IO: The Jack Nicholson Party, guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately not. But I'm not even remotely picky as far as what songs are recorded first. Where's Johnny and a re-recording of Jack Nicholson Went To Mexico were my priorities, but I can slide one of those down if someone has a request.

My schedule is pretty wide open starting the week of the 13th, so some new stuff will be recorded then. In the meantime, I'll be posting Code Red this weekend.

I might write it.

Go for it, motherfucker. Get that writing credit. As you're well aware, royalties are where the real money is.

I'm pretty sure Jack Nicholson would literally murder us if we sold this album.

I’m needed in the west
Shelley Duvall I must smite
Tonight I will freeze to death
In the pale moonlight

Updates:

-Where's Johnny and Jack Nicholson Went to Mexico etc. have been recorded
-We'll get Ben over soon to knock out the vocals
-Started working on a couple new songs tonight, one sounds like Fell in Love with a Girl and the other is very Fugazi
-Ashley will be working on updating the website shortly
-We have received lyrics from NSW for The Nicholson Always Stabs Twice and they are excellent, but we may not be able to get Ben to call someone a "fucking kike"

We have a wedding coming up, so the release date for the album had to be adjusted:

21kyn3c.png

Alright, enough fucking around. It's time for some real news.

The album is being wrapped up. There are lyrics written for every song. Ben is swinging by in a matter of days to finish his share of the album and it'll take me a week or two to wrap up the rest.

So, in honor of this exciting turn of events, I'm doing something special for fans in the Chicago metro area:

The Jack Nicholson Party will be personally handing out cassette tapes on Record Store Day. This release will be limited to ***10 copies***. Check your local Chicago record stores and you may find a copy of Your Face Is In Our Way lying on the ground or tucked away somewhere. This release will give you a shot at hearing the album a few days ahead of its release.

Because...save the date:

The album is being released on April 22nd, free of charge.

In the meantime, our brand new bandcamp page has two new hits that are paired with two classic hits:

The Jack Nicholson Party

Let's go.

The Nicholson Always Stabs Twice has a place of honor on the album, your lyrics intact.

If we can jam with Jimmy Whispers on RSD, this will be the greatest IO thread instead of just one of them.

Last edited:
Because of the band name, we're not charging anything for any of our music. It'll be up on grooveshark, last.fm, soundhound, bandcamp and there will be a permanent download link available on our website.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom