Can we just... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:50 PM
When my nephew was born, my brother and his wife asked me to be his godmother. My sister-in-law was raised Catholic, and they had a Catholic ceremony (that went on for days!). I was raised Lutheran, so I had to go to Godparent class one evening to learn how to be a godmother to a Catholic child I learned that if you'd been baptized in any Christian church, you can cross yourself with the Holy water as you enter a Catholic church.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I thought I'd share it.

I think that if you want to be baptized, it's a lovely thing to do to cement (not the word I want) your faith. It certainly won't hurt anything to do it, and it might give you a spiritual boost as you comtemplate it.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 01:44 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:50 AM
I was baptized as a baby, as most people are/were, but discovered after becoming a Christian that that has nothing to do with anything really, it's merely a ritual. The Bible says that being baptized is a choice one makes, but it alone doesn't grant or guanrantee you salvation. It what one does in response to one's salvation.

I know many Christians are baptized after accepting Christ as a way of honoring Christ and following His Word. For me, this was very special, as I chose to make it a family affair - a few years ago, I was baptized in Lake Michigan by my brother, a missions minister, and before the 'ceremony', we had a family prayer on the beach.

It was *very* cool and very meaningful.

disco

Discoteque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 03:52 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:50 AM
Can we just...

mix it up a bit in here? I've replied to almost all the threads, but now there's just nothing to post here. We can't let this one die out. Ummmm, let's see *searches for a topic* got one. I'm considering being baptized. (yea, haven't been yet. In my family it's more of a choice thing.) But I don't really know if I should. Um, your thoughts on baptism? Yea, that's it. What are your thoughts on baptism?

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

flibbertigibbet

You're a victim of your parents.

Judoooooooo Chop!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote