Tasukete! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Viva el Feedback. Vive le Feedback. Langes lebendes Feedback.
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2004, 09:25 AM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 06:23 AM
btw how do you like my new avatar

Old 01-09-2004, 02:56 AM   #77
War Child

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Friar Sr
ah thats that she doesnt have good memories about holland..

are they still friends, if he's coming to her place a lot?
I don't know well...I think a little different.
She told me, when ex-husbad came to her home...
She said,"he said,Do you want to back together?
I didn't say nothing.But I think I don't want to that...
I want to live only with my childlen forever...that's it..."
I think she permission come to ex-husband for kids.
Actually, my nephew has handicapped and niece has illness.
so they(my sis and ex-husband) have a lot of problem.
My sis trying to do every thing for her kids, everyday.
I love her kids very much!!

Old 01-09-2004, 02:58 AM   #78
War Child

Quote:
btw how do you like my new avatar
I like it!!
But who is this?
Old 01-09-2004, 04:10 AM   #79
Refugee

my avatar is msgr fred stadtmueller, the original flying padre!

who is flying padre? in 1951, stanley kubrick (from movies such as '2001: a space odyssey' and, more recently 'eyes wide shut') made a 9 minute documentary about a priest somewhere in central america, who flew in a plane to do his missionary duties. it was his second film.

the u2 connection? well, the connection has to be kubrick himself. the u2 song 'alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk / korova' (b-side the fly) is inspired by this ultra violent character 'alex', who went to the korova milk bar to drink lsd-filled milk in the film 'a clockwork orange', which was directed by stanley kubrick.

there you go, kubrick has got something to do with u2 and flying padre has got something to do with kubrick. and fred stadtmueller is (was) the flying padre. got it?

from the british film institute:

Dist-Kingston. p.c-Stanley Kubrick. For RKO. p-Burton Benjamin. sc/ph-Stanley Kubrick. ed-Isaac Kleinerman. rn-Nathaniel Shilkret. sd. rec-Harold R. Vivian. narrator-Bob Hite. with-the Reverend Fred Stadtmueller. 306 ft. 9 mins. (16 mm.).

An account of two days in the life of Reverend Fred Stadtmueller, who covers his parish of 4,000 square miles and eleven mission churches in Harding County, north-eastern New Mexico, in a single-engined Piper Cub aeroplane, the "Spirit of St. Joseph". The priest is seen officiating at a funeral in an outlying mission, then holding a service for his largely Spanish-American congregation at his main mission, St. Joseph's, in the village of Mosquero. He goes to the aid of a little girl being bullied by a playmate, Pedro; his hobbies - raising canaries, shooting and hunting - are detailed; finally he flies to the aid of a mother and her sick baby in an isolated farm, ferrying them to hospital.

Kubrick's second short, made with the sponsorship of RKO after they had bought Day of the Fight, is by far the more conventional of the two. Not that Kubrick is invisible in the film, merely that the film-maker-to-be so startlingly asserted in Day of the Fight seems here to have contracted himself into an uncongenial corner. This is the documentary tribute of the almost unwatchably naive, rose-tinted Look at Life variety, treating the good reverend's every activity-including shooting and hunting and raising canaries for profit - as if they would earn him merit badges in some celestial scout movement. The quaintness and artificiality seem at times more than the inexperienced director can contain: witness the weird tableau of the priest wagging his finger at the pertly penitent Pedro. Things to come, however, are undeniably signalled in the mise-en-scene: the almost impossible-seeming low-angle of the priest in his plane (see front cover), turning the cockpit into an indefinable space, some mysterious temple; the Eisensteinian close-ups of peasant faces round the funeral in the desert. And if the subject of Day of the Fight is a slight pretext for its mood of doom and determinism, then the artificiality here, in a perverse way, is grist to a developing narrative instinct. There is the two-day time structure and the coyly contrived emergency at the end, in which the 'suspenseful' orchestration of detail-baby crying/the plane being readied for flight; mother scanning the skies for salvation/the plane looking down on her farm in the middle of nowhere-testifies to a boldness, clarity and even dialectical sense of spectacle.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:16 AM   #80
Refugee

i understand, when kids are involved the separated parents should still see each other of course. do you see your nephew and niece a lot?
Old 01-09-2004, 04:18 AM   #81
Refugee

btw is your name akiko?
Old 01-09-2004, 07:40 AM   #82
War Child

Quote:
my avatar is msgr fred stadtmueller, the original flying padre!

who is flying padre? in 1951, stanley kubrick (from movies such as '2001: a space odyssey' and, more recently 'eyes wide shut') made a 9 minute documentary about a priest somewhere in central america, who flew in a plane to do his missionary duties. it was his second film.

the u2 connection? well, the connection has to be kubrick himself. the u2 song 'alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk / korova' (b-side the fly) is inspired by this ultra violent character 'alex', who went to the korova milk bar to drink lsd-filled milk in the film 'a clockwork orange', which was directed by stanley kubrick.

there you go, kubrick has got something to do with u2 and flying padre has got something to do with kubrick. and fred stadtmueller is (was) the flying padre. got it?

from the british film institute:

Dist-Kingston. p.c-Stanley Kubrick. For RKO. p-Burton Benjamin. sc/ph-Stanley Kubrick. ed-Isaac Kleinerman. rn-Nathaniel Shilkret. sd. rec-Harold R. Vivian. narrator-Bob Hite. with-the Reverend Fred Stadtmueller. 306 ft. 9 mins. (16 mm.).

An account of two days in the life of Reverend Fred Stadtmueller, who covers his parish of 4,000 square miles and eleven mission churches in Harding County, north-eastern New Mexico, in a single-engined Piper Cub aeroplane, the "Spirit of St. Joseph". The priest is seen officiating at a funeral in an outlying mission, then holding a service for his largely Spanish-American congregation at his main mission, St. Joseph's, in the village of Mosquero. He goes to the aid of a little girl being bullied by a playmate, Pedro; his hobbies - raising canaries, shooting and hunting - are detailed; finally he flies to the aid of a mother and her sick baby in an isolated farm, ferrying them to hospital.

Kubrick's second short, made with the sponsorship of RKO after they had bought Day of the Fight, is by far the more conventional of the two. Not that Kubrick is invisible in the film, merely that the film-maker-to-be so startlingly asserted in Day of the Fight seems here to have contracted himself into an uncongenial corner. This is the documentary tribute of the almost unwatchably naive, rose-tinted Look at Life variety, treating the good reverend's every activity-including shooting and hunting and raising canaries for profit - as if they would earn him merit badges in some celestial scout movement. The quaintness and artificiality seem at times more than the inexperienced director can contain: witness the weird tableau of the priest wagging his finger at the pertly penitent Pedro. Things to come, however, are undeniably signalled in the mise-en-scene: the almost impossible-seeming low-angle of the priest in his plane (see front cover), turning the cockpit into an indefinable space, some mysterious temple; the Eisensteinian close-ups of peasant faces round the funeral in the desert. And if the subject of Day of the Fight is a slight pretext for its mood of doom and determinism, then the artificiality here, in a perverse way, is grist to a developing narrative instinct. There is the two-day time structure and the coyly contrived emergency at the end, in which the 'suspenseful' orchestration of detail-baby crying/the plane being readied for flight; mother scanning the skies for salvation/the plane looking down on her farm in the middle of nowhere-testifies to a boldness, clarity and even dialectical sense of spectacle.
I found your avatar where came from !
This site,light?
http://www.catholicgoldenage.org/

Is he minister?
I don't know about catholic well. (because I'm buddhist)

BTW your this reply thread is too long.
I got a little.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:57 AM   #83
War Child

Quote:
i understand, when kids are involved the separated parents should still see each other of course. do you see your nephew and niece a lot?
Yes.My sis lives in near my house.
Kids loves me too!
When come to my house,they hug me! (usually japanese do not hug)
Old 01-09-2004, 07:58 AM   #84
War Child

Quote:
btw is your name akiko?
How do you know my name?
Old 01-09-2004, 08:05 AM   #85
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono=Saint
I found your avatar where came from !
This site,light?
http://www.catholicgoldenage.org/
yessss

Quote:
Is he minister?
I don't know about catholic well. (because I'm buddhist)
i believe he's a bishop, since he's called monsignieur (i might be wrong though)

Quote:
BTW your this reply thread is too long.
I got a little.
ah well
the long part after 'from the british film institute:' is just an explanation from the film i found on someone's website. you could just skip it.

but you didn't answer my 2 questions in the two separate threads that came after the long thread.
didnt you notice them?
Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 AM   #86
Refugee

ah but you just did answer these questions (miscommunication, we're both online )

well, i know your name because i read your journal here. one of the parts (written in japanese) had written akiko under it. i figured that should be your name

btw kinda boring that japanese don't hug
Old 01-10-2004, 04:14 AM   #87
War Child

Quote:
btw kinda boring that japanese don't hug
I do not never hug to my friend each other.(ofcause no kissing!)
When a greeting,we just say hi.(ofcause when a leaving ,we just say bye!)
Cause we do not over action in the precence of the people.
Yeah,quite boring!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:18 AM   #88
War Child

Quote:
well, i know your name because i read your journal here. one of the parts (written in japanese) had written akiko under it. i figured that should be your name
I don't like my name.
Cause my ex-boyfriend(an Australian) called my name "a-key-ko".
Sounds like one key ko?
My name mean is "sunny child" in japanese.(in kanji)
Aki=sunny Ko=child
Our country have three character.(hiragana,katakana,kanji)
Hiragana,Katakana is very easy.(like abc..)
But Kanji is really difficult.(usually other country people give up learning.Except chinese)
Kanji came from China long time ago.
My name's chracter(kanji) is easy.

If you are interest in Japanese character,please visit this site:http://www.kanjisite.com/

Well you can call me "Aki"!
Recently Bono=Saint is a little boring.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:11 AM   #89
Refugee

Quote:

I don't like my name.
Cause my ex-boyfriend(an Australian) called my name "a-key-ko".
Sounds like one key ko?
My name mean is "sunny child" in japanese.(in kanji)
Aki=sunny Ko=child
Our country have three character.(hiragana,katakana,kanji)
Hiragana,Katakana is very easy.(like abc..)
But Kanji is really difficult.(usually other country people give up learning.Except chinese)
Kanji came from China long time ago.
My name's chracter(kanji) is easy.

If you are interest in Japanese character,please visit this site:http://www.kanjisite.com/

Well you can call me "Aki"!
Recently Bono=Saint is a little boring.
i think your full name is also very nice, but i will gladly call you by the short version:

hi aki my name is lars

my name doesnt mean anything i believe. its originally a swedish name actually.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:47 AM   #90
War Child

Hi lars!
You know what I love your user name.
But there is another flaming here.
So lars is good to me!

PS:My name is typical japanese name actually.