IO: Mandatory CUPCAKE discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like moist cupcakes as well - my favourites are the ones that actually use a cake batter.

I've never been to one of those popular cupcake places but I've seen them on TV on the Food Network. I just can't see spending $2 or more for a cupcake.

The root beer cupcake mentioned above does sound good tho :up: I've only ever made cupcakes from a mix with a standard frosting, or my yummy carrot cake mix from scratch make great mini loaves or cupcakes. :up::up: I have used quite a number of different decorative cupcake liners which is fun for holidays and special occasions, or for bake sales.

Frosting first!

Thanks, Zoney and Schmeg--at least I know where Butler and Broadripple are--sounds like a road trip to me! :lol: We don't have cupcake shoppes here. Used to have Mrs. Muffin (HUGE muffins!), but that's been gone for years.

MsPurrl -- there was a bakery/cafe out on 26/Creasy -- that's where I had the cupcakes made for my wedding in 96 -- remember? I had 5 different flavors with different color icing and little flowers on top. Wedding cake "cupcakes" now are supposed to be "in" -- guess I was ahead of my time!!

Actually I usually bite the top off first...

I mean it's the exact opposite of what I do with cake.

But yea.. cupcakes are great.

My mom and I used to make them.. and once they went in the oven.. I could lick the icing off the spoon :drool:

Store bought cupcakes leave alot to be desired... but still, they are delicious and if I'm hard up

then yea

I'll indulge.

We are trying to be inexpensive...I guess we can be "Trendy" though.:uhoh:

Everyone thought it was a cool idea back in 1996 -- but my mother. She nearly had a fit when I told her I was having cupcakes (and this was my second wedding ... and I was 44 years old!):lol: Our wedding was outside in a park on a little island, so the logistics made sense to me. We had the cupcakes/punch, etc. there, then whittled the group down for a reception dinner.

Frosting first!

Thanks, Zoney and Schmeg--at least I know where Butler and Broadripple are--sounds like a road trip to me! :lol: We don't have cupcake shoppes here. Used to have Mrs. Muffin (HUGE muffins!), but that's been gone for years.

It's worth a road trip. :drool: I got three free ones yesterday after discussing my "trendy" plans with the manager. Nothing tastes better than free cupcakes!

...except for free cupcakes make with Schnapps, of course.

I've never had a cupcake from a cupcake store. :sad:

:sad::hug: We don't have cupcake stores here so i've never had one from a store either. :sad:

Cupcakes. :drool:

The hard part is when you get one that's too tall to bite both frosting AND cake at the same time. Do you bite the bottom first so that you get a bigger frosting-to-cake ratio for the next bite? Or do you satisfy your immediate needs and go for the frosting off the bat? I usually choose the former. :drool:

The bottom of the cupcake first then the frosting. Frosting. :drool:

I want cupcakes now. :angry:

OMG cupcakes kick so much ass. There's this little bakery about 20 minutes away that make orgasmic cupcakes.

-Chocolate cake
-A chocolate topping filled with this frosting like cream.

omg....sooo good...

I'd buy cupcakes from your shop April, except that you're too far away for a cupcake roadtrip. Also I can't imagine they'd be as tasty as they'd be fresh if I paid for shipping or something. Sadness. No delicious finger-liquorin' boozy cupcakes for me. Pout. :(

I'd buy cupcakes from your shop April, except that you're too far away for a cupcake roadtrip. Also I can't imagine they'd be as tasty as they'd be fresh if I paid for shipping or something. Sadness. No delicious finger-liquorin' boozy cupcakes for me. Pout. :(

:cry:

I see those shows on Food Network all the time that have mail order businesses. Wonder how boozy cupcakes would hold up with shipping and such? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom