Brasilian Mum's Are Special...Oi follower, I'm feliz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
the Ano Novo is only one week old. Memories remain.
perhaps this belongs in a private message, but I wanted to express it here also( sicy started a new year's eve pic thread, so hopefully this is ok...i'm still unsure of the rules/etiquette of Interference)
My mother had kept some newspaper cuttings for me, to let me know the fate of my old church St John's. It has has been decided, it will be deconsecrated next week:sad:
On the opposite side of the page, the front page of course!!, were these pictures taken on New Year's Eve in the town where my dad was born, just the other end of the beach from where he lives now:heart:
Some people love the place , some people do not. It is so full of diversity, I personally think it is great.
I scanned this pic yesterday and had to give it a file name.I called it "brasilianMumsRspecial" because I was thinking of you:hug:
Later in the day I went to our local store and asked for my mail

What a beautiful surprise :yes: You are an:angel:.......(or a saint...I know the second miracle)Your words have always given me hope and a sense of being cared for...I'm eternally grateful.
I will write to you very soon, but I wanted to express this here also.
Obrigado

Attachments

• brasilianmum'srspecial.jpg
    brasilianmum'srspecial.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
woops , I had to edit for typos

Attachments

• brasilviabyron.jpg
    brasilviabyron.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 61
woops, I forgot to resize

I put the Cd on straight away...an lo and behold, another woman whom I love dearly arrived for a visit on her way home from work...she is another very special:angel: woman , imho. So i haven't listened to the CD properly. When the time arrives I will listen to it with head phones. One song caught my ear- "Ponta de Areia"( it's all about drums).
I am going to the library today to see if I can find the rules for bocce ( the boys were given a set as a Christmas present) so I'll also look for a Portugese phrase book.
Can you tell me what happened to Elis?My first son was born in 1982, why was her life curtailed?

That son gave me THE most beautiful book( in the same store I found "race of angels" (beautiful books, heavily discounted...wonderful!!) It is Christy Moore's autobiography....he is so special imho, I am learning a lot from him. Theer are sections that are relevant to U2 and Nelson Mandela...I'll post them later when time allows.
Oi follower, I had the nicest dream last night. Only the 3rd U2 dream I've had in my life. Bono and Edge drove me and 2 dear freinds to a U2 concert at the Town hall where I was born. Edge was driving so I felt very safe...it was wonderful, I woke up at 3 am and could recall every detail...I sure feel warm and fuzzy today:yes: I think you helped bring them to me.
Obrigado, from the bottom of my heart
I:heart: U2

Attachments

• elis.jpg
    elis.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 50
:wave: Hi salome ;)

cass,

What should I say?...You?re such a special person...I bet you already know that, don?t you?

I?m so glad you liked the CD I sent you dear friend. Elis Regina, or simply Elis, as she was known during her last years, is my all time fave female singer. She used to sing her heart out...that was the only way she was able to sing, in fact. I love her. She had some special friends who used to write songs only for her to perform. One of my all time faves is there on the CD I sent you...As Apar?ncias Enganam. Another gems are O B?bado e a Equilibrista, Maria Maria and F? Cega Faca Amolada. I think you have them all now. It?s a pity that her biggest hit, ?guas de Mar?o, it?s not in that one. I definitely recommend that one.

Unfortunetaly she was another victim of a deadly combination...depression and drug addiction. Next Jan 19th will be 21 years of her death.

I found this link...the info about her is correct, for what I know. This is for you too Salome ;)

http://www.caravanmusic.com/Articles/ReginaE_StLouis.htm

Now for the pictures you posted...many people can feel scandalised of seeing a mother dressed like that, LOL...but during Carnival here it?s pretty common. Those women are usually great dancers...something I?m not, LOL. Maybe you can come some day to see Carnival, I bet you would love it.

Thank you for you friendship...and forgive me for taking so long to reply, I?ve been busy these days.

:love:

Last edited:
thnaks for the information follower

January 19. 2003 is the day they are deconsecrating my old church St John the Baptist. It has been a church for 105 years, I'm sorry to see it go.I was christened in the catholic church around the corner, but I loved my Sunday school/scripture teacher very very dearly and followed her to the Anglican church. I think I'll go to the service, so I'll spare a thought for Elis on that day.
The friend who visited when I was first playing your CD tells me there is a new samba school near here...hmmmmmmmmm. I don't think I'm fit enough, but I may go and check it out. Hub told me yesterday ( I would imagine depending on what happens in Iraq/Korea in the next little while) he may get to go to LA for training for his job. Boy do I have all my fingers and toes crossed on that one. That's not tooooooo far from you? well a lot closer than here anyway. A great new TV documentary series started yesterday "From the Andes to the Amazon" maginificent, superb, bravo. They reminded us of Gondwanaland, and how our countries were once joined( you have 80 species of marsupial). No wonder we get along........oh and U2 of course!!!

Salome...world music? sometimes the world seems so big to me, and sometimes so small. But one thing, it is wonderfully diverse and I am so glad, perhaps, just in the nick of time, musicologist have preserved the wonderful music each culture makes. It is a big genre, HUGE!!! A friend loaned me a 4 CD set called "Global Voices", very diverse. From that I taped a Norwegian folk tune, Bibayak Pygmies,Tibetan chanting, Australian aboriginal songs, a Brasilian Diety festival , Inca Sun God festival and a Moroccan Healing Chant ( that one gives me goosebumps).I can't really recommend a place for you to begin.
World Music is one of the modules that is taught at the college where my husband works ( they are on a loooooooong summer break at the moment) When he goes back and the opportunity arises, I will ask the man who teaches that, for a few addresses. I think they just do a lot of djembe playing basically and chanting...big kids!! a lot of fun!!
Good luck to you
PS: I saw Watson clean bowl..hmm some English batsman in the one dayer in Hobart yesterday...home crowd, happy young man.
And my 14 year old "emu chick" friend, played in a men's one dayer against a visiting New Zealand team a couple of days ago. He saved the day with his offspinners 4/30...well almost , they lost by 3 runs.In the newspaper they called him "star of the future" I hope so.
end of cass rave:yes:
PEACE :wave:

Back
Top Bottom