IO- The recession made me do it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Here's some of the stuff I had to cut down because of the stoopid recession;

* Only one Venti Chai Tea a week (Sorry Cori).
* Matinee movies only
* No more HBO
* Buying a house for Iris
* Round trip ticket for mad1 for her hunting expedition to SoCal
* No Cancun this year
:angry:

next

* Matinee movies only

Costco is your friend. You can get AMC or Regal tickets that you can use without restriction for just $6.50 apiece.

for me:
* Sushi or PF Chang's once a month for lunch only. Sticking to lunch specials menu. Bye-bye orange peel beef... :(
* Prepaying future Hyatt hotel stays by buying their gift certificates from Costco at 20% discount. $100 certificate = $79.99. :up:

I don't spend all that much on stuff like clothes and Starbucks and movies but we are probably going to cancel our HBO and downgrade our internet from turbo to whatever is in the middle. We also cancelled our anniversary cruise in October. :sigh:

The one BIIIIIIGGGGG sacrifice I'm making until things get better is.....I can't even say it.....no Sephora :scream:

I'm just glad I was never into buying desinger bags and clothes. I don't really buy a lot of clothes and make up to begin with.

I've also been trying to bring my lunch to work a couple times a week.

:up: I go through phases where I LOVE bringing lunch to work because I make some mean pasta dishes or salad and sandwiches. And I also go through phases (usually in the winter) where I wake up 30 minutes before I have to go to work, and so everything is rushed and I have no time to prepare my lunch. :lol:

Right now, with summer time and plentiful of yummy veggies and fruits in the market :drool:, I am in the phase of bringing lunch to work. Saves me on average $8/day = $40/week. :nerd:

Oh, and no Bose noise-canceling headphones for me... :angry:

- Getting take out has been reduced from once a week to about once a month.
- Going out to eat has been cut from 2-3 times each weekend to once a month.
- Kelly & I have both picked up 2nd jobs to fund extras, i.e. Anaheim '10/'11, Muse in October... hopefully Ireland '12.
- Going to the movies is a rare occurrence.
- Pay-per-View movies at home are down from 4-5/month to about 1 every 3months.
- We cut our lawn service from monthly visits to 5 treatments a year.
- Kelly had his doctor rewrite several of his prescriptions at twice the actual dosage so that a single refill would cover him for two months instead of one.
- We stopped seeing our chiropractor entirely.

Besides these, we basically question every purchase we make now. "Is this something we really need or just a want?" 80% of the time, we decide that whatever 'it' is that we think we want, isn't worth bothering with. It's not awful, by any means, & we're still in much better condition than a lot of folks, but I really hate not having any discretionary funds anymore. I don't buy a $1.50 soft drink now without Kelly knowing about it & that's the worst part for me. :|

Back
Top Bottom