IO: Toast is the best food ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
OK people, this is important. Which is better:

Toast from a toaster OR toast from a toaster oven?

You pose a fine question, Beav. I myself have never owned a toaster oven, feeling like they are the double wide house trailer of the culinary world. But to each his own. A toasting device decision is a personal one and should not be made lightly.

I bought some Asiago Peppercorn Sourdough bread today and made a kickass grilled cheese, and I suspect any toast made from this bread will kick just as much ass. I plan to test this theory several times in the next 24 hours.

^MMMM that sounds scrummy good! :drool:

With my tomato soup I made my childhood favorite toasted cheese open faced sandwich:

Piece of bread, lay piece of cheese on bread, place small bit piece of bacon in center of cheese and broil until cheese gets bubble, bread is toasty around edges & bit of bacon is sizzling. Let cool and enjoy! Yumyum!

A piece of bread and then a piece of sandwich cheese like kraft and then sprinkle with alot of sugar and toast is the most greatest thing ever

We have a toaster over. It serves a double purpose, and very well I might add. I generally have toast every morning, at least for the last couple of months. Lightly toasted with butter of course. Lately it's been sourdough :up: French bread would be fine as well.

French toast :drool: The key is to leave the bread out the day before. It needs to harden :shifty: You don't want it to be soggy after it's cooked. They even sell extra thick bread just for making French toast. Must have powdered sugar too. Cinnamon is a bonus. Damn, now I want some :sad:

Oh, and one year, BonosLilPal'94's basketball team name was Burnt Toast :giggle:

Last edited:
*browneyedgirl* said:
A piece of bread and then a piece of sandwich cheese like kraft and then sprinkle with alot of sugar and toast is the most greatest thing ever
Has anybody had this beside me? One of the most greatest thing ever invented? Cheese and sugar and bread and then toasted?

Last edited:
:lol: Some people have waaaaaaay too much time....

Your Name On Toast

457439cc.jpg

Any Lost fans around here? After the first season, somebody sold a piece of toast with the EVIL NUMBERS OF DOOM on it for several thousand dollars on ebay.

losttoastsq9.jpg

*browneyedgirl* said:
Has anybody had this beside me? One of the most greatest thing ever invented? Cheese and sugar and bread and then toasted?
Like a cross between cheese toast and sugar toast? :eyebrow: It doesn't sound that good to me.

Like when people put cheese on apple pie. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom