IO: Punctuation is your friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
What is up with people who have decided that it takes too much effort to punctuate their posts? Punctuation exists for a reason; it makes your thoughts easier to read, easier to understand. I think I'm just not going to read any post that doesn't include at least the basics, you know... period at the end of a complete thought with a capital letter beginning the next sentence. It makes me sad.

Sad_panda_needs_hugs_by_jokerofillusion.jpg

An English professor wrote the words; "A woman with out her man is nothing" on the chalkboard and asked his students to punctuated correctly.

All the males in the classroom wrote;
"A woman, with out her man, is nothing"

All the females in the classroom wrote;

"A woman; with out her, man is nothing"

:up: to this thread! Some people just don't take the decency to use punctuation or are too lazy to do it. Sometimes when I have to read stuff written by co-students, I feel like pulling my hair out! :crazy:

My ex-boss used to ask some of us to correct letters he sent out. One time he handed me a letter during lunch and I told him he was missing some commas and apostrophes. He told me that was not important. :doh: The worst thing I ever read from him (in a letter he wanted me to give to someone) had the date written like this: Saturday the 5th of September. :(

I'm sorry, where's the timeout chair? :sad:

At work, I'm hardcore about the grammar and punctuation, but around these parts, I must admit I'm a bit a more laid back. I am now trying to put periods on all my posts, for now.

This thread: :up:

I especially hate when a ton of my lame friends have to write their Facebook statuses/comments as 'Goooinnngggg tooo thheeee marrrkkkeett . Bee backk soon!' :doh: It drives me nuts!

I hate that to. What is the point of all the extra letters at the end of the word?

should have.
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have
should have

should have

This thread: :up:

I especially hate when a ton of my lame friends have to write their Facebook statuses/comments as 'Goooinnngggg tooo thheeee marrrkkkeett . Bee backk soon!' :doh: It drives me nuts!

I hate that. :doh:
Ughhh, I have one friend who does this with ALL of their statuses. Good thing is, she's not online very much anymore so I don't have to read all the 'r's in 'everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' :lol:

We also need a clear tutorial for the your/you're difference. It's incredibly frustrating to read through a post with those mistakes, because the words are not misspelled and thus I read it as a proper sentence. Then it makes no sense because it has your instead of you're or vice versa. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom