BELANGRIJK; wel'ns zo'n buut'nlander sien???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sula en ik nemen de trein van 10:48 in Zwolle waar we als het goed is Rono ontmoeten, en dan stapt Vorsprung in Amersfoort
bij ons in en dan zijn we er met z'n 4-en om 11:57 in A'dam.

Nu maar hopen dat iedereen elkaar herkent anders kan het nog lang duren :lol:

Matthieu

SULAAAAA!!! I miss you!!! Youz guys will you PLEEEEASE give her a big hug for me...???? Y'all better treat her good! Give her fluffy pillows and stuff! :dance:

Girl I'm on page 47 of my europe book!!! :huh: haven't picked it up in a few weeks actually...I"M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

Don't smoke too much weed, girl!!! :sexywink: I totally wanna visit one of those cafes someday! :mac:

DR Teeth save me a room in a year or so when i actuallly get out there....The Netherlands is one of my #1 places i wanna see....;)

:heart: tiff

Sula has arrived and says hi!! Zal ik jullie mijn mobiele
telefoonnr. pm-en en dan komt het allemaal goed. Anders nog specifieke herkenningspunten iemand? Erg grote neus of oranje overall?

Dee said:
Nice....er zijn dus toch nog redelijk wat 'Dutchies' hier...

Worden dit soort bijeenkomsten vaker georganiseerd door Nederlandse Interferers?

Thanx, Dee.

Dit is de eerste keer, dus wie weet.

hey popmartijn...what is up with the not receiving PM thingy??? btw, we are all trying to exchange mobile phone numbers so we can be sure to actually meet up tomorrow. But since you can't receive PMs, we did not get your number. so. find us! ;) actually, it should be ok...if you know what I look like, then you should be able to look for the girl like me with either one or two or three or four dutch guys. cool? cya.

oh and if anyone wants to....after the zoo, i think that DrTeeth and I are going to indulge my desire to see some art and go to a museum, Rembrant or Van Gogh or something. :D

-sula

sulawesigirl4 said:
hey popmartijn...what is up with the not receiving PM thingy??? btw, we are all trying to exchange mobile phone numbers so we can be sure to actually meet up tomorrow. But since you can't receive PMs, we did not get your number. so. find us! ;) actually, it should be ok...if you know what I look like, then you should be able to look for the girl like me with either one or two or three or four dutch guys. cool? cya.

oh and if anyone wants to....after the zoo, i think that DrTeeth and I are going to indulge my desire to see some art and go to a museum, Rembrant or Van Gogh or something. :D

-sula

Hello Sula,

Luckily you found me here as I was just checking for some last messages about tomorrow. Indeed, I don't have PM set on for my account as I've never used it before (and needed/wanted to use it). Anyway, you can always email me at my hotmail account (the part before the @ is the same as my nick here).
Anyway, as long as I'm there on time I'm sure you can all find me (and I can find you),

Now go to bed and get some sleep!

C ya!

Marty (who's going to see if he can put his PM-thingie on...)

Hallo,

Zo, ik ben weer thuis. Al anderhalf uur eigenlijk, maar ik heb ondertussen al wel een (kort?) verslag geschreven van de dag. Ik zal het zodadelijk hier 'posten' en ook in the Gatherings forum. Waar hoort het eigenlijk thuis (omdat anderen het misschien ook willen lezen die niet het niet-Engelse forum bezoeken)?
Anyweg, het komt er zo aan.

Het was trouwens ook echt een leuke dag. Ik heb heel erg genoten, maar ik vermoed dat ik niet de enige was.

Groeten,

Martijn (die maar eens een keertje niet vroeg zijn bed uitkomt voor Formule 1 omdat hij erg hard veel slaap nodig heeft)

OK, hier is mijn verslaggie (beetje lang, maar ja het was ook wel een leuke en lange dag)

Hello,

I just got back from the Dutch Interference meeting in Amsterdam. It was really great! As sulawesigirl is visiting the Netherlands this week (and staying at DrTeeth's) we wanted to have some get-together, meeting other Interferencers etc. Coincidentally, this was also the first get-together of Dutch Interferencers. Over the past few weeks we made some plans and looked who would be there and in the end Salome, Vorsprung, Rono, DrTeeth, Sulawesigirl and yours truly said they would meet at Amsterdam's Central Station. And you know what? Everybody came!

We had agreed to meet at the Central Station at noon. Sula, DrTeeth, Rono and Vorsprung would meet eachother in the train, while Salome (who was accompanied by his girlfriend; to watch over him?) and I would be at the station. Meeting was easy (hey, the Netherlands is a small country after all!) and so we went into the city. The plan was to go to the Artis zoo. This way we could have some fun while meeting and knowing each other. It would certainly give Sula the opportunity to see a little bit of Amsterdam instead of sitting in a bar all day. However, when we found some spot for drinking some coffee and tea (it was still very early for some, it's weekend after all) it appeared that there was also a proposition to do something culturally challinging: visit a museum. I mean, the Netherlands is getting ready for winter and it was quite cold outside. Maybe many animals don't mind, but given a choice we'd rather go somewhere inside. Either the Van Gogh museum or the Rijksmuseum (which is something like the Dutch national museum) would be honored with a visit by Interferencers. In the end we decided upon the Rijksmuseum. It has a more diverse collection and still many highlights (like many paintings by Rembrandt (Nightwatch, etc.) and Vermeer (Kitchen Maid, etc.). It was really great (and it was a lot more comfortable than the cold outside!), seeing some historical paintings, sniffing some culture and just chatting. We didn't stay in the museum for too long as Amsterdam has many more things to offer for tourists. :p

So, yes, we went into some pub for a late lunch. And the late lunch grew a bit more (with some more drinks). And time passed by (with some more drinks). We finally got to meet the persons on the other side of the alias. As I said before, the Dutch Interferencers had never really met before (last year there was an attempt, but I think not too many came (I didn't)) so this was an opportunity for some bonding (group hug everyone!).

Eventually, we left the pub to have a walk around the city centre (as Amsterdam is quite a beautiful city). Unfortunately, it was getting a bit late and Rono and Vorsprung had to leave a bit early (as they had a long train journey in front of them). So that made only five of us left. The whole day long Sula had walked in Amsterdam amazed by the sight of so many Indonesian restaurants. She just had to go into one of those (as there aren't that many of them in the USA or in many other countries). Who are we to deny her that? Not that we (or at least I) protested as it is really nice. The Dutch may take Indonesian food for granted most of the time, it's still very tasty (and spicy!). Anyway, in the restaurant Sula became the one to know all the ins and outs as she was the only one to understand and speak Indonesian (the Dutch might eat the food, but most of them do not know the languange). During the day she might have had some trouble with the Dutch language (words like 'gracht' and 'wegsleepregeling'), but in the restaurant she was the one teaching the Dutch what all the different names for the dishes meant. Needless to say that the dinner was wonderful.

And this brings us to the sad part, the goodbye. Salome and his girlfriend had to leave to catch a train to the south and DrTeeth and Sula had to catch a train to the east. However, it has been a beautiful day (bad pun maybe, but oh so true). It definately deserves continuation somewhere in the future. We may be a weird bunch, but we certainly can arrange a nice get-together.

C ya!

Martijn

....and thanks to sula i have seen the Nachtwacht.

I found it a very relaxed day without the pressure to make fun because we need to have fun. It is great to meet the people behind the nicknames and i thank you all for the nice day.

See you,.....

BTW, Sula, do not forget to go to the Hard Rock Cafe in Berlin. There is a achtung baby trabi waiting to be captured on film.

Last edited:
Ofcourse not,...what is so special about a pot bar ? Even in a North dutch town as Sappemeer we have two pot bars,....

Sicy said:
Did you go to any pot bars? :wave:

Sicy,

Lesson one of Dutch society: they are called coffee shops. :) Oh, don't expect to get much coffee in there, but the name is clear enough to stand out.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Enne, DrTeeth, kan Sula een beetje koken? :yuck:

har har

DrTeeth said:
No, did you do any pre-emptive striking while we were out? :wave:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

And excuse me.. but I happen to think its cool that you have these "coffee shops" there since there are none anywhere else in the world.

nevermind then.. bye. :rolleyes:

Don't get your knickers in a twist...

:lol: I was just making fun of the stereotypes, you don't have to go to Amsterdam to smoke pot. I could do that almost everywhere around here. :wave: Even though I don't...

I dont wear knickers

DrTeeth said:
you don't have to go to Amsterdam to smoke pot. I could do that almost everywhere around here.

I was specifically talking about the places you could go in and order/buy/eat it legally. Is that not available in Amsterdam? Are they not well known for that? I know you can smoke it anywhere...

Re: I dont wear knickers

Sicy said:

I was specifically talking about the places you could go in and order/buy/eat it legally. Is that not available in Amsterdam? Are they not well known for that? I know you can smoke it anywhere...

Yes, that is available in Amsterdam. But it's also available in Tietjerkstradeel (try to pronounce that! :p) or almost every other city or small village in Amsterdam. Or Zwolle for that part...

C ya!

Marty (who hasn't smoke pot ever before)

P.S. You don't wear what!? :eek:

SK-A-4.org.jpg

De bedreigde zwaan. Jan asselijn.

De letters die er op staan zijn er later opgeschilderd. De raadspensionaris is johan de Witt en de vijand is England.

Mooie site trouwens , www.rijksmuseum.nl

And no, we will not ship pot to the USA. Believe it or not, we can be arrested on Dutch soil for selling pot to Americans. If i did sell to sula, America can ask for me to put in court in America.

Last edited:
i almost fell off my chair

that's hilarious, Rono! Did you ever figure out the story behind it? who is the enemy?

Hey sula,....the enemy is England and the swan is Johan the Witt. The text is put on later. Not by the painter.

interesting! it makes more sense now. why the heck would someone mess up a painting by adding words to it. :huh: oh well.

O, have a nice trip :D to Berlin tonight. :wave:

I don`t know if you are intrested in the history of Berlin but if you are, you can visit the soviet momerial ( sowjetisches ehrenmal ) Real communist propaganda to remember the killed rusians in WWII.

thanks, Rono. :) hopefully I will get some good sleep on the train too so I can be awake for my busy day. morning in Berlin, afternoon in Prague, and heading to Vienna the day after that. :combust:

Vorsprung and I are gonna hang out for a couple of hours in Hengelo before I catch the train. :up:

Back
Top Bottom