IO: The UYMFA Gang Lives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rodent of Choice?

• Hamster

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Gerbil

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Mouse

• Rat

• Chinchillon

• Lemonhog

• Porcumelon

• Llamamelon

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Lamp :(

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Powerjuice

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
You're right, it really is perfect and it does get better with each viewing. There are a few sequences of this movie that I've probably seen upwards of 15 times.

Some of my favorites off the top of my head -

The Dude's first meeting with Brandt - "Mr. Lebowski is disabled, yes."
The Dude's encounter with the Malibu sheriff - "Keep your ugly fucking goldbrickin' ass out of my beach community"
The two Jesus scenes
Confronting Larry - "You see what happens Larry when you fuck a stranger in the ass?"
The epilogue - "Just because we're bereaved doesn't make us saps!"
And every other scene, really.

Nice. Good luck. I would think it would be hard to do a monologue from a film you've seen so many times because it might just come off as an imitation you know? Are you going to be doin your own interpretations or just keeping it pretty much as the original actor played it? Acting is hard. Damn.

You mean... coitus?

Yeah, I'm doing them as jokes, kind of, since I'm not really on the acting side of things, but we're supposed to perform something, you know? My running joke is to take really vulgar monologues and "clean them up" with less offensive words, so I'll play it from that angle. I do get what you mean though, and I'll try and play it enough so that it's recognizable without becoming an imitation.

What parts of those films are you doing?

So far:

Al Pacino's monologue at the end of Glengarry
DRAINAGE from There Will Be Blood (not vulgar enough, but it rocks)
The Dude's monologue to The Big Lebowski in the limo or Walter's eulogy to Donny
Ezekiel 25:17 from Pulp Fiction

And if possible, I'd like to do the Baptism scene from TWBB if I can get a partner. The lady friend does not want to be Eli.

Can either of the guys you did that video project with do it? The guy with the football helmet instrument was hilarious.

Can either of the guys you did that video project with do it? The guy with the football helmet instrument was hilarious.

Naw, neither of them are in the troupe, otherwise I'd welcome that.

You're right though, that kid's a hoot. He's the "artsy" kid who made all of the experimental videos that we made fun of in our video.

Back
Top Bottom