Can anyone here suggest a good church in LA? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 09:45 AM
Can anyone here suggest a good church in LA?

I hope this isn't too off-topic but it definitely pertains to U2. I've been a huge fan for the longest time and identify very closely with the spiritual beliefs of the band. For the longest time I've been searching for a church that personifies these values. When I was up in San Francisco a few years back I attended a church there called Glide.

I absolutely loved it.

Since then I've been searching for something similar in LA. It's a bad cliche I'm sure but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'd love to find a church where social activism is a very high priority and where the message is bibically based but not fundamentally so.

My reason for posting here is that I figured there might be some other U2 fans in LA that might have some recommendations. If anybody does, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!!!

gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
Acrobat

where in LA are you gucci? There are a couple of great ones down in Orange County and I am sure there are some great Baptist ones in the heart of LA (real soul, black southern baptists that fills your soul with music). LA's a big place!!

new_craic_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
Babyface

I'm in West LA (Santa Monica to be specific). Orange County is too much of a drive but I don't have a problem heading in to the heart of LA. Agape is one that I've heard a lot of great things about so I definitely want to check that out one of these days. I'd love to know if anyone has any other suggestions.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
Acrobat

are you looking for non-denominational?
I am not in the Santa Monica area, but know some friends who may be able to suggest a good church.
new_craic_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
Babyface

I'm open. Ideally I would like something that is Christian (that's probably one of the reasons I haven't gotten to Agape yet) but in terms of denomination I don't have a strong inclination. Strong emphasis on social activism and a lot of diversity among the congregants would be great. Soulful music also a plus.