IO: The UYMFA Gang Lives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodent of Choice?

• Hamster

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Gerbil

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Mouse

• Rat

• Chinchillon

• Lemonhog

• Porcumelon

• Llamamelon

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Lamp :(

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Powerjuice

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
I don't recall Sicy making up the UYMFA thing at all. As far as I remember we were including the whole thing "UP YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASS" in every thread title and she felt it was offensive so asked us to change it to UYMFA.

She made up the whole "UYMFA gang" thing. But we're splitting hairs at this point.

I don't recall Sicy making up the UYMFA thing at all. As far as I remember we were including the whole thing "UP YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASS" in every thread title and she felt it was offensive so asked us to change it to UYMFA.

Correct (and that was kinda funny), but she was the first to associate it to specific people - the UYMFA Gang I think she called "them" . Before that it was just something that was in the bar thread titles.

I don't think we actively exclude anyone.

I disagree with that statement which is the reason I quit posting in your precious little bar. You may not exclude but you certainly don't "include". And I am not talking about you personally, Beav. Other members of your little gang.

And Zoots, people get a little touchy when you use the word "clique". Seems to be they like to be in one but don't like to be called out. :shrug:

Just my two cents.

I disagree with that statement which is the reason I quit posting in your precious little bar. You may not exclude but you certainly don't "include". And I am not talking about you personally, Beav. Other members of your little gang.

And Zoots, people get a little touchy when you use the word "clique". Seems to be they like to be in one but don't like to be called out. :shrug:

Just my two cents.

:up:

I'm already considering not stopping for ice cream, don't make me turn this thread around completely. :angry:

Complaining about "cliques" is pointless - this whole board is one giant clique broken into hundreds of smaller cliques....

I'm sorry some feel left out or whatever, when I first started posting here I was completely lost and hell, half the time I still have no idea what is going on but I don't care. When it comes to these things you can join in and take the chance of being ignored or sit back and watch.

2. It's not a clique, it's a nickname Sicy made up for a section of the Temple Bar that followed each other around the forum a lot.

Isn't that sort of what a clique is?

"a section of people from the Temple Bar that followed each other around a lot."

In any case.. I want everyone to feel welcome to post anywhere they like, and not feel intimidated by certain groups of people, clubs or groups etc. Peace on earth and all that jazz. :wink:

Complaining about "cliques" is pointless - this whole board is one giant clique broken into hundreds of smaller cliques....

I'm sorry some feel left out or whatever, when I first started posting here I was completely lost and hell, half the time I still have no idea what is going on but I don't care. When it comes to these things you can join in and take the chance of being ignored or sit back and watch.

Stop making sense :angry: :wink:

Isn't that sort of what a clique is?

"a section of people from the Temple Bar that followed each other around a lot."

In any case.. I want everyone to feel welcome to post anywhere they like, and not feel intimidated by certain groups of people, clubs or groups etc. Peace on earth and all that jazz. :wink:

I feel like it would be a clique if we made the conscious effort to name ourselves, limit it to specific people, etc. It just sort of fell into place the way it did, with very little thought from anyone.

pfan, I saw you post a definite list of 7 or 8 people before you edited your post, earlier on in this thread. If you want to be cliquish, that's fine and you have every right to do that. But I'm just saying that's what is probably putting other people off.

Zoots, forgive me, but, aren't you the one that sent us all a PM months and months ago, wanting certain people out of the Temple Bar? What's the difference here?

I think we need commentary by Bayou before we make any further decisions.

I saw that list too and was bummed that it was deleted because I was going to make fun of Dalton for being the only one without a nickname or abbreviation or anything.

QF-UYMFA-T

not that i'd know anything about that mind you, but there it is.

oh, and one more thing, i voted for hamster, it was good.

cathamster.jpg

Just my two cents.

Such venom over something as silly as a thread in an internet forum.

Back
Top Bottom