Argh....Billy Graham a bust!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, after being on the road going 3 mph for TWO HOURS (in the rain), :scream: finding out the parking lot at Texas stadium was already full, then finally finding a parking spot about a mile away, then walking halfway to the stadium from there....we got notice that they were turning people away at the gates and even out of the parking lot because they were completely SOLD OUT. :( A record crowd of 85,000 people crammed in to hear Billy Graham (and Kirk Franklin, DC Talk and Jars of Clay too). WOW.

Tho it's SO exciting to know that so many people came to hear Dr. Graham speak about Christ, we were *very* upset that we didn't get in. Did any Interlanders in the Dallas area get to see the program?

Well....there's always the last "show" tomorrow....plus it promises to be a beautiful day!!! :yes: :D :up:

Boy, that stinks - I love Jars of Clay and DC Talk are awesome, I didn't think they were doing much as a group anymore (at least as of late). Hope you can make it in tonight!

Fortunately, I was one of the first people in the stadium. Sadly, Jars of Clay sounds lost in a huge stadium setting. I thought they had the best set, and their new album, The 11th Hour is one of the best I have ever heard. The place exploded for DC Talk, who I sorta like. OF course, Kirk Franklin got the whole place stompin and dancin. Billy Graham was WOW amazing. I have never once in my life seen an altar call like that in my life! Such a great move of the Holy Spirit. Sorry you missed it.

2nd time's a charm....

well, I did get in the second night (Sunday), we were smart this time, and found a route around all the traffic and a good parking spot (free!) as well. I heard another attendance record was broken Sunday night as well!

it was amazing to see SO many people in one place to hear Billy talk about God's word, gave me goosebumps. Michael W. Smith was good, tho a bit brief, but the ones who really brought down the house was the Gaither group - holy cow! Really vibrant, amazing singing, esp. from their youngest member (can't recall his name).

I was thrilled to see my pastor, Jack Graham, of Prestonwood church, speak for a bit (he's also the President of the S. Baptist group), and Billy's brother Melvin spok as well (calls Billy "Billy Frank" awww) :hug: Billy himself was great, with that deep voice of his, tho his talk was also brief - no more than half an hour. He said he'll "never say never" about this being his last Crusade, as it's in God's hands. He said his wife, Ruth, is very ill, and is pretty much bedridden, and that made me think of that sweet picture of Bono reading to Ruth....

all in all it was a wonderful event...glad we tried a second time! :yes:

Attachments

• bono-ruthgraham.jpg
    bono-ruthgraham.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 28
Wonderful - glad you made it the second time.:up: We've watched a few of the Crusades on TV - even when you know the message it is still moving to hear!

Thanks for adding the photo - I've never seen it before.

Blessings!

Back
Top Bottom