Angels appearing above the crowd (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerrylives

The Fly
This photo was taken during Moment Of Surrender at one of the Barcelona shows. If God Will Send His Angels?

angels.jpg

Here's the original link: Someone from u2 has to explain this!. In Barcelona these appe... on Twitpic

This pic is beautiful, but it's photoshopped, nobody saw anything like this in Barcelona, at least my friends and I didn't and nobody has said a thing about it in any forum.

This pic is beautiful, but it's photoshopped, nobody saw anything like this in Barcelona, at least my friends and I didn't and nobody has said a thing about it in any forum.

I was at this concert too. I don't recall it and first heard of it on this forum, but my friend who was with me remembers seeing it, it was projected from the claw. I double checked on a DVD bootleg from u2s and you can see them. I wish I'd noticed!!

I was at this concert too. I don't recall it and first heard of it on this forum, but my friend who was with me remembers seeing it, it was projected from the claw. I double checked on a DVD bootleg from u2s and you can see them. I wish I'd noticed!!

Can you post the video clip that shows this please? Or have them download it to youtube?
Thanks!

Can you post the video clip that shows this please? Or have them download it to youtube?
Thanks!

Hey Jeannieco, the file is quite large. I will try and edit it to show the clip where you can see it and send you a link. I'll have to do this 2moro as I have to get going :)

I was in Barcelona and can 110% confirm that it's a real picture, it was projected towards the lower end of the Stadium by one of the lights at the foot of the claw (left front one). I could see it perfectly as I was standing right in front of it, many people turned around to see it as well, so it's not a big secret.

This wasn't done at any other show I was at, looks like Barcelona was a one-off. But U2 change graphics here and there all the time, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Besides, most stadiums didn't have a good roof where the image could be projected onto, Barcelona had a very nice wall-like roof at its lower end...

But yeah, anyway, the pic is real as it can get!

I was in Barcelona and can 110% confirm that it's a real picture, it was projected towards the lower end of the Stadium by one of the lights at the foot of the claw (left front one). I could see it perfectly as I was standing right in front of it, many people turned around to see it as well, so it's not a big secret.

But yeah, anyway, the pic is real as it can get!

I'm trying to revise all my friends and my own takes of that night, because I love the image, maybe we were in parts of the stadium (we were in different places) we couldn't see it, but it would be fantastic if I found it in our own pics and nobody had realised. It was Barna 1, wasn't it? I know you are especific about the point, but I don't get it when you say the left front one, if I were Bono on stage looking to the main body of the stadium would I have to look right of left? (I'm sorry I'm so bad at directions, if it bothers you, just ignore the post)

I'm trying to revise all my friends and my own takes of that night, because I love the image, maybe we were in parts of the stadium (we were in different places) we couldn't see it, but it would be fantastic if I found it in our own pics and nobody had realised. It was Barna 1, wasn't it? I know you are especific about the point, but I don't get it when you say the left front one, if I were Bono on stage looking to the main body of the stadium would I have to look right of left? (I'm sorry I'm so bad at directions, if it bothers you, just ignore the post)

It was done on both Barca nights.

As to the direction: Facing the claw/stage, I saw the projection coming from the front claw on the left side (Edge side), there was an extra beamer or something of that kind if I remember correctly. The whole thing was projected onto the (again, facing the stage) back of the stadium on the right side (the side in Nou Camp which has a roof!)...

I hope that was a bit clearer, I'm horrible in description :)

Thank you so much! No, you're not horrible, it's just I'm one of those people who have two right arms or two left, depending on the occasion, first night I was on Edge's side and second on Adam's, so I think I know where to start looking for it, if I get any pics I'll post them here. Thanks again!

Hey Marien, sorry for getting back to you so late.
I just arrived home late 2nite but I will post screenshots and and link you to a short clip as soon as I get the chance.
Exactly as mirrorball man described, two angels were projected on the small roof section which was to the right of stage if you are facing the band from the main GA section. In the video i downloaded you can only see 1 of the angels in the top right hand corner of the screen, and the wings are flowing quite quickly. The image on this post is just excellent timing!
Hopefully i'll get it up soon. Sorry for the delay!

Hey Marien, sorry for getting back to you so late.
I just arrived home late 2nite but I will post screenshots and and link you to a short clip as soon as I get the chance.
Exactly as mirrorball man described, two angels were projected on the small roof section which was to the right of stage if you are facing the band from the main GA section. In the video i downloaded you can only see 1 of the angels in the top right hand corner of the screen, and the wings are flowing quite quickly. The image on this post is just excellent timing!
Hopefully i'll get it up soon. Sorry for the delay!

Don't worry, I don't have too much time for the net these days either. Thank you for the information and the pic. I've been looking at my own pics again, but there's nothing in them, I was quite towards the centre of the claw, so I guess it was the claw itself what blocked the sight. I'll love to see the video, but take your time, thanks again!

Wow! stratocaster, your video is amazing! and I'm not talking only about the angels, the image and the sound are perfect. I think there is no way I could have seen the angels from where I was, the claw was in the middle both nights.
Thanks a million!!!!!:up:

Thanks Marien. Its not actually my footage as I was in GA so I didnt notice the angels either. If you check on u2torrents the whole concert is available from that particular view. Its very good quality :)

So were these projections (assuming that they are intentional lighting effects) supposed to look like something or were they just random? They are clearly moving in the video, but they seem to hold their shape pretty well the whole time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom