buona Befana!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going to Venice, Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Rome. Any day trips out of Florence that are interesting also? Another thing is I have a friend who really wants to go to Positano and maybe Capri. Is this possible as a day trip from Rome (on a bus or train) or do you have to sleep there overnight? Positano is really expensive so I don't feel like paying for a hotel there. Is the Amalfi coast a must-see or will we be equally as happy just spending a few days in Cinque Terre?

Thanks!

Amalfi is amazing... a breathtaking view, really.
Rome and Napoli are more or less 1 hour and a half by train (ragazzi, qualcuno conferma???) so you shouldn't have problems to go there just for one day.

What a pity you're skipping my Milan... :(

I'll try and have a look to something in the Florence area, because I do not know it so well...

Actually we'll be in Milan for a day - we arrive there at 8 am and have to catch a train to Florence around 6 PM so we have a bit of time - my friend wants to see the Duomo. Anything else you would recommend in Milan?

well I think you'll arrive by train to cadorna station, so I think you would enjoy a walk down to the castle (where it's shown the 'pietà rondanini' by Michelangelo, the first masterpiece of modern art) and step towards the duomo which is very near and go shopping in the area behind the plaza
(corso vittorio emanuele)...
I would consider also to eat a 'panzerotto' from Luini (i don't know how to describe what a panzerotto is...but it's soo damn good!!)
Then there are also meny other things to see in milan, like the poldi pezzoli museum and overall 'the last supper" from leonardo da vinci...
but it does requires much more time...
I hope I've been useful and...hope also you'll visit milan with more calm next time around!
:wink: :yes: :)
Enjoy your holidays!!!!!

ciao
Tom

as regards the area close to Firenze/Florence:

An afternoon trip to Siena could be a VERY good idea: it's a wonderful Medieval town but I am not sure about how lonh it takes to get there.
Anyway, I think that just taking a car and have a trip on the hills and in the county could be wonderful.

AND DON'T FOGET TO HAVE A LOT OF GELATO!!!!

Pisa is another cool place.. with the tower and the battistero...

And Tuscany is the region of the wonderful wine called Chianti :drool: :drool: :drool:

anitram said:
Actually we'll be in Milan for a day - we arrive there at 8 am and have to catch a train to Florence around 6 PM so we have a bit of time - my friend wants to see the Duomo. Anything else you would recommend in Milan?

Sant'Ambrogio area (there's a stop on the green underground with this name)

And for the nightlife you can chose between chic Brera (you can reach it at the Lanza station - also on the green underground) or the Navigli: tons of pubs and nice place to have a drink and a relaxed evening.

==========

it seems I am posting too much about this (sorry, but I love to give little news to the people who come to my contry :wink: ) -- e-mail me if you want ladyluck3819@yahoo.it

eccomi....grazie x gli auguri!!!!!

...se sono quì è merito di una soffiata che ho avuto da una certa babyu2...qualcuno la conosce???:eyebrow:

:lmao: :lmao:

tra l'altro... forse sarebbe il caso di aprire un nuovo thread visto che a fine marzo stiamo ancora scrivendo sotto "buona befana" :lol:

già già....
che dite di farne uno "Buona Pasqua"????
ehehehe!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
no cmq l'eclissa me la sono persa...
peccato...
e in più visto che non sono neanche un premium member (che sarò? un secundium member? un terzium member?) non posso nemmanco vedere le tue foto lediluc...peccato...
vabbè ciao a tutti!
Tom

me la dimentico sempre sta cosa..
aspetta che riposto.

11.35.jpg

così la vedi?

anche io purtroppo mi sono persa l'eclisse...
invece di aprire un nuovo topic non si può modificare solo il titolo?:wink:

ohè grazie mille per l'immagine, spettacolosa davvero!! poi si vedono tutte le macchie solari pure, le "lentiggini" della nostra stella...
per aprire un nuovo topic invece che ne dici di chiamarlo: "io ci parlo l'itagliano?"
dai dai dai!!!
oh vi dò tempo fino a domani a mezzogiorno, poi se nessuno s'indigna e/o raccoglie petizioni per non farlo...beh io lo aprirò, cascasse una pannocchia dal cielo! :wink:
ehehe! dai ora vi saluto,
buona giornata a tutti!
Tom

strano avvistamento sul cielo milanés. Una misteriosa pannocchia è stata vista precipitare al suolo, proprio a pochi passi da un giovane ragazzo conosciuto col nick di tommyvill

uccacchio che peccato mi sono lasciato scadere così il mio terribile ultimatum sotto il naso...vabbè sarà per un altra volta...
ora apro il thread "stanza italiana...la porta è aperta!" :wink:
ciao!

Back
Top Bottom