IO: my avatar means a whole damn lot, and i want you to ask me about it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AUSTRALIANS! i need your help.

i am about to commit to nearly a month in Oz, and i need your expert advice on a potential itinerary that i'm concocting at the moment. all is subject to change. i have a very optimistic 4ish weeks planned, it could be shortened to 2 weeks, maybe i get another week. who knows?

please, if you have a few moments, weigh in and tell me if i'm being stupid or wrong or whatever.

October 28th – Depart DC

October 30 – Arrive Sydney

October 31 – Sydney

November 1 – Sydney

November 2 – fly up to Cairns

November 3-10 – SCUBA trip

November 10 – Cairns/Port Douglas

November 11 – Port Douglas & area

November 12 – Port Douglas & area

November 13th – QLD Outback? Brisbane? Where?

November 14th – QLD Outback? Brisbane? Where?

November 15th – QLD Outback? Brisbane? Where? or, fly to Sydney

November 16th – Sydney (Memphis arrives :hyper: )

November 17th – Sydney

November 18th – Sydney

November 19th – drive to Melbourne (Blue Mountains)

November 20th – Blue Mountains

November 21 – Melbourne

November 22 – Melbourne

November 23 – Melbourne

November 24 – Great Ocean Road

November 25 – Great Ocean Road back to Melbourne – surfing lessons?

November 26 – fly Melbourne to Sydney, fly home

the big changes to the present itinerary that i'm thinking of would be to skip Melbourne and do one of two alternative trips:

1. Go to Uluru and Alice Springs
2. Go to Perth, where i do know someone

if anyone has anything to offer, big picture stuff (i'll sweat the small stuff later), i'd love any input.

Skip Melbourne (one big city is enough), Alice/Uluru or Perth would be better ways to see and understand the country, IMO. I don't know much about the QLD outback, I've driven through some of the inland but never that far out. I think it may be more worth it to stay in Brisbane or the GC, assuming you go to Alice. Brisbane and GC are good places to let your hair down and have fun.

Also, don't forget that you know someone in Adelaide, too. :flirt:

i'm trying to track down my friend in Perth and see what she has to say.

i'd really like to do everything. the big appeal of Melbourne, other than the fact that i hear it's a lovely city, is that there's the GOR.

but maybe Memphis and i do a few days in SYD, then we fly out to Uluru, then we continue to Perth, and then we slog it all the way back to SYD for the unbearable journey back across the Pacific.

and now, what about Adelaide?

i'm trying to track down my friend in Perth and see what she has to say.

i'd really like to do everything. the big appeal of Melbourne, other than the fact that i hear it's a lovely city, is that there's the GOR.

but maybe Memphis and i do a few days in SYD, then we fly out to Uluru, then we continue to Perth, and then we slog it all the way back to SYD for the unbearable journey back across the Pacific.

and now, what about Adelaide?

i have a friend who is all about perth. if you get out there, get up and down the west coast. i can hear him getting excited about me suggesting visiting perth from here. if nothing else, it's not a place that many people get to.

since you seem to have the option of both, there's no harm in doing both sydney and melbourne. if you were only able to pick one, i'd choose sydney any day of the week. i know melbourne is a big cultural capital, but i feel as though sydney just has more to it in terms of the australian experience.

as for slogging it back to sydney, two words: indian pacific.

Back
Top Bottom