Foreign languages you speak/learnt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
orsi said:
I studied italian for a year and I really liked it, but now I don't have time. I speak hungarian, slovak [so I understand czech], english and german.

I would like to study italian but I have no time either.
The lessions starts before my real lessions in school ends, so I can't go there ^^ But next year I'll maybe have italian in school. ;D

Idun said:

haha yeah I know I shouldn't be so shy cus I would really like to learn more how to talk the language and so on.

yeah I like it :D It's much more beautiful than the swedish!

but "i love you" in Swedish sounds really cool!! and I like the national hymn (sp?)

Oh, and btw, Orsi in Italian means "bears" :wink:

orsi said:
That's great! I have no chance to studz italian next year becouse of the school-leaving exams. :(

yeah I'm happy I can change to italian cuz french was too hard for me! I can understand nothing ahaha, but both italian and french is beautiful languages :)

naahh okeey.. :( but maybe you could go and study it anyway on the university, maybe they have italian lessions there :) or is it the university you mean you're leaving? eheh

I feel so boring...i have been learning french and latin at school. And to be honest my french is laughable. So rock on all you bilingual people!

lady luck said:

but "i love you" in Swedish sounds really cool!! and I like the national hymn (sp?)

Oh, and btw, Orsi in Italian means "bears" :wink:

haha "Jag älskar dig" haha XD I think it sounds ugly.. I think swedish is an ugly language haha.. =P Like "Gaffel" or "spade".. it sounds very stange anyway! ^^ :D

I don't think I can study italian now on that "gymnasium" I will go to :( (gymnasium is the school in sweden when you are 16-19) If I want language I need to choose between spanish, french or german, but if I choose french again I will have national test in it, and that would not be fun!!! so I think I will skip the languages now, and take something else like.. yoga ;D

Idun said:

haha yeah I know I shouldn't be so shy cus I would really like to learn more how to talk the language and so on.

yeah I like it :D It's much more beautiful than the swedish!

:lol: Love, any language sounds better than Swedish (with maybe a few exceptions...)

Hej, förresten :wave:

I speak dutch(because i'm dutch), and I read, write and speak English and german.

Last edited:
My native language is Slovak, I've been learning english for 10 years, so I can speak english quite well... then I speak aslo German, little bit worse than english and I was also learning Spanish but learning grammar was difficult to me so I gave it up, and I understand Polish, Czech and other Slavic languages,

Spanish, I've been learning english for 2 years....My english is not very good.... but I hope to learn in a future...:D

Laney_82 said:
My mother tonge is Spanish. I can speak, read and write English and I understand Italian

You also know a bit of french :flirt:

I'm french and learnt english at a very young age.

I'm native german. I can speak english ( learning for 10 yrs), french ( learning for 7 yrs), italian ( 1 year) and I think I can understand a bit spanish...

My mother tongue is Hungarian and I can speak, write and read in Romanian ( learned 12 years), English (8 years), French (7 years)
I learned by my own Italian and Spanish... currently learning Portuguese. :)

MullenGirl said:
My mother tongue is Hungarian and I can speak, write and read in Romanian ( learned 12 years), English (8 years), French (7 years)
I learned by my own Italian and Spanish... currently learning Portuguese. :)

I wish I could speak all of those! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom