IO: Kids have shit names.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are lying.

I'm not. But, full disclosure, these kids are all from the islands of Chuuk (some tiny tropical islands in the western Pacific) and naming kids unusual names, particularly names rooted in American pop culture is very common there. This was back in 1994-95, so I'm sure by now there is some kid walking around Chuuk named Lady Gaga.

Oh, here's another one: So Young. (She was half-Korean but I'm pretty sure that isn't exactly a Korean name). She was in my 5th grade class and I still keep in touch with her. (I spent a year during college as volunteer teacher in Chuuk. Hardest and best year of my life)

I overheard someone at work talking about her daughter Sinise. As in the last name of the actor who played Lieutenant Dan.

Sinise.

I dunno if I ever posted this in here or not...

but in elementary school there were triplets. Now, each of these names individually isn't that bad... but for gods sake don't name your triplets Rondell Rhodell and Rockell.

I dunno if I ever posted this in here or not...

but in elementary school there were triplets. Now, each of these names individually isn't that bad... but for gods sake don't name your triplets Rondell Rhodell and Rockell.

I'm sure I posted this earlier in the thread, but I grew up down the street from the Mikan family:

Missy
Mindy
Mike
Matt
&
Mandy

meh.

(That would be the George Mikan family, for any old-school basketball fans)

:tsk:

Friends recently named their bundle of joy Dwayne......:|

now I know it's a decent name, but for me it's not really a name for a baby....more a forty plus man.....hell even The Rock can't pull it off!!!!:giggle:

I feel bad, but I always will hear Dwayne and think "Dwayne the bathtub, I'm dwowning."

Back
Top Bottom