Christian Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum. (if it isn't please will one of the mods move it somewhere better? Thanks
smile.gif
)

I was wondering what everyone thinks about Christian music, as in artists who specifically define themselves as Christian artists, rather than those who are Christians and might sing about their beliefs, but don't define themselves *only* as Christian artists. (I'm having one of those days where I can't find the right words for what I want to say, but I think that kind of conveys the general idea.)

Do you like it? Who are your favourite singers or bands? I'm curious because I've never really listened to that kind of music before and I'd like to know where to start. Please give me suggestions!
smile.gif

Thanks,
*Fizz

Holy cow Fizzing. Please please please start with Steve Taylor. You would absolutely love his CDs SQUINT (but it's very hard to find) and I PREDICT 1990.

For a sample of his lyrics, read the threads "The Finish Line" and "Easy Listening".

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 03-25-2002).]

I guess it depend on what type of music you are into.

If you want some rock, I would suggest Third Day, Jennifer Knapp, Jars of Clay

Rap-gotta go with DC Talk (Welcome to the Freak Show live rocks the house)

Folk-Caedmon's Call or Bebo Norman or check out my brothers band Full Time Faith (had to squeeze that one in there)

Those are my favorites

Brian

I'm not a big fan of Christian music in general but Whiteheart is a band that has a few good songs to their name. "Heaven of My Heart" is probably one of the best CCM type songs I've ever heard.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 03-26-2002).]

Prayer Chain is one of my favorite christian-alternative band, along with Violet Burning. check those bands out. really cool

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

i love steve taylor. "life unravels like an old sweater, since i gave up hope i feel a lot better." what's he doing now? Steve Camp, Wayne Watson, and my personal favorite, Jon Gibson. U2 should have Jon Gibson open sometime because he's one of the best singer songwriters, and really rocks. People who aren't Christian would not even realize most of the time what the lyrics were unless they really listened. Crystal Lewis. Right now, can't get enough of Plus One's 2 cds, Obvious, the new one is incredibly good.

Back
Top Bottom