Tasukete!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah music is my greatest hobby! at the moment im especially busy with the salsa dancing. we're doing that about three times a week the last couple of months, so we're getting quite good at it :sexywink:

in november, we have even been on vacation to cuba, the country where salsa originates from! that was so great. we took private dancing lessons and went dancing in clubs almost every night. cuban style salsa is a bit different from the style we normally dance (los angeles style salsa), so it was great learning that as well! we now can dance two diferent styles :wink:

its a pity you gave up on the drumming! i always say: dont quit because you think you cant do it, because often you can but it just takes a lot of time to practice. you should only quit if you dont like it or dont have the time :ohmy:

but youre also interested in latin music! great eh! and you dance also... do you dance salsa or other dances?

Last edited:
Flaming Friar Sr said:
yeah music is my greatest hobby! at the moment im especially busy with the salsa dancing. we're doing that about three times a week the last couple of months, so we're getting quite good at it :sexywink:

in november, we have even been on vacation to cuba, the country where salsa originates from! that was so great. we took private dancing lessons and went dancing in clubs almost every night. cuban style salsa is a bit different from the style we normally dance (los angeles style salsa), so it was great learning that as well! we now can dance two diferent styles :wink:

its a pity you gave up on the drumming! i always say: dont quit because you think you cant do it, because often you can but it just takes a lot of time to practice. you should only quit if you dont like it or dont have the time :ohmy:

but youre also interested in latin music! great eh! and you dance also... do you dance salsa or other dances?

Your hobby is really great! :yes:

I want to learn play the drum someday!!

Oh,you went to Cuba! :ohmy:
I watched Cuba dancing on TV.
It's sounds like so difficult.
My friend learned salsa dancing.
She said,"salsa danicing is really difficult."
I can't dancing Cuba salsa!:shrug:

I don't learn any dance.
But I like salsa and berydance(soryy,I forgot spell!).:dance:

Bono=Saint said:
My friend learned salsa dancing.
She said,"salsa danicing is really difficult."

well it can be very difficult if you have trouble hearing the 'beat'. you do need to have a certain feeling for the rhythm!

but if you can hear the beat you just need to practice a lot :wink:

over and over again you need to practice the basic steps and if youve mastered them, youre ready to try about a million different combinations. i especially like it because salsa is a very free dance. you can do whatever you want as long as it fits the rhythm. unlike ballroom dancing in which you have to follow strictly certain patterns!

I'm sorry for late reply.
Cause my computer was broken.(now fix it)
So x-mas was really so terrible.:down:

How about your x-mas,Flaming?

sorry to hear you had such a lousy christmas :( was it just because of the fact that your computer broke down or did other bad things happen as well?

i actually liked my christmas quite well :wink: we celebrated in a very traditional way, on christmas day itself we went to my wife's parents and on boxing day we went to mine. really just nice to talk and have diner with the families. it was good but now im back at work, which isnt as much fun :| free holidays :drool: work :madspit:

Now my feeling is really empty.:sigh:
Cause x-mas is gone...
Tomorrow,I have to make "osechi" all day...:crazy:
"Osechi" is Japanese traditional new years food.
The day after tomorrow,I will have to clean in my house.(this is japanese coustom too.)

I think,this year is not good to me.(But I joined this site.This is really good to me.:yes:)

How about you,flaming?

happy new year :up: i hope you had a nice time, i did! we had did diner with a couple of friends and at night we went dancing to a latin music party. was great fun!

Simple question.
You not change your avatar long time.
Do you like that man?(I like your avatar.But...:reject: )

hahaha my avatar. well, actually 'that man' doesnt mean anything to me. i just liked the fact he wore such a silly hat. it fits my user name i suppose.

i used to be called 'flying padre jr' around here, but that username was banned (because of nothing actually). i was rather angry because of that and then i returned as 'flaming' friar sr.

but maybe your right and i should look for another avatar, its getting a bit boring.

I'm look forward to your new avatar.:hug:

BTW I found huistenbosch(in Japan) site.
If you're interest in netherlands village...
please visit this site:
http://english.huistenbosch.co.jp/index.html

I checked this site.And I thought,humm...not bad...I want to visit there...for learn about Netherlands...and next I'll visit real Netherlands...:hmm:

ah this looks sooo weird:

europe.jpg

this is a famous amsterdam hotel, but now in the background these japanese hills (which of course we dont have). it looks very nice and well-copied from the original. i imagine it be very strange to walk around in this holland village if youre dutch. you should definitely go i think :wink:

I asked my sis about huistenbosch.
Cause my sis went to there.(in honeymoon)
But my sis don't have any photo and pamphlet.:grumpy:

I think maybe bad memories to her.(she divororced last year)

But ex-husband come to my sis's home very often....
That's weird...:eyebrow:

ah thats :( that she doesnt have good memories about holland..

are they still friends, if he's coming to her place a lot?

Flaming Friar Sr said:
ah thats :( that she doesnt have good memories about holland..

are they still friends, if he's coming to her place a lot?

I don't know well...I think a little different.
She told me, when ex-husbad came to her home...
She said,"he said,Do you want to back together?
I didn't say nothing.But I think I don't want to that...
I want to live only with my childlen forever...that's it..."
I think she permission come to ex-husband for kids.
Actually, my nephew has handicapped and niece has illness.
so they(my sis and ex-husband) have a lot of problem.
My sis trying to do every thing for her kids, everyday.
I love her kids very much!!:hug:

my avatar is msgr fred stadtmueller, the original flying padre!

who is flying padre? in 1951, stanley kubrick (from movies such as '2001: a space odyssey' and, more recently 'eyes wide shut') made a 9 minute documentary about a priest somewhere in central america, who flew in a plane to do his missionary duties. it was his second film.

the u2 connection? well, the connection has to be kubrick himself. the u2 song 'alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk / korova' (b-side the fly) is inspired by this ultra violent character 'alex', who went to the korova milk bar to drink lsd-filled milk in the film 'a clockwork orange', which was directed by stanley kubrick.

there you go, kubrick has got something to do with u2 and flying padre has got something to do with kubrick. and fred stadtmueller is (was) the flying padre. got it? :D

from the british film institute:

Dist-Kingston. p.c-Stanley Kubrick. For RKO. p-Burton Benjamin. sc/ph-Stanley Kubrick. ed-Isaac Kleinerman. rn-Nathaniel Shilkret. sd. rec-Harold R. Vivian. narrator-Bob Hite. with-the Reverend Fred Stadtmueller. 306 ft. 9 mins. (16 mm.).

An account of two days in the life of Reverend Fred Stadtmueller, who covers his parish of 4,000 square miles and eleven mission churches in Harding County, north-eastern New Mexico, in a single-engined Piper Cub aeroplane, the "Spirit of St. Joseph". The priest is seen officiating at a funeral in an outlying mission, then holding a service for his largely Spanish-American congregation at his main mission, St. Joseph's, in the village of Mosquero. He goes to the aid of a little girl being bullied by a playmate, Pedro; his hobbies - raising canaries, shooting and hunting - are detailed; finally he flies to the aid of a mother and her sick baby in an isolated farm, ferrying them to hospital.

Kubrick's second short, made with the sponsorship of RKO after they had bought Day of the Fight, is by far the more conventional of the two. Not that Kubrick is invisible in the film, merely that the film-maker-to-be so startlingly asserted in Day of the Fight seems here to have contracted himself into an uncongenial corner. This is the documentary tribute of the almost unwatchably naive, rose-tinted Look at Life variety, treating the good reverend's every activity-including shooting and hunting and raising canaries for profit - as if they would earn him merit badges in some celestial scout movement. The quaintness and artificiality seem at times more than the inexperienced director can contain: witness the weird tableau of the priest wagging his finger at the pertly penitent Pedro. Things to come, however, are undeniably signalled in the mise-en-scene: the almost impossible-seeming low-angle of the priest in his plane (see front cover), turning the cockpit into an indefinable space, some mysterious temple; the Eisensteinian close-ups of peasant faces round the funeral in the desert. And if the subject of Day of the Fight is a slight pretext for its mood of doom and determinism, then the artificiality here, in a perverse way, is grist to a developing narrative instinct. There is the two-day time structure and the coyly contrived emergency at the end, in which the 'suspenseful' orchestration of detail-baby crying/the plane being readied for flight; mother scanning the skies for salvation/the plane looking down on her farm in the middle of nowhere-testifies to a boldness, clarity and even dialectical sense of spectacle.

Last edited:
i understand, when kids are involved the separated parents should still see each other of course. do you see your nephew and niece a lot?

Flaming Friar Sr said:
my avatar is msgr fred stadtmueller, the original flying padre!

who is flying padre? in 1951, stanley kubrick (from movies such as '2001: a space odyssey' and, more recently 'eyes wide shut') made a 9 minute documentary about a priest somewhere in central america, who flew in a plane to do his missionary duties. it was his second film.

the u2 connection? well, the connection has to be kubrick himself. the u2 song 'alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk / korova' (b-side the fly) is inspired by this ultra violent character 'alex', who went to the korova milk bar to drink lsd-filled milk in the film 'a clockwork orange', which was directed by stanley kubrick.

there you go, kubrick has got something to do with u2 and flying padre has got something to do with kubrick. and fred stadtmueller is (was) the flying padre. got it? :D

from the british film institute:

Dist-Kingston. p.c-Stanley Kubrick. For RKO. p-Burton Benjamin. sc/ph-Stanley Kubrick. ed-Isaac Kleinerman. rn-Nathaniel Shilkret. sd. rec-Harold R. Vivian. narrator-Bob Hite. with-the Reverend Fred Stadtmueller. 306 ft. 9 mins. (16 mm.).

An account of two days in the life of Reverend Fred Stadtmueller, who covers his parish of 4,000 square miles and eleven mission churches in Harding County, north-eastern New Mexico, in a single-engined Piper Cub aeroplane, the "Spirit of St. Joseph". The priest is seen officiating at a funeral in an outlying mission, then holding a service for his largely Spanish-American congregation at his main mission, St. Joseph's, in the village of Mosquero. He goes to the aid of a little girl being bullied by a playmate, Pedro; his hobbies - raising canaries, shooting and hunting - are detailed; finally he flies to the aid of a mother and her sick baby in an isolated farm, ferrying them to hospital.

Kubrick's second short, made with the sponsorship of RKO after they had bought Day of the Fight, is by far the more conventional of the two. Not that Kubrick is invisible in the film, merely that the film-maker-to-be so startlingly asserted in Day of the Fight seems here to have contracted himself into an uncongenial corner. This is the documentary tribute of the almost unwatchably naive, rose-tinted Look at Life variety, treating the good reverend's every activity-including shooting and hunting and raising canaries for profit - as if they would earn him merit badges in some celestial scout movement. The quaintness and artificiality seem at times more than the inexperienced director can contain: witness the weird tableau of the priest wagging his finger at the pertly penitent Pedro. Things to come, however, are undeniably signalled in the mise-en-scene: the almost impossible-seeming low-angle of the priest in his plane (see front cover), turning the cockpit into an indefinable space, some mysterious temple; the Eisensteinian close-ups of peasant faces round the funeral in the desert. And if the subject of Day of the Fight is a slight pretext for its mood of doom and determinism, then the artificiality here, in a perverse way, is grist to a developing narrative instinct. There is the two-day time structure and the coyly contrived emergency at the end, in which the 'suspenseful' orchestration of detail-baby crying/the plane being readied for flight; mother scanning the skies for salvation/the plane looking down on her farm in the middle of nowhere-testifies to a boldness, clarity and even dialectical sense of spectacle.

I found your avatar where came from !:D
This site,light?
http://www.catholicgoldenage.org/

Is he minister?
I don't know about catholic well.:huh: (because I'm buddhist)

BTW your this reply thread is too long.
I got a little. :crazy:

Last edited:
Flaming Friar Sr said:
i understand, when kids are involved the separated parents should still see each other of course. do you see your nephew and niece a lot?

Yes.My sis lives in near my house.
Kids loves me too!
When come to my house,they hug me!:hug: (usually japanese do not hug)

Bono=Saint said:
I found your avatar where came from !:D
This site,light?
http://www.catholicgoldenage.org/

:wink: :wink: :wink: yessss

Bono=Saint said:
Is he minister?
I don't know about catholic well.:huh: (because I'm buddhist)

i believe he's a bishop, since he's called monsignieur (i might be wrong though)

Bono=Saint said:
BTW your this reply thread is too long.
I got a little. :crazy:

ah well :)
the long part after 'from the british film institute:' is just an explanation from the film i found on someone's website. you could just skip it.

but you didn't answer my 2 questions in the two separate threads that came after the long thread. :angry:
didnt you notice them? :sexywink:

ah but you just did answer these questions (miscommunication, we're both online :) )

well, i know your name because i read your journal here. one of the parts (written in japanese) had written akiko under it. i figured that should be your name :wink:

btw kinda boring that japanese don't hug :|

Flaming Friar Sr said:
btw kinda boring that japanese don't hug :|

I do not never hug to my friend each other.(ofcause no kissing!)
When a greeting,we just say hi.(ofcause when a leaving ,we just say bye!)
Cause we do not over action in the precence of the people.
Yeah,quite boring! :shrug:

Last edited:
Flaming Friar Sr said:
well, i know your name because i read your journal here. one of the parts (written in japanese) had written akiko under it. i figured that should be your name :wink:

I don't like my name.
Cause my ex-boyfriend(an Australian) called my name "a-key-ko".
Sounds like one key ko?:grumpy:
My name mean is "sunny child" in japanese.(in kanji)
Aki=sunny Ko=child
Our country have three character.(hiragana,katakana,kanji)
Hiragana,Katakana is very easy.(like abc..)
But Kanji is really difficult.(usually other country people give up learning.Except chinese)
Kanji came from China long time ago.
My name's chracter(kanji) is easy.

If you are interest in Japanese character,please visit this site:http://www.kanjisite.com/

Well you can call me "Aki"!:sexywink:
Recently Bono=Saint is a little boring.:shrug:

Last edited:
Bono=Saint said:

I don't like my name.
Cause my ex-boyfriend(an Australian) called my name "a-key-ko".
Sounds like one key ko?:grumpy:
My name mean is "sunny child" in japanese.(in kanji)
Aki=sunny Ko=child
Our country have three character.(hiragana,katakana,kanji)
Hiragana,Katakana is very easy.(like abc..)
But Kanji is really difficult.(usually other country people give up learning.Except chinese)
Kanji came from China long time ago.
My name's chracter(kanji) is easy.

If you are interest in Japanese character,please visit this site:http://www.kanjisite.com/

Well you can call me "Aki"!:sexywink:
Recently Bono=Saint is a little boring.:shrug:

i think your full name is also very nice, but i will gladly call you by the short version:

hi aki :wave: my name is lars

my name doesnt mean anything i believe. its originally a swedish name actually.

Hi lars!
You know what I love your user name.
But there is another flaming here.
So lars is good to me!

PS:My name is typical japanese name actually.:sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom