Bono is Named "Spiritual Hero of the Year"! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > The Goal Is Soul
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:21 PM
Bono is Named "Spiritual Hero of the Year"!

Bono has just been named as "Spiritual Hero of the Year" by Science of Mind magazine in its January 2006 edition!

As I don't have a copy of the magazine yet, all I can tell you is that their magazine cover features that infamous picture of Bono kissing the cross that Pope John Paul II gave him after he draped it over the microphone at the April 2, 2005 (I think) concert.

It appears that the actual article will be about Bono's "In Conversation" book that came out earlier this year.

Here's the link:

http://www.scienceofmind.com/site/li...ne/jan_06.html

As an occasional reader of this magazine, I'm DEFINITELY going to check this edition out!

BONO TRULY IS A SPIRITUAL HERO FOR ANY YEAR....

Jamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 01:21 PM
I absolutely ADORED Mischka's In Conversation book. It was THAT book that really rang through to me how spiritual Bono really is and it awakened me to a lot of my own spirituality and thinking. So it doesn't surprise me that he would also be featured as a Spiritual Hero! Amazing soul that Mr Paul Hewson really is! Thanks for finding all of these unique articles and sharing them with us, Deb! Bless YOU!

Carek1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Bless you too, my friend.

The important thing about Bono's immense spirituality is the path that he took to discover it.

Bono has admitted that he has lost his way a few times in his journey to God but that Grace has always come back to find him.

So it is in Bono's ability and willingness to admit his failings (whatever they are) to God and to believe that God would send His/Her Grace to rescue him and lift him up that greatly has made him into the tremendous spiritual person Bono is today.

His journey to God is a lesson for us all to learn from.

I know that I have.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: Bono is Named "Spiritual Hero of the Year"!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Bono has just been named as "Spiritual Hero of the Year" by Science of Mind magazine in its January 2006 edition!

As I don't have a copy of the magazine yet, all I can tell you is that their magazine cover features that infamous picture of Bono kissing the cross that Pope John Paul II gave him after he draped it over the microphone at the April 2, 2005 (I think) concert.

It appears that the actual article will be about Bono's "In Conversation" book that came out earlier this year.

Here's the link:

http://www.scienceofmind.com/site/li...ne/jan_06.html

As an occasional reader of this magazine, I'm DEFINITELY going to check this edition out!

BONO TRULY IS A SPIRITUAL HERO FOR ANY YEAR....
I've had this magazine for 2 weeks now. I tried emailing Carrie the information, but didn't hear back. I've searched online for it, but to no avail. Seems the magazine's website doesn't change it's home page (or they are way behind). The cover has Bono on stage bending down to kiss his rosary beads that are hanging from his mic stand. No real revelations here (all info we all know), but it was nice to see. I don't know how to get a pic of the magazine to my computer, or I would have done it 2 weeks ago And no, the article has nothing to really do with Mischka's book, but it may be used as a reference or for a quote, I don't remember exactly
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:00 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:21 PM
Hero? I think that´s pushing it a little bit.

I mean, his spirituality is definately a good example but I wouldn´t say he is a heroe in that regard.
Niamh_Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Niamh_Saoirse you should be more respectful with Him who created you.
MissMaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by MissMaCo
Niamh_Saoirse you should be more respectful with Him who created you.
You mean He who created this attention-seeking, stage-hogging monster, right?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:50 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:21 PM
My mom-in-law gets this magazine & was so proud to show it to me last week. And although I didn't read a single thing I didn't already know, it is a good article - for those of us who don't live & breathe U2 constantly.

BluRmGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse

You mean He who created this attention-seeking, stage-hogging monster, right?

should I really or ?

MissMaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Lila, if you had the magazine for two weeks now why didn't you post about it?

Even if there was a mix up with emailing the info to Carrie, you still could have shared it with us.

And I don't like the term "hero" either but who am I to dispute what this magazine wants to do?

At least it's positive press in a spiritual magazine for Bono which is great as I see it.

I don't know who wouldn't approve of this press recognition.

CoExisT
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Lila, if you had the magazine for two weeks now why didn't you post about it?

Even if there was a mix up with emailing the info to Carrie, you still could have shared it with us.

And I don't like the term "hero" either but who am I to dispute what this magazine wants to do?

At least it's positive press in a spiritual magazine for Bono which is great as I see it.

I don't know who wouldn't approve of this press recognition.

CoExisT
I figured that the Science Of Mind site would have to update soon and put the cover/info up on it. I guess I was wrong. I did post some info about it during a setlist party, but practically no one noticed or seemed to care. And Carrie never answered and asked, so I waited a little bit to see if I could find it online - but no luck. I was going to email the author of the article, but the holidays came & it's been pretty hectic here. And I didn't have any time to re-type the article, sorry. My friend had received a gift subscription to the magazine and when she saw Bono on the cover, gave it (almost) immediately to me.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

And I didn't have any time to re-type the article, sorry.
Why are you sorry about not being able to find the time to laboriously re-type a lengthy article? You shouldn't feel guilty about that, and no one should be trying to make you feel that way. That's an unreasonable expectation that someone is foisting on you.
That article was in the public domain for two weeks; that's hardly your fault. (The word "coexist" is being twisted into all kinds of strange and distorted shapes these days.)
biff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #13
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff

Why are you sorry about not being able to find the time to laboriously re-type a lengthy article? You shouldn't feel guilty about that, and no one should be trying to make you feel that way. That's an unreasonable expectation that someone is foisting on you.
That article was in the public domain for two weeks; that's hardly your fault. (The word "coexist" is being twisted into all kinds of strange and distorted shapes these days.)
Exactly. I've known about the article for a few weeks as well...a relative of mine (who is also an Interference member) belongs to the Church of Religious Science and was shown a copy of the magazine by a fellow church member as soon as it came out. Unfortunately, it wasn't hers to keep so she was waiting for it to show up on line, just as Lila was doing. Even if she had been able to keep it for scanning purposes, she's been busy with church activities and the holidays so as horrifying as it might sound to some, this just wasn't a priority.
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:58 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

I didn't feel bad about not typing up the article. I wanted to share it with everyone, or at least the fact the issue was out and he was on the cover, etc. I wish I knew how to share it, that's all. I've checked the magazine's website daily to see if the old man's (Jack Canfield) mag cover was updated, but it ain't so. So I guess until someone shows me how to hook up my digital camera to my computer (software, cables, who knows what else), I can't take pics and share... But you can come over and view it if you like
Old 12-28-2005, 08:14 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by MissMaCo

should I really or ?

Please indulge in both.