It's Official: It's could NOT care less

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm quite partial to people saying they want to insure that something gets done. I also run into people with reoccuring issues at work a lot.

I mean, it's rediculous. For all intensive purposes, I could of just insured that they got a proper smack upside there head, but decided that it might effect they're thinking skills some more and become a reoccuring theme.

I offer the previous paragraph as a gift to my fellow grammatically-inclined friends. :D

Nah, I disagree with the last bit, NSW. Your brain is clearly ticking away at capacity. :up: Some people come across as thick, and obviously are. Others may type like they speak - on the side of gibberish, or as though they're written it fast (I speak fast), and people can make false assumptions on that. I'm sure people do it with me all the time in FYM for example. I'm not claiming to be brilliant, or even brainy, but I'm not stupid. Stupid would be assuming that I am based on how I write, or how anyone writes. I can contrarily think of a few FYMers who might write well but clearly scab all their info on half baked sites like wikipedia and them get radiation sickness from the glow of the ensuing praise. It makes me want to barf hairballs, but what do you do?
:shrug:

See, this post clearly illustrates my point -- in my head, anyway :D It most likely makes bugger all sense to anyone trying to read it.
:lol:

Angela Harlem said:
Nah, I disagree with the last bit, NSW. Your brain is clearly ticking away at capacity. :up: Some people come across as thick, and obviously are. Others may type like they speak - on the side of gibberish, or as though they're written it fast (I speak fast), and people can make false assumptions on that. I'm sure people do it with me all the time in FYM for example. I'm not claiming to be brilliant, or even brainy, but I'm not stupid. Stupid would be assuming that I am based on how I write, or how anyone writes. I can contrarily think of a few FYMers who might write well but clearly scab all their info on half baked sites like wikipedia and them get radiation sickness from the glow of the ensuing praise. It makes me want to barf hairballs, but what do you do?
:shrug:

See, this post clearly illustrates my point -- in my head, anyway :D It most likely makes bugger all sense to anyone trying to read it.

It makes clear sense. I think that my thoughts on some aspects/posters in FYM is on record on this site. :) Anyone can regurgitate. Flowing with things and thinking on your feet, knowing how to bob and weave within an argument, actually listening, etc, is a lot more impressive than memorizing what Limbaugh or the NY Times said that day.

Angela, you're obviously bright, even an idiot like me can discern this. :)

Diemen pwned us all with his last post, though. Crystallizing everything with an economy of words. Damn you Diemen, damn you and your piano playing ways.

My dad is probably the most vigilant person in the world when it comes to picking apart other peoples' grammatical errors. Some of it has rubbed off on me, but I realize how annoying my dad can be when he does that and have learned to let a lot of stuff slide. Until threads like these. :wink:

No spoken words said:
Flowing with things and thinking on your feet, knowing how to bob and weave within an argument, actually listening, etc, is a lot more impressive than memorizing what Limbaugh or the NY Times said that day.

Well said. Not that I claim to be all that flexible a debater, but I like where you're coming from. And completely understand why you steer clear of FYM for the most part.

Damn you Diemen, damn you and your piano playing ways.

Heh. Posts in the key of D. hey that has a nice ring to it... if I was an egotistical ass I might consider sigging it. :wink:

That reminds me of Wilco:

"We fell in love In the key of C"

As for the FYM stuff, it's easy to sit back and judge, and sometimes I feel bad for doing so. But I lurk a lot, so, this is not coming from leftfield. I just know that in real life, I feel like I could pick a lot of these people's views apart, regardless of how I actually felt. However, the people I respect in there, like yourself, Angela, Sean, Yolland, Bono's Saint, etc, I would love to actually sit down with and talk. I feel like I'd learn a lot from such a group discussion.

No spoken words said:
That reminds me of Wilco:

"We fell in love In the key of C"

As for the FYM stuff, it's easy to sit back and judge, and sometimes I feel bad for doing so. But I lurk a lot, so, this is not coming from leftfield. I just know that in real life, I feel like I could pick a lot of these people's views apart, regardless of how I actually felt. However, the people I respect in there, like yourself, Angela, Sean, Yolland, Bono's Saint, etc, I would love to actually sit down with and talk. I feel like I'd learn a lot from such a group discussion.

I'm consistently in awe of some of the FYMers analytical thinking skills, and their ability to craft a convincing argument while remaining open to the other side(s) of the argument. Especially yolland, though I also find myself really drawn to Sean's thoughtful style. I only wish I could be as patient and well-thought out as they are.

One thing is certain though, it would definitely be one hell of a discussion if we were able to get a bunch of the FYMers together in person. Not all of them, though. :wink:

a night on the cans with the fym people would be either hilarious, or dangerously overdosing on bitching :lol: that was nice of you to put me in with the BS ( :drool: ) and yolland types, nsw, but i fear i will never be one of 'them' due to my irrepressible impatience and simmering rage at a good chunk of the remainder..

how did we get onto fym, anyway? was that my fault? :uhoh:

um... let's have a stab at the old apostrophe, guys! its use and misuse is a thread on it's own!
:cute:

Diemen said:

I'm consistently in awe of some of the FYMers analytical thinking skills, and their ability to craft a convincing argument while remaining open to the other side(s) of the argument. Especially yolland, though I also find myself really drawn to Sean's thoughtful style. I only wish I could be as patient and well-thought out as they are.

One thing is certain though, it would definitely be one hell of a discussion if we were able to get a bunch of the FYMers together in person. Not all of them, though. :wink:

Yolland scares me. She scares a lot of people. She's a great combo of intelligence, thoughtfulness and knowledge. She's got it all. G-d bless Sean, yes. He's so fucking honest and so clear about things. But, tolerant of the views of others, and will respectfully listen. Some of the others in there, though, yeah.

Angela Harlem said:
a night on the cans with the fym people would be either hilarious, or dangerously overdosing on bitching :lol: that was nice of you to put me in with the BS ( :drool: ) and yolland types, nsw, but i fear i will never be one of 'them' due to my irrepressible impatience and simmering rage at a good chunk of the remainder..

how did we get onto fym, anyway? was that my fault? :uhoh:

um... let's have a stab at the old apostrophe, guys! its use and misuse is a thread on it's own!
:cute:

You're right, we're veering off course....but one last comment...I put you in the group of FYM'ers I listen to and respect....that does mean that you all bring the same things to the table. I value what you have to offer in there. Simmering rage is something I relate to, but, it's how that rage manifests itself that most interests me, and I like how it does so in your case.

Anyway, um, how about those people that say "too" when they mean "to", huh?? Nutty group of folks, no? :)

For some reason the too/to thing has always gotten under my skin. But then I have to admit for the longest time I didn't pay attention to the its/it's distinction. I know I still slip up on that.

So anyway, him and me were going to the store but when we got their it's lights were all of. And he was all like "this is just to much. Its time to put a stop to this madness."

Someone messed up "its" it's" on this very page. :)

I used to mess that up a lot, as well, to be honest.

I find it interesting when I have a mental block with spelling certain words. I cannot of course name them now, that's how that shit works, but, there are a handful that just do not stick in my head.

Just yesterday when I was doing my addition to the Powerjuice music thread, I looked at the word juice and had to seriously question if I was spelling it right.

:shh:

Well, Powerjuice will do that to you. It'll increase your senses ten-fold, but, you might find a reduction in your ability to work out the simpler things.

By the way, read this:

"Just yesterday when I was doing my addition to the Powerjuice music thread"

That's not something you would utter in real life. For kicks, say that out loud tomorrow to someone you know.

G-d bless interference. :)

Diemen said:
:lol: Well for starters it's a poorly worded sentence. Besides that, I imagine I would get a few :eyebrow: looks.

I'm lucky. I can say Powerjuice at work and some people will at least remember where the term came from. :)

I was thrilled when I saw that someone else was equally annoyed by people saying 'I could care less'. But when the could of mistake was mentioned, my cup of joy nearly runneth over. I teach high school and all I can say is most kids are borderline illiterate. I blame many of these common mistakes on the fact that nobody reads anymore.

I say we leave it as is, and, you never officially reveal if you did it accidentally, or as a little purposely done joke. Historians will puzzle over it for centuries.

It makes perfect, or so I've heard.

Speaking of. I've been playing basketball lately after a couple years hiatus. Holy shit do I suck at free throws. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom