IO -The best beer in the world is;

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone has ever tried, it is hard to disagree with Billy Dee

COlt-45---Billy-Dee.jpg

colt45-bottoms-up.jpg

Olde E > Colt 45

You The Man right there Coolian:up:

Tried it for the first time on 4/25/09 at a pub in Indiana when I went to see a U2 Tribute Band took one sip slided it over casually to my 20y/o daughter:reject:

She liked it:doh:

unfortunately, this site propagates a lot of people who like to think they're irish because of a certain band that most of us here are rather fond of us. sure, i'm sure some of them do have useless tastebuds and think they like it, but i'd bet most people on here only like the black shit because it gives them irish cred.

:scream: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

:sad: And I so thought I would never fall in the trap.

:sad: I'm sorry guys. Have fun with my brainz.

: pointsandlaughs:

Yeah, I tried Guinness a few years ago to see what all the hubbub was about. Blech. I suppose it's okay if you want to feel like you've just eaten a 4 course dinner after having a couple. Much too heavy. :sick: Wasn't that impressed with the taste, either.

unfortunately, this site propagates a lot of people who like to think they're irish because of a certain band that most of us here are rather fond of us. sure, i'm sure some of them do have useless tastebuds and think they like it, but i'd bet most people on here only like the black shit because it gives them irish cred.

:lol: That black stuff is only good when you put Port in it. I think the best Irish beer is Kilkenny.

I prefer Belgian beers such as Leffe (dubbel, triple and quadrupel), La Chouffe, Duvel, Chimay and Jupiler.

And when you taste THIS Belgian Beauty:
duchessedebourgogne.jpg
you're in heaven!!!:drool:

Anyone who thinks Guinness is better than just about any Belgian beer must either a) know fuck-all about beer, b) basically see what Ian wrote i.e. I'M 9TH GENERATION IRISH HELL YEAHHHH, c) forgot to take their brain medicine or d) has a different opinion to me.

lol how did you know. My tastebuds were damaged in a sonicare incident years ago.

Anyone who thinks Guinness is better than just about any Belgian beer must either a) know fuck-all about beer, b) basically see what Ian wrote i.e. I'M 9TH GENERATION IRISH HELL YEAHHHH, c) forgot to take their brain medicine or d) has a different opinion to me.

:lol:

I must say Guinness has a very awquard taste, you either love it or hate it.
It does taste very good with blackcurrent syrup or Port. Each to his own!

I also posted in 'Random Facst and Confessions' that I think it's funny how many non-Dutch people love Heineken, while most people I know hate it!

I agree with the Original Hyopthesis put forth by this topic, as Guiness is my favorite beer, and I'm barely Irish at all.

However:

I prefer Belgian beers such as Leffe (dubbel, triple and quadrupel), La Chouffe, Duvel, Chimay and Jupiler.

And when you taste THIS Belgian Beauty:
duchessedebourgogne.jpg
you're in heaven!!!:drool:

WINNAH! I've never tried that Duchess stuff, but I shall do so ASAP. Also - Corsendonk Brown Ale is fantastic (the pale ale, not so much.) And Delirium Tremens is great. I live Belgian beer so much I've considered going to Belgium for the sole purpose of drinking beer...

Side note: I like Chimay so much I ask for it for Christmas. :D

Yesterday I had Westvleteren 12 for the first time. Great yummy dark beer with an almost champagne bubble effect on the tongue. Smoooooth. 10% alcohol but it doesn't screw up the flavours. Lots of dark fruit and a little spice and sweetness. I like it!

westy12box.jpg

dscf05861.jpg

Had this the other day and quite enjoyed it, very light and an ever so slight hint of..lemon? Something, anyways...At 5.2%, 2 cans do quite nice job of making me a happy customer! lol

Hell, I prefer Murphy's.

Best beer I've ever had:

Samuel-Smith-Oatmeal-Stout.jpg

Back
Top Bottom