IO: Kids have shit names.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is with the obsession with the name Madison in recent years? It's butt ugly as a first name people get that through your heads and spare your children. Of course now it's being supplanted by the even worse variant Addison, which only makes me think of Addison's Disease, good job new parents of America.
There really are a bunch of little girls named Madison. I can't keep track anymore, but at least 3 girls from my graduating high school class have named their daughter that :crack:

My friend's baby turns one this week - he's a Mason. And his cousin is a Brianna.

Then there's all the cutsie names that drive me bonkers. Mackenzie, Mykayla, Skylar, which are just trendy now. Ugh. Don't parents understand that their adorable tots are going to grow up one day and need big-people names? I saw an example just the other day. A woman named Sparrow. :crack: Why?

My friend's cousin just had a baby a month ago and named him Mason. And his big sister is Mackenzie (they call her Mac for short too which drives me nuts :yuck:...no offense if that's anyone's nickname reading this :wink: ). And their cousin's name is Addison. Cute kids, but definitely not a fan of their names.

My parents like to claim they were trend setters :giggle:. I never knew anyone else with my name (Alyssa) until ~7th or 8th grade. There definitely are more and more little girls with my name now. People aren't as confused by the spelling/pronunciation (and how I've gotten some strange variations :huh: ) anymore. I just have to make sure I don't say, "Hi, I'm Alyssa," because then they think it's Melissa :doh:

When I have kids, I'll give them names that are not that common. Meaning, instead of going for the top 10 names, I'll go for top 50. This way, my kids wouldn't be one of 5 Michaels or Daniels or Jessicas or Sarahs in the classroom.

Trust me, I'm not an advocate of the name. Apparently they chose it because both of their names start with an "A" as well. :|

I'm looking forward to the trend of autoimmune diseases as first names continuing, I'm betting on Lupus for #1 next year!

No comment

point%20and%20laugh.gif

Last names as first names. :tsk:

Anderson Cooper wants to give you a piece of his mind. So does Campbell Brown. And the rest of the double last name universe.

Yes, "creative" spellings are annoying.

Yeah, that bothers me as well. Ami, or Cris, or stuff like that.

Say though, Aiden as the top name for 2010? I find it hard to believe?

Honest...my brother's neighbor's kids (boys) are named Steel and Talon. :lol::lol::lol:

Originally, I didn't believe him until I heard them shouted in the backyard.
The parents are white trash douchebags, but the kids are mostly okay (for now).

Honest...my brother's neighbor's kids (boys) are named Steel and Talon. :lol::lol::lol:

Ha, at least they are not named after virtues. When one names a child something like "Honor," it is essentially guaranteed that that child will not live up to the name.

Originally, I didn't believe him until I heard them shouted in the backyard.
The parents are white trash douchebags, but the kids are mostly okay (for now).

Talon? :hmm: Is he a Zelda fan?

this thread :up: :lmao: with a reasonably liberal sprinkling of :doh: . . . midwives and maternity ward nurses should have a special *what were you thinking* stamp for the foreheads of the parents of some of these poor kids . . . my cousin, love him as I do is, guilty of the bogan name curse despite being a reasonable, rational fabbity individual in every other respect ~ Hunter, Tyler and Harley :sad: . . and yes, after the bike :doh:

Unique is good, but there's a fine line. :up:

Then there's all the cutsie names that drive me bonkers. Mackenzie, Mykayla, Skylar, which are just trendy now. Ugh. Don't parents understand that their adorable tots are going to grow up one day and need big-people names? I saw an example just the other day. A woman named Sparrow. :crack: Why?

this works in the reverse too . . . a colleague recently had a baby boy and named him Bruce :| . . . how do you look at a sweet little bundle of beautiful scrawly boyness and call him Bruce :sigh: . . . and I do send my apologies to any Bruce's out there . . . clearly it is a name you need to grow into.

I have only ever met one other *me* . . . she was a scottish girl I met in an Irish pub I worked in in north London :cute: and I hated my name with a passion growing up ~ desperately wanted to be a Jane or Christine or something normal, but now I appreciate it even though it can be a little tiresome having to repeat spelling or pronounciations :)

Having a common name blows, my name is Michael/Mike which as you all know was the #1 name for like 4 decades straight. Being in public, you hear your name all the time, and you know the person isn't talking to you, but you turn around anyway... or you finally grow into that and stop turning around, and then it actually is someone calling to you! :doh: I can't even go by my middle name since that is Joseph, and almost as common. And initials don't work in this case since that would make people think of say Michael Jordan, or Michael Jackson, or Mary Jane Watson :lol:.

Ha, at least they are not named after virtues. When one names a child something like "Honor," it is essentially guaranteed that that child will not live up to the name.

I can't believe I missed this post, Grade A material my friend :up:.

I guess it helps being a friggin' immigint with my name and all. But if I were to go home, well, you'd swear that 1/5 males would have my name. :lol:

Finn (that's a nationality, not a name!)

umm Finn is also a common last name, and can also be short for Finnegan, another common last name. my BFF's nickname is Finn.

I met a kid named Shadow. Like, legit. Showed me his driver's license and everything.

My name (Mark) used to be more common. I learned to like the fact that it is a noun, a proper noun, an adjective, and a verb. (I suppose an adverb, too.)

(My last name is an adjective, too.) :yawn:
Kind of a boring name.

Some people. :tsk:

Fortunately, I don't think I've encountered many bizarre names throughout my life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom