IO: Park in front of your own goddamn house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a neighbor who blocks my garage parking his big ass truck in the alley. He's been warned repeatedly but he keeps doing it. It's really aggravating, I can't get my car in or out of my garage because of him. :rant:

zonelistener said:
I do not understand what the problem is.

The only problem I could see is if they are blocking the driveway. We have people parked outside our gaff every day.

See that's the thing I don't get. There's noone in front of their house, it's like they just don't want to park there. So they park in front of mine instead. Which isn't a huge deal, except that's where my son's basketball net is and if there's a car parked there, he can't practice. I know that sounds trivial, but he practices everyday, so yeah, it's a problem...

I bet they are doing it on purpose. The basketball probably annoys them so by parking in front of your place they feel they get back at you cuz then your son can't practice. Some people :no:

For me, in our alley there's a 2 car garage immediately next to my one car garage. I've got a ford Escape. If my neighbor pulls up along the garage doors (which is a no no in the lease) in his dual cab big long Toyota truck blocking half my garage door there's no way I can pull around him to get into my garage to park my car. My neighbor says he doesn't see what the problem is, HE could get a car in and out of my garage with no problems. He just doesn't want to have to find parking on the street for his 2nd vehicle (He has a jeep parked in his garage-he owns 2 vehicles). I wish my landlords were more proactive in taking action to do something about this but I'll be patient.

I'm really trying to hard not to believe that they would even remotely do that on purpose. I just can't see them doing that, they know what his practice means to him... I think they're just being unthoughtful. I hope..

your solution, well I have two

either

Put a potatoe in his exhaust pipe, his car will not start until he finds it and takes it out(people NEVER look at the exhaust pipe, so grab a chair and enjoy watching him getg angry)
or put a condom over it... he'll drive up to the end of the street... and bang... :wink: that'll cool him off!

:ohmy:

I think I should add that I've recently discovered that the culprit is the daughter of the lady who is my daughter's piano teacher (yeah, pretty damn convenient to have piano lessons on your street! :) )

soooo....I think I may have to take a more friendly approach to this thing...now that I know who it is, I doubt I'll have an issue once I take a beer over and talk to her dad. :wink:

Our neighbors started driving through their yard, across part of ours, then out of our driveway into the street last winter when the Mrs. had knee surgery. Instead of someone getting their lazy ass out and moving one of the six cars in their own driveway! Our driveway is on the left.

Driveway020807.jpg

So we put up little decorative white picket fences on both sides of the driveway--just for decoration, you understand. :lol: But it took care of the problem!

And the pictures were just to show the bright sunny day, right? :wink:

seriously tho, the fence was a good move.

honestly, someone driving across my lawn? Let me see.....yeah, I'd lose it.

So now my neighbor thinks he can park his big ass long truck blocking HIS garage to where his front bumper lines with the Bldg frame between the 2 garages (his and mine which are right next to one another). What he STILL does not get is that it is impossible for me in my Escape to get around his vehicle and angle my car so I can get it into the one car garage. A-hole :rant:
He thinks he is not in the way. :lol:

Carek1230 said:
So now my neighbor thinks he can park his big ass long truck blocking HIS garage to where his front bumper lines with the Bldg frame between the 2 garages (his and mine which are right next to one another). What he STILL does not get is that it is impossible for me in my Escape to get around his vehicle and angle my car so I can get it into the one car garage. A-hole :rant:
He thinks he is not in the way. :lol:

Tell him!

I have AND I've also sent a letter to our landlords and spoken with them several times about this. It's in the lease NOT to park in the alley blocking garage doors except for loading and/or un loading. It just irritates me when some people don't follow rules and get away with it, you know?

Carek1230 said:
I have AND I've also sent a letter to our landlords and spoken with them several times about this. It's in the lease NOT to park in the alley blocking garage doors except for loading and/or un loading. It just irritates me when some people don't follow rules and get away with it, you know?

Is blocking an alley illegal where you live? If so, call the cops! :mad:

I think only if there is a sign posted. His truck doesn't completely block thru traffic, just blocks access to the garages that belong to our property. Grrrrr....:mad: I don't wanna deal with the guy cuz he's a pothead.

I have a journal entry about this somewhere. I have douchebag neighbors who always play bags or hang out in front of my garage. wtf? Just b/c our townhouses share a driveway doesn't give these tools the right to park themselves in front of my place. :angry:

Carek1230 said:
I think only if there is a sign posted. His truck doesn't completely block thru traffic, just blocks access to the garages that belong to our property. Grrrrr....:mad: I don't wanna deal with the guy cuz he's a pothead.

I have a suggestion for ya: park there!

Or have some male friend of yours (preferably big, but then again if the guy's a pothead he's relatively harmless) park there.

Repeat for several days.

:lol:

Ok seriously tho, here's a real suggestion, not sure if you thought of this..

If I understand it correctly, he is parking just before your drive on the street, right? so you are trying to turn right into your drive up into the garage, right? Which would mean with the nose of your car facing the house? ok, and this is just a personal preference because I think its 100 times safer to park facing out....pull just past your drive, and back in. That angle that is nearly impossible to make going forward and turning right will be a cinch going backwards (with the wheel cranked right). Plus, when your pulling out of the garage, you'll be doing so forward and be able to see everything which is a bonus.

Does that work?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom