagine their stupidity would most certainly outrage me and also give me a very good laugh.

One thing this thread reminded me of is a review of the Pop CD by Focus on the Family. That was utterly stupid and I wrote a 2 1/2 page rebuttal of that because I was so incensed.

Now I can get the main page to work, but not the article on U2. I want to read it just so that I can write a scathing rebuttal of it and put it up on my own website.

If anyone can access this article, please e-mail it to me at amak_axver@hotmail.com and clearly state in the subject line that it's the article and/or you're from Interference, otherwise I'll delete it. Thank you.

OK, ignore my previous post. Some very kind person helped me out and I've read that utterly ridiculous article. If I get time tomorrow, I think I'll write a rebuttal of it. (Yes, I can get quite passionate when U2 gets criticised)

Ummm, don't take U2 - and especially Bono - that seriously! At least the band makes an effort to get spiritual matters into the mainstream. There is a lot wrong with organised religion today - not to mention these fundamental groups - and I think it's commendable that U2 can distinguish between "worldy" Christianity and "Godly" Christianity. A lot of people can't and they are obviously two very different things.

Do you think that too many people have been inspired to become devil-worshippers, etc, by listening to U2's music? I don't think so.

And that comment about his AIDS charity - don't they remember the story of the good Samaritan? If I was one of the people suffering so much from this terrible disease, I wouldn't care whether it was Bono or anyone else who wanted to help. Bono is, in my opinion, a much better Christian - in terms of his social conscience - than a lot of self-righteous people I could name.

Edited to add this from the website ...

"The Ecumenical Movement is a front for the One World/New Age/ Occultic religion being formed, with the Catholic Church and Jewish Kabbalists [which is occultic] at its center. Ecumenical and Catholic are synonyms, both meaning Universal and Universal
denotes a One World [Universal, Ecumenical, Catholic] Religion.
The barriers the musicians speak and sing of are not just trivial barriers - but MAJOR barriers that make a distinction between followers of Jesus Christ and those that aren't.
The same distinction John the Baptist, Jesus, Peter, Paul, etc., had made. True followersof Jesus Christ DO NOT serve the same God as Catholics, Buddhists, Muslims or Jews.

Many of these musicians are openly involved with the Catholic church, performing at Catholic events such as the World Youth Day where the Pope outspokenly speaks of the Eucharist and Mary worship. No Christian should be involved with the Catholic church because it:

*is deep into gnosticism, idolatry and false doctrine
*claims they are the only true church
*claims the Pope is infallible and THE only representative of Jesus Christ on earth, much like what other false messiahs have claimed
*held Vatican II, a Catholic conference in the 60's where all religions, including Hinduism and Muslim, were declared acceptable - and by the 1980's Vatican II wasin full operation as denominational walls and doctrinal differences began to fall
on every side."

:mad: Scary, scary stuff. I can't believe that these people can proclaim to be Christians, and at the same time be so intolerant and condemning of other people.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
No, they probably only like the rhythm of hitting themselves with a pain stick.

:lmao:

God this site is sad... these people must lead the most boring lives... and they get so angered by stuff they can't change - and that is everywhere today... :eyebrow: i reckon they must suffer constant migrains from frowning... i bet they don't know how it feels to laugh :p

Of what i read before i got so mad that i closed the browser, the worst was a bit about Sarah Mclachlan :( not only do they hate lesbians, feminists, pagans and witches, but also Jews... f**k! they're so damn intolerant!!

(and besides which, what have witches ever done to anyone?! :p)

Last edited:
When I was in Mississippi, our African AMerican host pastor told us this:

"Whites tend to clap on the first and third beat, blacks tend to clap on the second and fourth beat. In heaven, we will have all the beats covered."

Heaven will have great music!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom