IO: my avatar means a whole damn lot, and i want you to ask me about it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Week 2: Cairns/Port Douglas. I would recommend more PD than Cairns. Fantastic beach, gorgeous scenery, close to Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation, lots of really good places to eat on Macrossan Street, Sunday market on the waterfront, trips out to the reef and the Low Isles leave from there.

You may however like Cairns, if a mudflat pretending to a beach, and lots of hire car yards and endless backpacker hostels is more your style (hey I don't know what you Yanks like!!! :grumpy: )

PS forgot. Week 4: if you do go on a date with the Thorpedo, please report back here, enquiring minds need to know.....

Re: Week 2: Cairns/Port Douglas. I would recommend more PD than Cairns. Fantastic beach, gorgeous scenery, close to Mossman Gorge and Cape Tribulation, lots of really good places to eat on Macrossan Street, Sunday market on the waterfront, trips out to the reef and the Low Isles leave from there.

You may however like Cairns, if a mudflat pretending to a beach, and lots of hire car yards and endless backpacker hostels is more your style (hey I don't know what you Yanks like!!! :grumpy: )

PS forgot. Week 4: if you do go on a date with the Thorpedo, please report back here, enquiring minds need to know.....

i'll do my best on all accounts. :up:

it does sound like PD's got a lot going for it. though i'm a Yank who tends to like everything. i'm very enthusiastic/easily amused, and can find something interesting about any old shiny object ... "wow, keys!"

how does one actually go into the Outback, so to speak? like, do i just jump in a car and drive? is that safe? what if you get a flat? what if you're attacked by giant spiders that look like Danni Minogue? i'm a city kid and have no survival skills.

^ telstra tower on Black Mountain
how racist :sad:

i was so relieved to not see any bugs whatsoever (aside from moths but those hardly count) the whole time i was in oz/nz. however, i know that had mostly to do with being there in winter (though i'm sure it helped sticking to heavily populated metro areas too). een knows what he must do if we encounter some AHH FUCK BIG ASS SPIDER, anywhere really. :scaredy cat:

Last edited:
i'll do my best on all accounts. :up:

it does sound like PD's got a lot going for it. though i'm a Yank who tends to like everything. i'm very enthusiastic/easily amused, and can find something interesting about any old shiny object ... "wow, keys!"

how does one actually go into the Outback, so to speak? like, do i just jump in a car and drive? is that safe? what if you get a flat? what if you're attacked by giant spiders that look like Danni Minogue? i'm a city kid and have no survival skills.

You can, but it isnt advised.

There is plenty of survival info online though. Better going through the more monitored areas, accross the Nullaboor etc.

^ lol at een.

The biggest one you need to know is that people who have Frangipani stickers on their cars cannot drive.

hdr_logo.gif

QF awesome .

australian surfers and skateboarders, but more so the surfers, are the HOTTEST on the planet.

true.

:crack:

maddie, maddie, maddie.... maddie. :sad: no, they're not. they're dirty, unemployed, addicted to a minimum of two substances, borderline mentally challenged, and dirty. casual surfers, not so much. but you get right into the heart of bogan culture, like shire scum, for eg., and you see a new branch of human evolution.

:hug:

:crack:

maddie, maddie, maddie.... maddie. :sad: no, they're not. they're dirty, unemployed, addicted to a minimum of two substances, borderline mentally challenged, and dirty. casual surfers, not so much. but you get right into the heart of bogan culture, like shire scum, for eg., and you see a new branch of human evolution.

:hug:

and the ones that aren't all that are new zealanders.

they're dirty, unemployed, addicted to a minimum of two substances, borderline mentally challenged, and dirty. casual surfers, not so much. but you get right into the heart of bogan culture, like shire scum, for eg., and you see a new branch of human evolution.

yeah, but if they're hot, so what?

haha ncie job dismissing a whole state 3 times the size of the UK in land mass with one photo taken on a dreary day.

MUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMM!!!! (in aussie whiny voice)

You could always head to my native Newcastle (in lovely NSW!!!)

15705837.jpg

iwnewcastle.jpg

iw_cowrie_hole.jpg

Bar-Beach-2760.jpg

beach2.gif

beach1.gif

If you can't tell, we're a beach town.

Is it warm in these pics? Cause if so: hot damn I wanna go there! :drool:

When are you going, Irvine? I'll be back in Australia on a business trip the first week of November.

Is it warm in these pics? Cause if so: hot damn I wanna go there! :drool:

always :)

Middle of winter we have been having days around 25 degrees C (around 80 farenheit). Summer usually ranges high 20's to mid 30's (83 F to 95 F) sometimes up to 100-110 F on really hot days

Back
Top Bottom