IO,Summer is over,school begins,after school activities begin!I WANT SUMMER BACK NOW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philisedge

Acrobat
Spending my holidays for a few days at ATHENS!!!!!
:sad::mad::scream::faint::depressed::grumpy::crazy::yell::banghead::panic:

Those are my feelings everytime summer is over,and I guess yours also!I hate school,studing and work!!!I hate waking up everyday at 5:30 am in order to go to that aufull building,studing,studing,Studing:crack:!!!And after returning from school,being forced to study more,go to your english,german,maths,ancient greek and music lessons,then study again and fall asleep really late!!!My winter life sucs,that's for sure!!!Can somebody give me some advice about how to find sometime to relax?I am going to EXPLODE over here:gah:

What's your major?
It looks like you don't have a lot of free time, so I would say listening to music could be a good way (first thought that came, being that this place is for a band haha), like a calming song or something that makes you just let go and momentarily forget about all the stress work and school can cause.
But if you're that busy and don't enjoy most of what you do (I'm not saying you don't) it can be really hard to relax.
I hope you find something that works :)

Thanks a lot for your advice:hug:!!!I have to say that when I do those things(except when I go to a lesson),at the same time I listen to music.For excample,I study my homework and at the same time I listen to music,as I go to these lessons,I listen to music.The onliest way to make myself to sleep is to listen to music.Thanks again!!!!!:hug:

:hug: You're welcome! I often do that too, listen to music while doing other stuff, but then it becomes a problem if I pay too much attention to the music...

i know i always got sort of depressed by late Aug knowing school was around the corner. But at least at times had good to some great teachers , and some subjects i really liked!

All those languages .... is that part of your major OR are you in Europe where a lot more language study is done and at an earlier age than here in the USA (in general).

I love music and use it to energize, distract or relax me. Also reading a good Fiction book, or a an artist & lover of Landscapes and Architecture looking at books filled with photos of those subjects often relaxes me.

And hanging out with friends on the phone talking.

I get downbeat in the winter.... so i'm planning on putting up ( and they'll stay past winter) photographs i've taken of crab-apple and cherry trees in blossom; green trees basking in sunlight, and some neat architecture bathed in sunlight as well against deep blue skies!

i got my question to you answered by accident. Once in a great while i drop in to the baby thread to welcome a few newbies (or people who have Officially De-lurked).

i just did that and saw you greeting some people.

I see you're from Greece. Difficult in the winter? Are you in the more northern moutainous areas?
I don't think (i may be wrong) that southern Greece and the Islands are very cold or have snow?

i got my question to you answered by accident. Once in a great while i drop in to the baby thread to welcome a few newbies (or people who have Officially De-lurked).

i just did that and saw you greeting some people.

I see you're from Greece. Difficult in the winter? Are you in the more northern moutainous areas?
I don't think (i may be wrong) that southern Greece and the Islands are very cold or have snow?

Well,I live somewhere in central Greece,in a small town near the sea.In this specific place it isn't sooooo difficult in winter,but sometimes the temperature might get below zero and might snow(unfortunaitly for only 2 or 3 days).In winter it rains quite often,but it's ok because I LOVE RAIN!!:heart:In southern Greece it is not always warm in winter because there are lots of winds that can cause also lots of problems and storms,but sometimes while it's raining at my place,in southern Greece it might be realy warm.But I'm sure that it doesn't snow there.

ah thank you for the Greek georgraphy/weather lesson.

I get easily bummed out after 2 days of gray & rainy weather. Why I'd never move to Seattle! We even get an infrequiant Spring where it does stay way more gray & rainy into ?June? Terrible! Even people who are normally not effected by the gray weather get bothered by it!

Sometimes a nice summer rain (not a thunder storm tho) is refreshing.

you'd want the snow to han around a bit more?

ah thank you for the Greek georgraphy/weather lesson.

I get easily bummed out after 2 days of gray & rainy weather. Why I'd never move to Seattle! We even get an infrequiant Spring where it does stay way more gray & rainy into ?June? Terrible! Even people who are normally not effected by the gray weather get bothered by it!

Sometimes a nice summer rain (not a thunder storm tho) is refreshing.

you'd want the snow to han around a bit more?

As I can see you are not a big fun of rainy weather.And I didn't know that it is that bad at your place.Here,the cold and rainy weather starts in the middle of Oktober.Right now,it is realy warm.It's sunny and everyone is swimming at the sea(I wish I could too,but as always,I'm not allowed:angry:)Everyone wears light clothes because of the temperature.But the weather forecast said that next week it is not going to be so warm and that it might rain(fortunaitly for me).And yes,I want the snow to stay longer at my hometown because as I said before it lasts for only a few days and then it melts!:sad: Hope it gets better at you're city!!!

thanks...

it's often not that bad....but the years it does :hmm: 3 years ago, 5 yrs ago..... are the 2 that stand out in my mind and really bummed me out 2009, 2007 .

Last year we got a pretty big snowstorm in very late Oct !!!:ohmy::ohmy:
It hadn't happened in 60 years and I'd never seen one and didn't have boots!

Ah i see.... snow-wise. I do know it can get quite hot in your country at times. Don't know if it's drier or more humid heat.

It won't be cold esp duringb the day here really usualy not until mid-late Nov . But it runs from warm to cool in Oct days sometimes cold at night esp inland in farther away suburbs, semi-countryside.

thanks...

it's often not that bad....but the years it does :hmm: 3 years ago, 5 yrs ago..... are the 2 that stand out in my mind and really bummed me out 2009, 2007 .

Last year we got a pretty big snowstorm in very late Oct !!!:ohmy::ohmy:
It hadn't happened in 60 years and I'd never seen one and didn't have boots!

Ah i see.... snow-wise. I do know it can get quite hot in your country at times. Don't know if it's drier or more humid heat.

It won't be cold esp duringb the day here really usualy not until mid-late Nov . But it runs from warm to cool in Oct days sometimes cold at night esp inland in farther away suburbs, semi-countryside.

As I remember you sid that some days ago it was raining.Does it still rain?At myplacethe weather is going ochage a lot this week.It is going to be raining,the temperature is going from 30 degrees Celsium to 24-25 degrees.:hyper::love::heart:

Oh, and one more thing.You mentioned to another thread tzatziki.Do you really like it? I personaly hate it!!!:yuck::sick::no:

As I remember you sid that some days ago it was raining.Does it still rain?At myplacethe weather is going ochage a lot this week.It is going to be raining,the temperature is going from 30 degrees Celsium to 24-25 degrees.:hyper::love::heart:

Oh, and one more thing.You mentioned to another thread tzatziki.Do you really like it? I personaly hate it!!!:yuck::sick::no:
*runs to the Celsius/Farenheit Converter* LOL

I think we'd had our last :sad: 27C day until next year and i was stuck at home for almost the whole day waiting for the handyman to return. I ran out for bit to take a few pics of the sun-lit trees and to feel the warmth (was wearing a tank top) on me but left a note as to where he would find me which right near the front of the building.

I'd be :yippie: thrilled if it was 22C-25C daytime temp now!

It's gone to 15C day and 10C @night .:(
And today which was originally supposed to be sunny was ray all day, Tray and tomorrow, some sunbreaks Wxed afternoon, then Thur - Fri + sunny at last!!!

Hopefully we'll still get some more 22-23C days. It's still Early Fall here. 95%+ of our trees are still :heart: lushly green!

As for :giggle: Tzatziki..... yeah I love it BUT it was an aquired taste!

I'd said (in other thread) I'd been a picky eater as a kid into my mid-late teens !!

I didn't start eating Yogurt until i was in my mid-30's! And even then it was with berries, and yogurts back then definatly had sugar if there was fruit involved as well (most still do).
After that 1-2 years later- I decided I'ed gotten used to the sourish taste still not completely masked by sweeteners to try Plain Yogurt.

I found I liked enough to then try tzatziki when I was eating Greek food for dining out.

So you got a ways to go to possibly liking it later on! Which might horrify you now! :lol: I'm not laughing at you... The way-younger me would be horrified to see what I've learned to love over time! LOL!

Here's another one -- and it can't be too "fishy" tasting though I'vr never had one (so far) that was like ithat (excuse if i mess up the spelling) ... Taramaselata ? Fish roe (eggs) dip.

You might never like this stuff ...but you might- later on. I jus tover time started trying more things, plus i had friends of many ethnic backgrounds, and even if the same as me had already tried lots of cuisines i hadn't yet tried (back then).

*runs to the Celsius/Farenheit Converter* LOL

I think we'd had our last :sad: 27C day until next year and i was stuck at home for almost the whole day waiting for the handyman to return. I ran out for bit to take a few pics of the sun-lit trees and to feel the warmth (was wearing a tank top) on me but left a note as to where he would find me which right near the front of the building.

I'd be :yippie: thrilled if it was 22C-25C daytime temp now!

It's gone to 15C day and 10C @night .:(
And today which was originally supposed to be sunny was ray all day, Tray and tomorrow, some sunbreaks Wxed afternoon, then Thur - Fri + sunny at last!!!

Hopefully we'll still get some more 22-23C days. It's still Early Fall here. 95%+ of our trees are still :heart: lushly green!

As for :giggle: Tzatziki..... yeah I love it BUT it was an aquired taste!

I'd said (in other thread) I'd been a picky eater as a kid into my mid-late teens !!

I didn't start eating Yogurt until i was in my mid-30's! And even then it was with berries, and yogurts back then definatly had sugar if there was fruit involved as well (most still do).
After that 1-2 years later- I decided I'ed gotten used to the sourish taste still not completely masked by sweeteners to try Plain Yogurt.

I found I liked enough to then try tzatziki when I was eating Greek food for dining out.

So you got a ways to go to possibly liking it later on! Which might horrify you now! :lol: I'm not laughing at you... The way-younger me would be horrified to see what I've learned to love over time! LOL!

Here's another one -- and it can't be too "fishy" tasting though I'vr never had one (so far) that was like ithat (excuse if i mess up the spelling) ... Taramaselata ? Fish roe (eggs) dip.

You might never like this stuff ...but you might- later on. I jus tover time started trying more things, plus i had friends of many ethnic backgrounds, and even if the same as me had already tried lots of cuisines i hadn't yet tried (back then).

First of all,I am sorry that the temperature isn't as you wanted it to be.Maybe you should move to Geece and I to me to your city :giggle:!!!As I said,the weather here was going to change and it did.It was very cloudy all day!!!:love: But unfortunaitly it didn't rain:sad:.Also,a very,very small earthquake took place at my hometown today(for about 1 second) and I was the only one in my class that didn't feel it.Also,that thing about food???You are definatly right.When I was 5 years old,I hated brocoli but now, I am the only one who eats it!!! And who knows,maybe one day I might like tzatziki!!!

images

PS:Your mother is from Greece???That explains why you know so much about greek cuisine!!! I saw at the other thread that you talk about other greek food like pastitsio ect!!! It's 21:00 pm, I haven't eaten anything for dinner and I feel like I'm going to eat the entire fridge!!!:lol:

Yasou!

My mom was 1st Gen Greek-American. Her mom (my yia yia) was from Greece... more in the moutain area.

And since my dad had no siblings we mostly were influenced by her side of the family. Greeks! She had 3 bros & 1 sister. Although we also know our Ukrainian (EasternEuropean) Easter Foods as well as our Greek Easter foods and Greek foods in general!

Brocoli! :lol: i didn't even start eatin that till my ?late teens!

earthquakes! :ohmy: :no:

They are rare in the NYC area. I tyhink i read Greece has the most Earthquakes in Europe.

Yasou!

My mom was 1st Gen Greek-American. Her mom (my yia yia) was from Greece... more in the moutain area.

And since my dad had no siblings we mostly were influenced by her side of the family. Greeks! She had 3 bros & 1 sister. Although we also know our Ukrainian (EasternEuropean) Easter Foods as well as our Greek Easter foods and Greek foods in general!

Brocoli! :lol: i didn't even start eatin that till my ?late teens!

earthquakes! :ohmy: :no:

They are rare in the NYC area. I tyhink i read Greece has the most Earthquakes in Europe.

Yasou to you too!!! Ti kanis???

Your grandmother was a member of a big family as I can see.Mine also has lots of siblings,especialy my grandfather.He has 4 sister and 3 brothers.The old days there were lots of members in one family.

And realy?You started eating brocoli at that age?

About the earthquakes.Yes,Greece has the most earthquakes in Europe and is the sixth country with the most earthquakes in the world.Today,in my geography lesson,we learned about volcanoes and earthquakes.We saw a documentary about the volcano of Santorini(from discovery chanel) and I have to say that I was imperessed.I didn't know that the earthquake was that bad.
I am watching Hawaii five-0 and it's pretty good.In the series you can see so many beautiful places!!!And imagine that they were all created by the volcanos and the earthquakes(ok,I mention the words volcano and earthquake too many times and it starts getting annoying:doh:,sorry)

will send you a post in a day or 2

i justn lost the i was typing :grumpy:

hope u r good.

i'm doing pretty good. :)

I'm extremely happy,thank you!!!:wave:
This Monday I'm not going to school,because,uhh...I actualy didn't understand the reason why,something that has to do with the educational system,and I'm going to be free for the entire morning:yippie:!!! Also tomorrow,I am finaly moving!!!

I also wanted to ask you something.When do you start the preperations for Christmas at your place,because in the Malls,I saw some Christmas candys and I kinda freaked out.And my mother once told me that when she was living in Boston with her family when she was a child they used to decorate the house from November!!! For me it sounds a litlebit strange because we start the preperations in December!!! And what's new with you???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom