Corrupt Christian Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biff said:

Does it make you wish you could close your eyes and make it go away? (To paraphrase a great man who was also talking about religious intolerance.)

Oh absolutely. But I know thats not going to solve the problem. People like this need prayers to open their eyes.

sue4u2 said:
Well the God I believe in, Mister isn't short of cash or compassion. Whoever is over this website is just another extremist hate-monger that everyone has to be worried about. Only because their target of hate is to anyone trying to spread a bit of love in this world. This is a bitter person/group that only want's to spew it's hate to any deranged person that will listen. Unfortunately there are alot of those around. Terrorism in all it's glory and extremist form.
Thank God there are more of us than them, I hope.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: Well said, Sue. I too hope there are more of us than them.

Matthew 7:15-20 sums it up nicely. :)

.....Wow :|

I would love for this site to be a joke, because if it isn't.....stop the planet, I'm getting off. I don't think anyone would go to this much trouble just to poke fun at Christians. Plus, I don't think anyone but a fanatical "christian" would know this some of this stuff. It's been awhile since I've been religious but I've never heard of some of these scriptures and stories referenced.

SO much hate on this site. :coocoo: I've known other "christians" who were this filled with hatred, that think AIDS is a blessing because it will cleanse the planet of sin, depressed people should kill themselves instead of being helped, etc etc. Bono shows us love, not hate, but he's the one being criticized by this site? :huh:

Did anyone look through the site map? There's TONS of stuff and some of it is mind boggling, like the sections on the Pope, Bush, and Habitat for Humanity.

http://www.corruptchristianmusic.com/index2/sitemap.html

Last edited:
neutral said:
that think AIDS is a blessing because it will cleanse the planet of sin

Argh, I know, I've heard about that, too...how...why...what in the world would possess somebody to agree with that line of thinking? Good grief.

Originally posted by neutral
Bono shows us love, not hate, but he's the one being criticized by this site? :huh:

Mind boggling, isn't it?

Angela

neutral said:
SO much hate on this site. :coocoo: I've known other "christians" who were this filled with hatred, that think AIDS is a blessing because it will cleanse the planet of sin, depressed people should kill themselves instead of being helped, etc etc. Bono shows us love, not hate, but he's the one being criticized by this site? :huh:

:shocked: Where did you see that about depressed people?! I've fought with depression most of my life; do these so-called christians think I should kill myself? I'm sure Jesus would say differently.

If AIDS is God's punishment, why do innocent babies get it? Why did Ryan White get it from a blood transfusion? AIDS is not God's punishment any more than cancer is.

Sue DeNym said:

:shocked: Where did you see that about depressed people?! I've fought with depression most of my life; do these so-called christians think I should kill myself? I'm sure Jesus would say differently.

Eh, mostly on the internet, AOL chat rooms (which I shouldn't have been fooling with) and the like . I doubt they would say this sort of thing in person, the internet brings out a lot of venom. :eyebrow:

I too have fought depression for most of my life as well, so I know how you feel, believe me. :|

Speaking of that, one thing I really don't understand about this site, I've seen many, many references to these artists being "bad" because they sing about depression. I don't understand where that comes from. :scratch:

I just went and checked out the new U2 section. Now I can see why I haven't gone to that redundant, asinine website in so long ... it's hard to laugh at such miserable stupidity. It's like all the pages on love, tolerance, and being Pharisaical have been ripped out of whatever Bible those people are using.

I just hope no-one's actually believing that website. They take things so out of context it's alarming.

Hmm ... I was just trying to access CorruptChristianMusic today so I could show a friend just how bad it is - and the link doesn't work! Mozilla Firefox tells me that it doesn't exist, and I've tried to access multiple pages.

I don't feel exactly saddened by this discovery.

Axver said:
Hmm ... I was just trying to access CorruptChristianMusic today so I could show a friend just how bad it is - and the link doesn't work! Mozilla Firefox tells me that it doesn't exist, and I've tried to access multiple pages.

I don't feel exactly saddened by this discovery.

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Amen to that. I wonder what fortuitous event caused this piece of good news ...

Axver said:
Amen to that. I wonder what fortuitous event caused this piece of good news ...

Read the parts in the Bible about helping those less fortunate than you, helping those who need it, visiting the sick and the widows, realized they were wrong, or heck, maybe they just actually sat down and read the Bible.

Moses had his problems, Noah, David, Solomon, sheesh, he really blew it, Paul, who used to be Saul, persecuted Christians, the only perfect person in the Bible was Jesus. Yet Christians read it, maybe to show how people, whether they themselves are good or bad, can do good things in this world.

I'm seriously going with the theory that is was a joke, made to make fun of Christians, but ye know, that's just me.

1. No Christian musicians are acceptable. King David was a musician, Psalm 40?

So a song written by King David, reworded and sung by an Irish band over more than 2000 years later, is unacceptable?! Because of who sings it? King David wasn't perfect either.

2. Kinda anti-Catholic, and Catholics are Christians, they believe in Christ, what's a Christian... a believer and follower of Christ.

3. No contact to site owner? Churches with websites have contact addresses, phone numbers even.

4. What I said about the some of the people in the Bible, their life stories.

5. http://forum.interference.com/t92947.html

Christianity Today has a review of U2's best of 1990-2000, they wouldn't review an album if they felt it unacceptable for Christians to listen to, would they?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom