IO - I'm becoming a HUGE Dave Matthews Band fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've said this before, but I'm a big fan of their song "Crush"

Beautiful song. But that's close to the extent of my appreciation of the band. They're ok, I guess. A handful of other tracks that I dig. And their sax player dying was awful. Very sad. And I think Dave himself is probably a pretty good guy.

I remember when that song came out, someone I know misheard the lyrics as "hike up your skirt you little boy, and show the world to me." They thought the song was very creepy. So, every time I hear it, that's what I hear now. Awesome.

:uhoh: those aren't the lyrics? I'm not sure I care enough to google the real lyrics :)

I saw them last weekend in Hartford CT and they were fantastic! I'm really liking the new album.

They are all so very talented musicians especially Carter (drummer), Tim Reynolds (guitar) and Dave himself. What a great time we had and though being "up there" in age as I am, I didn't feel way outta place.... don't forget like Carlos has said 40 is the new 30's.

My wife and I will be praying for you. May you find the strenght in this difficult period in your life :hug:

^ :lmao::lmao::lmao:

We may need to set up and Interlander Intervention!!! :hug:

Another Bad Life Choice for YBOR!!! :lol:

Cheers Zwervers!!!

I got really into them after hearing "Funny The Way It Is"; within a week, I bought all their albums and a couple live albums. Couldn't afford to see them in concert, but I'll definitely catch them next time they come around (I was going to see them in Hartford; lucky you!)

I was a big fan right before they made it big but interest dwindled quite a bit since 2001 or so. though I did just give a listen to my old cds and remembered why I liked them. :reject: but their shows are more like a social event than a concert. the last time I saw them was in 2003 or 2004 I believe.

I'm very middle-of-the-road about DMB, but can anyone explain to me why Dave Matthews is hated so much? :huh:

People hate on Dave Matthews because he is the face of the band, and people hate the band. I think a lot of it has to do with the stigma that his band is a "frat" band playing "frat" music, that the majority of his listeners are in Pi Kappa Alpha and play hacky sack and wear Birkenstocks. People think his fans are like a cult.

I've seen some footage of his concerts and, honestly, I can see how people make that assumption.

People hate on Dave Matthews because he is the face of the band, and people hate the band. I think a lot of it has to do with the stigma that his band is a "frat" band playing "frat" music, that the majority of his listeners are in Pi Kappa Alpha and play hacky sack and wear Birkenstocks. People think his fans are like a cult.

I've seen some footage of his concerts and, honestly, I can see how people make that assumption.

I must say GAF I'm many, many years removed from the college scene and the surprising thing was that night at the concert there were many fans OLDER than I was - which is pretty freakin' old. :lol::wink:

Back
Top Bottom