Are you sleeping Boss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SummerRain

Babyface
Somebody please help me. I feel like I've been abandoned by everybody, even God. There is a man I love more than life itself. He stopped loving me a while back and I have prayed over and over every day that he would start to love me again but it just didn't happen. Now we have had a big fight and he says he doesn't want anything to do with me. Why did God turn his back on me? He has always answered my prayers before. Why not this one? Have I done something wrong to make him not answer this one prayer, one that I want more than anything in the world? I feel so alone and I'm angry with God right now so I don't have anywhere at all to turn for comfort. Please somebody help me.

frown.gif

---------------
Walk On

This probably won't comfort you very much, but God knows what is best for you. Just because this man hasn't started loving you again it doesn't mean God has abandoned you. As hard as it may be to believe, He may have other plans for you. In the long run it may be best this way, even if it doesn't seem like it at the moment. God always listens to our prayers, but doesn't always answer them in the way we want. Sometimes it's hard to know why certain things happen, but trust that He knows what is best for you. If I were you I'd pray to Him again, asking Him to help you understand your situation and why things have turned out the way they have. Ask Him to give you strengh to get through this. It may seem hard at the moment, but God hasn't abandoned you. He really is working in your best interests.

I hope things get better for you soon.

((((Hugs))))

I agree with everything Truly said.

I had a high school sweetheart, starting in my junior year (1984). I loved her with more love than I've ever loved anyone besides family. We fell away from each other, but I still loved her. She got married in 1993. I still loved her at the time. That was the most painful (non-death related, anyway) day of my life. It took me a couple of years, but I got over it. You will too. In U2's words, roght now "you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it". Right now, all you can see is that you don't have what you so desperately want. But God can see the big picture, which is why he didn't give this to you. He knows that there is something better planned for you. It's not that he didn't answer you, but that the answer just might be "no", or "no, not at this time". Take heart, for if you are His, He will never forsake you. He is always by your side!

I was thinking about this very thing last night...the idea that if we pray to God for something and then he doesn't answer in the way we are expecting that somehow he has failed us or our prayers are ineffective. And the one thing that suddenly struck me as I lay in my bed in the dark was this: Jesus himself prayed before his arrest and execution for another way, one other than the cross. Granted, he wasn't demanding but he was asking God...if there is any other way, "let this cup pass from me." He prayed...and God did not answer his prayer in the affirmative. I had never really thought about this before. Now if God Incarnate in the form of Jesus had a prayer answered NO, does that mean that God was angry with him? That Jesus was not an effective pray-er? I doubt that.

Prayer is not a way of forcing God to complete our wishes and to do what we want. It's communication. Kind of like when you talk with a friend. It's 2 way. Dialogue. Your friends will not always be able to fulfill your requests. For example, say your best friend knows that your brother bought you the entire U2 catalogue for your birthday. You and your best friend are out shopping and you hint and/or ask for her to buy ATYCLB for you for your birthday present. Your friend has knowledge that you don't have...so she may choose NOT to fulfill your request. Not because she hates you or that she wants you to have less than the best, but because she knows there is a larger plan at work. Ok, so that may be a really trite and stupid example, but you see what I'm trying to say I hope.

For what it's worth I know what you are going through. I was completely in love with a man who returned the feeling but then decided to remove his love from me. The pain was so intense, it was physical. I really didn't think that I would be able to survive and I couldn't see life without him. But you know what? I survived. It wasn't overnight that I got through it, but it was one day at a time. And a year later I can think back on the whole thing and not feel the searing pain or have tears come to my eyes. I don't have any great advice really, except that you must keep telling yourself that "this time will pass". Face the pain head on and go through the middle of it. You will find that you will grow and become a stronger person as a result. You are a special and unique individual and you ARE worthy of love. Never ever forget that, ok?

And don't forget that you have friends here who are willing to listen and give you a shoulder to lean on.

-sula

A lot of people here are hurting so much, gosh. I'm sorry about your grief, SummerRain. I know how it sucks to not be able to be with that someone special. I went through the same thing, but a little different: I had found a 'kindred spirit',we connected so deeply and intensely as friends. But what happened was that we couldn't even be friends, due to unique circumstances. I didn't even want him as a lover, just to be his friend, but it was impossible. So we had to go our separate ways. It still hurts sometimes. One of life's most difficult lessons is learning to let go. My own mother, who is one of the wisest I know, didn't really learn this lesson until her fifties or something, or so she admitted to me. It's difficult, but you know what the hope is? The more difficult and greater the pain, the more (good) fruits it will bear.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

God is with it. He knows why he pulled that man from your arms. Maybe somewhere down the line He'll let you in on that secret, but for now, sorrow is going to be a part of you. And it will only be a part of you as long as you LET it be a part of you. You cannot pray to get this relationship back, it just isn't meant to be. Just like you can't pray for your former best friend to be the same as she once was and expect that that's going to happen. Your feeling that God has left you is wrong. Remember that there are two footsteps in the sand ALL of the time. Do not resent God for a relationshio that crumbled. If you do, you'll be missing out on a lot more than a phsical hand to hold. Maybe God is trying to tell you that you need to work on yourself for a while. You cannot love people more than you love your life (with the exception of your children) when you don't know what your life is. God is there. Don't worry about that.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

+fabulous+

The Edge, it's a direct object.

Wow, this is really crazy...someone I know is going through a very similar situation...

God has not turned his back on you, he hasn't yet, and never will. I think Garth Brooks said something about some of God's greatest gifts being unanswered prayers. All of this is happening for a reason. I promise you that someday you'll find someone who can make you even happier. It's all a matter of time. Instead of praying to save the relationship, ask God to strengthen your heart....you'll get through....everyone does.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Relationships are so hard. I wish I had some great bit of advice I could share with you but I don't. I have been through so much the last few years and I am just trying to live a very simple life right now. Know that it's okay to grieve over this relationship and that better days are ahead for you. You may hurt badly inside right now but you will find your way. Have faith.

------------------
I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

--New York

Hey. I don't know you - but I'm sorry for what you're going through. Nothing I or anyone can say will lessen the pain you are feeling but I'll try to share a little story here that may shed a little light - very similar to what you're going through.

When I was much younger, I had a four year relationship with a guy that ended sort of badly. This was a guy I planned to marry - we had talked about it, and I had moved from one city to another to follow him. I was crushed and felt that I couldn't even function and had that desperate I've got to get him back feeling, you know? And I prayed about it and got the same answer you are getting and was very distressed by that. But, a couple of years later, I met my husband. A wonderful man I've been married to for almost 13 years now - and he's the father of my 2 kids. I love him dearly and in retrospect cannot imagine what my life would've been like if I had ended up with that first guy. Also in retrospect, I can see all kinds of things that were wrong with that relationship and had I stayed with him, I never would have experienced what a really good relationship looks like. That certainly didn't lessen the pain of what I was going through at the time - nothing could except time - but I know now that maybe God knew what was best for me at the time and had a bigger plan.

I'll pray for peace for you as you go through this and remember that this too shall pass.

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

What do you do when that time doesn't pass? What do you do when everything important you attempt fails? I still believe in God, but I no longer really believe that He has a plan for me.

Originally posted by Klodomir:
What do you do when that time doesn't pass? What do you do when everything important you attempt fails? I still believe in God, but I no longer really believe that He has a plan for me.

The best part of my life was when I realized that I was a failure. That's when I realized that God wants me to rely completely on Him.
That's what the cross of Jesus was all about. God knew that we were failures, and that we would never make it to fellowship with him if we tried to do it on our known. So, He sent His Son to die for us on the cross, and it is that blood that covers the Christian's sins and gives him/her salvation.

Back
Top Bottom