PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2002 WORLD CUP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I know that is still early, but based on what you have seen on the qualifying rounds, who would you say are the main candidates to win the World Cup in Korea / Japan?.

Please, be realistic... I won't believe any posts saying that San Marino or Venezuela have a great chance...

I think that our team, Argentina, has a pretty good chance. Without a doubt, we are the best Latin American team at the moment and even managed to beat Italy in Rome for the first time ever last month...

Thoughts?

Well, since our country (Holland) is doing pretty bad right now and will have some severe difficulties to qualify (but they always have that) I don't think their chances are high (though I hope so).
I hate the French team, so I won't mention them as a candidate.
England simply isn't good enough.
Germany is way too old.
Spain always sucks on big tournaments
Japan and Korea may have a home advantage, but a bit of quality would also be nice sometimes....
So my main candidates are :(in alphabetical order)
Argentina
Brazil
Italy
Portugal

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

[This message has been edited by Vorsprung (edited 03-14-2001).]

Vorsprung, judging by qualification so far, portugal wont even make it to the WC .... and sorry, but,holland will only make the play offs (you were very lucky to get that point against us, and we have a secret weapon, David Connolly, learning your secrets over in Feyenoord
smile.gif
) .... the team that will win the group and the World Cup are, without doubt, the Republic of Ireland, i just cant wait to see the day when Roy "all credit to the lads" Keane will hold aloft the trophy in Tokyo.................ok, i'll take my medication now
smile.gif

I think so far Argentina, Portugal and Turkey are playing better thann the rest.

you can't count out Brazil, France, Italy and Holland.

and Spain? just like Mexico they go to second rounds just to loose in penalty kicks against Hong Kong, Somalia or Afghanistan.
eek.gif

------------------
..oh child is not the last night on earth is pop life in Mexico, is not the last night on earth, darling don't you let me go, Mexico Mexico Mexico City how did you get so High?

the only thing Connolly is learning at Feyenoord is what a bench feels like

although Holland have been really week so far I'm still confident they will make it
at least most of the players who've been missing because of injuries in the first couple of group matches are back

the only European team that has a chance of winning the world cup is France (though I agree with Vorsprung that it's difficult to like them)

probably Brasil or Argentina

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Vamos vamos Argentina
vamos vamos a ganaaaaar
que esta barra quilomberaaaa
no te deja, no te deja de alentaaar.

(sorry, couldn't help it)
smile.gif

Hey!!! Don't underestimate David Connolly, just because he's small, useless, untalented, possibly the worst striker ever to pull on an irish jersey...........hang on, where's my argument going?
smile.gif
he did finish top scorer with Excelsior though, didnt he?

Holland always sucks in qualifying-rounds. Ireland won't make it because (just like Scotland) it's only muscle and no brains with them.

Holland WILL qualify and will make it through to the final or be kicked out during the semi-finale.

------------------
"To be is to do" -Socrates

"To do is to be" -Sartre

"Do be do be do" -Sinatra

Back
Top Bottom