Imola cancelled????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ali

Babyface
Here's what I read...in the U2tours.com mailing list and my reply. Anyone has any news?????

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:56:09 +0200
Subject: Imola Date cancelled?!?!?

Hi all,
I report you the same words, the man at the boxoffice of the Virgin Megastore in Milan told me Yesterday when I asked him about tickets for U2 show at Imola scheduled for 21/07 "...I'm sorry but tickets are not available because the show has been suspended and possibly cancelled due to security problems....." ?!?!?!? Anybody has news about this date??? (I won't be surprised if the date is really cancelled and U2 decide to play somewhere else, I remember Popmart in Reggio Emilia and believe me it was really CROWDY!!)

U2ingly yours
Mitch

Hi!
I hope this is not true but a musical journalist friend of mine mentioned about a month ago that there might be problems for the Imola show.
The main reason is that U2 wanted Fran Tomasi (a former big Italian promoter and U2 friend) to organize the show. Unfortunately Mr. Tomasi has now retired and been out of this business for a while and,as my journalist friend said, he probably doesn't have the necessary "liasons" to set up such a big event.
If you remember, back in 1992 there was a big discussion whether to allow the Zooropa gig in the Assago Forum (in Milan) when all tickets had already been sold and about 1 month before the concert they said yes....
I guess this is how it will end this time.
I just wonder why they didn't choose 4 or 4 smaller arena around Italy as they did in the rest of Europe.
The man in Virgin Megasore is usually very reliable though...
Why is Italy like this.....??????

Ciao

@li

------------------
Cry without weeping, talk without speaking

eek.gif

What a shame!!!!!!!!!!

Imola cancelled??????

What a shame!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif