IO -We need an official person to do this;

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
dunce.jpg

Grammar_Time.gif

I'm guilty so I cans posts dis.

Should we add bear/bare?

Ok, bare with me with this thought;

How about having a channel where the NBA games were televised and there was no play by play announcers?
The only thing you would listen to, would be the mic'd players and coaches...even in time outs, the conversations would be heard.
I would pay to see/hear that in a special premium channel in my satellite/cable company.

I'm willing to bear with this mistake this one time.

I'm such a horrible speller. I have my wife pre-edit all the important stuff I write for the paper BEFORE I pass it on to the editor!:D

I had an incredible English teacher Sophomore year in High School who made it her priority to just fucking DRILL DRILL DRILL all of these little things into the heads of her students. Constantly. At the start of every day, before we would go into our discussion of Scarlet Letter or Great Gatsby or what not, she would give us a little quick refresher course on a lot of the most common grammar/spelling mistakes. Every day. And we would have quick quizzes on them every few weeks. So we got a terrific and truly unforgettable (such was her persistence with these things) lesson in avoiding the annoying English language mistakes, and on top of that we also got the typical education in the High School English lit "classics." (We actually read Catcher in the Rye that year, too. Not sure how common that is for Sophomores?)

The things she would burn into our brains were not only the very obvious there/their/they're, you're/your, but also legitimately difficult and common misspellings.

irresistible
definitely
necessary
cemetery
embarrass
privilege
etc. etc.

I guarantee there is not a single kid that took Mrs. Johnson's class that does not know how to spell definitely. Plus, she was funny. That's how that shit should be done. Thank you, Mrs. J.

I was a great speller in high school. But it's been 10 years and I've slipped a bit. More than a bit.

The things she would burn into our brains were not only the very obvious there/their/they're, you're/your, but also legitimately difficult and common misspellings.

irresistible
definitely
necessary
cemetery
embarrass
privilege
etc. etc.

Yep those words make me think before I type.

Back
Top Bottom