Can we just...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
When my nephew was born, my brother and his wife asked me to be his godmother. My sister-in-law was raised Catholic, and they had a Catholic ceremony (that went on for days!). I was raised Lutheran, so I had to go to Godparent class one evening to learn how to be a godmother to a Catholic child I learned that if you'd been baptized in any Christian church, you can cross yourself with the Holy water as you enter a Catholic church.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd share it.

I think that if you want to be baptized, it's a lovely thing to do to cement (not the word I want) your faith. It certainly won't hurt anything to do it, and it might give you a spiritual boost as you comtemplate it.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

I was baptized as a baby, as most people are/were, but discovered after becoming a Christian that that has nothing to do with anything really, it's merely a ritual. The Bible says that being baptized is a choice one makes, but it alone doesn't grant or guanrantee you salvation. It what one does in response to one's salvation.

I know many Christians are baptized after accepting Christ as a way of honoring Christ and following His Word. For me, this was very special, as I chose to make it a family affair - a few years ago, I was baptized in Lake Michigan by my brother, a missions minister, and before the 'ceremony', we had a family prayer on the beach.

It was *very* cool and very meaningful.
wink.gif

disco

mix it up a bit in here? I've replied to almost all the threads, but now there's just nothing to post here. We can't let this one die out. Ummmm, let's see *searches for a topic* got one. I'm considering being baptized. (yea, haven't been yet. In my family it's more of a choice thing.) But I don't really know if I should. Um, your thoughts on baptism? Yea, that's it. What are your thoughts on baptism?

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

flibbertigibbet

You're a victim of your parents.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Back
Top Bottom