Bono pumping The Message again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well, although they didnt read my question.....which had to do with The Message by Eugene Peterson. Bono burst in on the last few minutes of the interview and raved some more about the message! Very cool stuff!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Elvis Presley said:
Well, although they didnt read my question.....which had to do with The Message by Eugene Peterson. Bono burst in on the last few minutes of the interview and raved some more about the message! Very cool stuff!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

I was also thrilled that he did that, and that he specifically mentioned the fact that Peterson has now finished the entire Bible. I love that version - so fresh, so real. What did you want to ask Bono about it, just out of curiosity?

My question was whether or not he was influenced by the message translation of Psalm 88 when writing Wake Up Dead Man, although the song probably pre-dates the Peterson version. :yes:

Is there a new publication of the Message out, that is the entire bible?

I have the Psalms, and the New Testament, and I noticed that Border's has the Old Testament out. I was just wondering if the whole bible is in one book now?

oktobergirl said:
Is there a new publication of the Message out, that is the entire bible?

I have the Psalms, and the New Testament, and I noticed that Border's has the Old Testament out. I was just wondering if the whole bible is in one book now?

Yes its all together in one now! Very cool too :yes:

Back
Top Bottom