IO: The Jack Nicholson Party, guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Et voila:

JNP4.png

Miraculous. The album will be out by week's end with the inspiration I feel at this moment.

Jesus, this is so good.
Only thing is the space between The and Jack, but I seriously do not want to bitch, this is awesome.

Jesus, this is so good.
Only thing is the space between The and Jack, but I seriously do not want to bitch, this is awesome.

Nope, my bad. There was a double-space there. Fixed, just refresh.

BTW, that shade of red is called either Jack Torrance's Jacket or Sideshow Bob's Hair.

You really would be our biggest fan, Reggo, if we had music. If horrorcore applied to punk rock instead of hip-hop, that would be us. Sung by a 10 year-old. About the daily goings-on of an aging Jack Nicholson. That's some awesome shit.

I do seriously want to write something, and I may put a cap of one week on it in order to encourage spontaneity. Just an EP, maybe 7 songs of like 2 minutes each. I wrote the motherfucking Fake List after a promise to Interference; I can do this shit.

I wrote two songs just now. One about him scaring hippies and the other about scoring an easy layup on the Clippers. Got this shit now.

I still really think that the band name should be "Jack Nicklaus Party." You can have a picture of the Golden Bear himself lusting after Ms. Temple's blood.

Every band's name is concocted by 20-somethings. I like a 9 year-old came up with ours.

Writing some music tonight for the 7 tracks' worth of lyrics we have.

A 9-year-old came up with ours at Taco Bell without even knowing that Jack Nicholson was a real person.

The selection of our band name is the equivalent of Excalibur being drawn from the stone. That shit was meant to be.

A new, unfinished JNP jam written by Ben and I in like 20 minutes:

I LOVE YOU LIKE MURDER

I love you like murder
But I'll go one step further
I'd kill everyone
In the world for you
I was gonna do it anyway
But I'd make it special for sure
Your heart is beautiful
I'd hang it on my wall
When I'm with you
I don't have the urge to stab at all
I love you the way I love murdering people
Only without the murder this time
Your eyes are like someone else's blood
When I stab them
Your love makes me rabid
With love

Sung to the tune of Good Riddance.

WHERE'S JOHNNY?

I don't care for politics
But Hillary Clinton's alright
Stay off my lawn
And I won't set yours alight
Health care and money
For starving people that need food
I just need their blood
So I can keep looking good

(Blah blah blah the poor)
Where's Johnny?
(Blah blah Middle East)
What about Johnny?
(Blah blah terrorism)
That's almost Johnny
(Lakers Lakers Lakers Lakers)
Heeere's Johnny!

Today a bunch of dirty hippies
Stood on my lawn
Crying about over some plankton
That was dead and gone
One of those hippies
Was worshiping my flowers
I grabbed her guitar
And made them all cower

(Blah blah blah the poor)
Where's Johnny?
(Blah blah Middle East)
What about Johnny?
(Blah blah terrorism)
That's almost Johnny
(Lakers Lakers Lakers Lakers)
Heeere's Johnny!

"LMFAO is better at singing and being a music star than Michael Jackson."

-Ben, 10 year old lead singer/badass of The Jack Nicholson Party

Since Ashley and I moved to a different city, basically killing JNP -- a band borne of strife and controversy -- once and for all, I figured it would be best to release our four songs for your listening pleasure. Track 1 was a bedroom demo I made, and 2-4 are living room demos we made together. It runs 16 minutes. Nevar forget. Thank you all for your love and support, and to Reggo for being the world's best artist. We'll buy her a mug some day with our giant piles of money to make it official.

JNP4.png

1. Where's Johnny?
2. Homeless
3. Beat It
4. Jack Nicholson Went To Mexico (And Almost Died)

Ben - vocals, ass-kicking
Travis - guitars, vocals
Ashley - bass guitar

LINK:

The Jack Nicholson Party - Your Face Is In Our Way.rar - DivShare

:wave:

lmao. I love that you're so convinced we won't record more this summer. Ben's supposed to come over next weekend. We can knock some out, I'm sure.

RZA could substitute any of the martial arts samples for the audio at the beginning of Went to Mexico and you couldn't tell the difference.

bono_212 said:
lmao. I love that you're so convinced we won't record more this summer. Ben's supposed to come over next weekend. We can knock some out, I'm sure.

Just trying not to get my hopes up, you know. Maybe the fancy new recording studio will get the creative mojo working, but I can't be certain of this. Ben is a free spirit. He rocks at all hours, irrespective of any one band he may grace with his presence.

cobl04 said:
RZA could substitute any of the martial arts samples for the audio at the beginning of Went to Mexico and you couldn't tell the difference.

Nicholson Style is immensely strong, and invulnerable to nearly any weapon. When it's properly used, it's nearly invincible.

"Are you voting for Mitt Romney? Because if you are, I'll shun you."

"If Mitt Romney wins the election, I'm moving to Canada."

"I don't really care who wins (the election) as long as Mitt Romney doesn't win."

-Ben, lead singer of JNP and liberal political activist

New Jack Nicholson Party single - "I'll Be Waiting" due in March

In the spontaneous lineage of Radiohead and David Bowie, the seminal Jack Nicholson Party have chosen to surprise the world with a brand new song, to no fanfare whatsoever.

Inspired by the meme-worthy first meeting of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence and Jack Nicholson himself, this furious new rocker promises to be, appropriately, their most cinematic in scope, utilizing overdubs and analogue microphones.

The new track will be offered exclusively through Interference (not the homepage, wtf).

Back
Top Bottom