achieving the goal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
so far..so good.
when I brought three new males into this world, I said my goal was to raise them to be good men, who would be perceptive, honest and compassionate. It gets a bit hard sometimes, this parenting business, you wonder if you are on the right path...should I have encouraged them to be "tougher" in this dog eat dog world?
But I have never felt "yes" is the answer to that question.
So when something happens by which you can measure your outcomes, it is so encouraging and satisfying. I wanted to share it with you here.
It is the end of the school year in Australia...yearly reports have come home. My youngest came second in his year in science and art and received the excellent option for conduct and effort in many of his subjects with comments like " a capable student with a desire to learn" His music teacher called him "a mature student who demonstrates genuine musical aptitude, with very good musical memory" ( he is self-taught but like his brother, has chosen music as an elective subject for year 9&10, as well as computer studies..I think they compliment each other well...I let him make his own choices, he has made good ones imho)

But it is the comments from his SRE teacher( special religious education) that has made my old heart proud and prompted me to make this post...you can have moments of doubt,it has been an up and down year, but this has made me feel I have at least done done something right.

"..he is a thoughtful student. he always offers insightful comments to all discussions and often shows wisdom beyond his years. He is an asset to the classroom"
**cass smiles** we're getting there:yes:

peace musiclovers :wave:

Bless you Cass...there is no other job as important as raising a child. Your love, patience, and prayers will be a crown upon your head as your children live out their lives in the shadow of your care for their lives...thank you for gracefully sharing your story with us.

Chris

Cass that is lovely. Truly lovely. You alone are a wonderful person, and even though we dont really *know* you, it is clear that your boys are getting all the best they can from you. You are a real credit to them, and vice versa.
:)

Wow cass.

Congratulations.

I am too much of an egoist to have children. But sometimes I think how it would be to have a daughter... or a son... hmmm

That's wonderful Cass...a job well done on your part :)

I have also raised 3 sons and sometimes it's a thankless job but stories like yours give me hope.

I have spent many hours typing comments on report cards. The words your son's teacher types speak volumes about your child. You made me happy to see that someone reads the comments we type. Keep up the good job Mom!

Peace

sorry guys, to take so long to reply..I get side-tracked on other threads and the

time just zooms by.
Your kind words are deeply appreciated. I felt maybe I was being conceited to post such a thing...but it was a tough year, he had me worried in it's early part.
Hiphop, I felt the opposite, that perhaps it is egotistical to reproduce. I don't quite understand your feelings.Slainte, whatever happens in your future.
spanisheyes and olive, thanks for your thoughts, but there is nothing graceful about me, the old Taurean in a china shop. But maybe also where the homely patience comes from.....moooo.
3 boys too BAW?:hug: It's still a mystery to me, but we're getting there.Don't they go and get big so quickly.
Angela...you counting the days? You wait mate, nothing like it, so much :heart: :love: :heart:it has to be seen to be believed, your babies fingers, fuzzy hair..a new U2 fan on the way. I'd get that man of yours to take you out to dinner as much as possible in the next few weeks though. Stay fit, you'll be right. Reach out if you need to.
nbcrusader You're a school teacher?:up: of course I read and listen to everything the teachers say. I love being involved where I can. Is it the weekend almost where you are?** cass gets nb, a comfy chair, his/her slippers,and a good book.** Relax, you earned it!!!
Thanks muchly. He's my baby , love of my life.
2 you and anyone else here doing the parenting/childcare thing
:hug:y'all

sorry guys, to take so long to reply..I get side-tracked on other threads and the

time just zooms by.
Your kind words are deeply appreciated. I felt maybe I was being conceited to post such a thing...but it was a tough year, he had me worried in it's early part.
Hiphop, I felt the opposite, that perhaps it is egotistical to reproduce. I don't quite understand your feelings.Slainte, whatever happens in your future.
spanisheyes and olive, thanks for your thoughts, but there is nothing graceful about me, the old Taurean in a china shop. But maybe also where the homely patience comes from.....moooo.
3 boys too BAW?:hug: It's still a mystery to me, but we're getting there.Don't they go and get big so quickly.
Angela...you counting the days? You wait mate, nothing like it, so much :heart: :love: :heart:it has to be seen to be believed, your babies fingers, fuzzy hair..a new U2 fan on the way. I'd get that man of yours to take you out to dinner as much as possible in the next few weeks though. Stay fit, you'll be right. Reach out if you need to.
dreadsox, You're a school teacher?:up: of course I read and listen to everything the teachers say. I love being involved where I can. Is it the weekend almost where you are?** cass gets dsox, a comfy chair, his/her slippers ans some sox made form Australian wool,and a good book.** Relax, you earned it!!!

Thanks muchly.We may take different paths, but I think we have similiar goals.
He's my baby , love of my life.
2 you and anyone else here doing the parenting/childcare thing
:hug:y'all

Back
Top Bottom