IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lmao:

BhSJt1JCEAA2U0O.jpg

I made a thread in Lemonade Stand that was promptly ignored. I'm not enjoying this one as much, mostly because their Totodile is waaaaay stronger than the rest of the team

Don't worry, it will probably be released sometime soon. :lol:

Am still playing Heart Gold myself, just caught a Swinub. :D Did you ever see his new second evolution Cobbler? Just when I thought Piloswine couldn't get cooler, enter Mamoswine. :love:

On review of the games today, I think I'm gonna go with SoulSilver as my next one. Was gonna play X&Y but it looks like SoulSilver would be pretty cool? Is there any difference between it and Silver other than updated graphics?

YES! They pimped the game majorly! It's my favourite pokemon game ever now. :love:

The graphics are updated, the entire game system is according to 4th gen games I explained earlier. With the switch between physical and special moves and such, abilities and everything. They got some new evolutions for 2nd gen pokemon in that have to be get through special ways... like Piloswine only evolves into Mamoswine if he knows Ancientpower, which is a lv 0 move, so you need to get the MOve relearner to give him that move and then he evolves. There are new evolution stones as well, a shiny stone evolves Togetic into Togekiss(which kicks arse!) and Murkrow evolves with a Dusk Stone to Honchcrow, which is awesome as well.
You also have some new plot things, there's a Safari zone added now, you HAVE to battle Ho-Oh/Lugia before being able to go to the league, that story line is altered a bit with the Kimono Girls playing a bigger role. Won't spoil too much. Team Rocket has more depth to it too. After the first league playthrough they'll get MUCH higher levels and new evolutions and pokemon according to the National Dex, so there's an added challenge, the Gym Leaders will rematch you and you can find them outside the Gym on several special days and hours after you get 16 badges.

Everything is just pimped for the better, like Ocarina of Time 3D.

Oh and you also have something new called the POkethlon next to national park. You can easily get items like Heart Scales(for move relearner), Evolution stones(which were a pain in the ass in g/s/c, only bill's grandpa) and other evolution items like King's Rock(Politoed, Slowking) and Metal Coat(Scyther, Onix). So they majorly fixed the shortcomings of g/s/c/ without changing the game too much. :D

If you have a DS, I suggest you get a M3/M4 flashcart. ;) You can download the NDS roms on there and play them all on one micro SD card. I did buy HG and SS both, but for backup I also keep a Rom(making it legal). Though they're worth actually buying them.

Wobbuffet is the fucking man. Last Pokemon left. Lv33 fighting a Lv46 Kingdra with double team and rest. Kingdra hits me with an ice beam. mirror coat, boom, dead. gonna fuckin waltz through victory road i tell ya.

:lol: Lucky! You're playing Emerald rigth? Be sure to have taught your Swellow aerial ace. Otherwise Wallace's Ludicolo will be the biggest pain in your arse you've ever felt. :wink: It took me a long time to beat him, since I forgot that AA never misses.

Had another awesome series of battles. I'm up to the elite four in Emerald now. Was rolling with a Lv45 Blaziken, Lv42 Vigoroth, Lv42 Sableye, Lv42 Aggron, Lv42 Gardevoir and Lv40 Wobbuffet.

Beat the first dude without losing a pokemon, healed and then went to the second battle. She's got two Dusclops (one defensive and one offensive), two Banettes and a Sableye. Lost three pokemon but beat her, revived the three, healed, and then went to the third dude, who has ice pokemon. Took care of him, lost three pokemon but still won. Went into the final dude, who has dragons, and it was the easiest battle of the lot - Gardevoir's psychic and thunderbolt just destroyed them, even though it's not supereffective, which is weird. Lost Gardevoir eventually, as well as Blaziken, and was left with a Wobbbuffet against his last pokemon. He fell to 1HP, used Mirror Coat, and won. Obviously lost to the champion, given I only had a Wobbuffet with 1HP and no heals, but yeah, pretty damn good.

Seriously Wobbuffet is an absolute boss. Beat a Lv49 Absol, Lv52 Walrein and Lv53 Kingdra in one hit each. If you had six Wobbuffets you'd cruise through.

Was hoping to play some gen 4 games on the iphone after finishing Emerald, but the lag makes it pretty much impossible. it takes like two, three seconds just to move one square.

Yeah, the DS games are hard to emulate, what with the double screens and all. Might be worth seeing if you can get a second hand cheapy, I've not played Gen 4, but Gen 5 is pretty rad.

I found out that there's some pretty cool, very high-functioning hacks, so I'm playing "pokemon liquid crystal". Great graphics, and more pokemon...I caught a Poliwag in the grass like 10 minutes in.

Get the No$gba for your computer. Plays nds games smoothly.

Otherwise, get an old ds or dslite, buy a R4 card on which you can download whatever NDS rom you want to play. It can also emulate LameboyDS which plays GB and GBC games! :D

ALSO: REMAKE FOR RUBY AND SAPPHIRE ANNOUNCED! :hyper::hyper::hyper: Can't wait!

Will be cool to see how it turns out, it's always been my least favourite gen, maybe because I associate it with moving away from Pokemon way back in the day (haha who was I kidding I'm here forever), so it'll be neat to see it in a new light. Probably got the coolest grass types. That's the main thing I think about it.

The biggest problem with liquid crystal is the discrepancy between wild pokemon and battles. Hard to train when your pokemon are all lv 12,13 and all the wild pokemon are 8,9 and all the battle pokemon are 15,16. Enjoying it though. Got a pretty bitchin party at the moment.

:lol: Make it rain!

But seriously, Kyogre is awesome with Drizzle. Water Spout, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunder and you'll wreck through so many teams!

Yeah Tropius is great! Also Cacturne, Shiftry, Ludicolo, Breloom... I dunno, I don't normally care for the grass types that much (other than most of the starters), but there's a lot I like in R/S.

Grass types by and large fucking suck, which is why no one ever picked Bulbasaur. (I saw a great tweet - "Pokemon Gen I should have three save files; one for Charmander, one for Squirtle and one for your other Charmander") The ones you mention all have secondary types which make them better.

:lol: Make it rain!

But seriously, Kyogre is awesome with Drizzle. Water Spout, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunder and you'll wreck through so many teams!

I read that as Water Sport first and was about to be all like "are you fucking kidding me"

Back
Top Bottom