Is "Irish" a language?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irishteen said:
My Irish teacher was pissed in class yesterday, and told us to make a sentence with the word "pissing" in it. Somebody said this in Irish "I saw Bono pissing in the Liffey"

:lmao:

And how would one say that particular phrase? :wink:

aislinn said:

:lmao:

And how would one say that particular phrase? :wink:

Don't have my Irish copy with me but it is something like this

Chonaic Me Bono ag mun sa na Life

And if you people want a better translation then you can, bain as

As means off, and Bain means the same as mun

:wink:

I watched Million dollar baby yesterday but the dvd was in troubles so I just could see the first half of the movie...

What is the meaning of Mo Cuishle (don't know if I spell it the right way)?

pepokiss said:
En, To, Tre, Fjàorten!!! :rockon:

I was just about to ask if this really was Gaelic, it looked more like Norwegian to me... Then I saw that someone had responded to it already... I studied English for a year at university, and we read about the developement of the languages and Old English is not that far off from Swedish actually, so... I thought gaelic could be pretty close too... apparently not then. Can I just ask then, how do you say "I love you" in Gaelic?

JezSnape said:

I was just about to ask if this really was Gaelic, it looked more like Norwegian to me... Then I saw that someone had responded to it already... I studied English for a year at university, and we read about the developement of the languages and Old English is not that far off from Swedish actually, so... I thought gaelic could be pretty close too... apparently not then. Can I just ask then, how do you say "I love you" in Gaelic?

I'm not actually sure how to saw I love you in Gaelic but Is grá liom Kate , would mean I love Kate, but I'm not sure if Is grá liom tusa would mean I love you

But I should add I'm a teenager who is nearly failing Gaelic, so maybe I ain't the best person to answer that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom