IO: owl movie 2010 (Ga HOO!le)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I never know what to expect to see on my television anymore, except a large quantity of Gordon Ramsay. The issue has been complicated since Billy Mays' death, to the extent that I am now unclear about what even the advertisements have in store.

So I was watching something related to Gordon Ramsay the other day, and there was something wrong with my television. At least, that's how I have consoled myself in the proceeding days. At first, everything was cool. The show came to a stop and went to commercial. That's the status 60% of the time. But then...I dunno, there was all this shit flying across my screen that looked a lot like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_lMihSKkgA

...owls. Why the owls were flying with such expedience is beyond me, even after hours of lost sleep pondering the event. They were proclaimed...guardians. But they were owls. I don't understand what the owls were guarding or why they were appointed to such a high position, but apparently long ago in a parallel universe far away, owls were chosen to save our asses. Our government has never looked more competent.

So I tried to discover more about this movie. I ran a search for it, and I came across this while doing so:

owlmovie1.jpg

That's right. There are many individuals besides me that are so perplexed by the fact that a movie about owls exists that this mere fact is its #1 defining characteristic.

And then there were toys at Burger King geared towards those who find Dr. Seuss provides them with a sense of normalcy. So of course I bought a kid's meal:

20101001230447.jpg

Whether or not I visit the theater to learn more about this fascinating turn of events remains to be seen, but it likely will not remain there long, so I need to make a quick decision on the matter.

I pretty much only made this thread because NSW had to move for fear of the Guardians and I assumed that reliving the event would be healthy for him.

You forgot to mention that the sole purpose of that toy is for it to break into tiny pieces.

2010-10-01232627.jpg

And THOSE are our sole protectors in this world.

I think FYM might be a little more balanced once word gets out.

(I appreciate Burger King's honesty.)

Ashley's stepfather also referred to it as the "owl movie" tonight.

A movie about banding together to save the human race is pretty awesome on the surface, but when the protagonists are owls, how the hell can you focus on anything else? Think of the logistics; what the hell do these fuckers do during the day? The lighting guy must have been able to put his kids through college with all that overtime. And then there's the fact that it's owls saving the human race. Has this been mentioned?

wow. i am glad zoney bumped this thread and that i was bored enough to read this forum. my direct tv box broke about a month ago. i gotta get that fixed. i thought there was no reason to watch tv, but i was missing commercials like this shit! that cannot be.

:lmao:

wtf.

oh and that owl city thing, i had been thinking that was a new postal service song and that they now sucked. ugh.

I flew home from Perth today, after seeing 2 concerts by some musical act or other.

The plane was full of big burly mining blokes flying home from North WA.

The inflight movie was this owl movie thing.

Kept them quiet, gotta say.

Back
Top Bottom