IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pokemon-generations-open-world.png

Open world games are where you can do a lot of sidestuff, like Assassin's Creed and such. So you could freely roam around and catch pokemon or whatever, I'd assume?

Buying a 3DS is worth it for playing Ocarina Of Time. :shifty:

The pic Ashley posted is from an indie game that's about .3% done, but it looks pretty good. Might be fun in 20 years when they add another park to roam around.

Pokémon Generations - 3D Pokemon Adventure! - YouTube

(didn't bother watching this specific video but if it's anything like any other videogame commentary vid it'll start with some neckbeard saying Hey guys what's up this is jimgearsthespy28 with update 496 of Pokeymon generations and there will be dubstep, so maybe keep the sound down. Hit up some tunes. Just keep all sound beams from this shit away from your head ears).

Nah some emulator.

Ughhhh the frustration you have to endure to get a Gyarados is infuriating

Also I posit that Tentacools are more annoying that Zubats. Poison Sting/Supersonic is a worse combo than Leech Life/Supersonic.

I'm so addicted, but jesus shit some of these new Pokemon are fucking awful. you guys heard of Gulpin? it's a 'stomach pokemon' apparently. it literally looks like faded green cow shit.

Gameboid IS an emulator, lol. It works for all gba games. I also have snes9x a snes emulator for android. :) Both work brilliantly.

Gyarados is a nightmare to get, but so worth the wait. Though in 3rd gen he wasn't really up to his full potential. From 4th generation onwards, with the new split physical/special moves??? :drool: PUre sex.

Gulpin are hilarious, never seen the anime on them? They're pretty much more flexible grimer that eat ANYTHING. One even tried to eat Ash lol.
If you think these are awful don't even play any of the newer generations. :wink: You'll hate them. there are some cool ones, but god, they have a garbage bag pokemon...

I just figured out how to play Pokemon on my iPhone. I'm playing emerald. So addicted.

Tell me your secret ! I have an Iphone and can not find the Gamenoid app GG is using.
Tried several apps now but a lot of them crashed.

In lieu of the new ones, I'm playing Ni No Kuni on PS3. Came out early last year, just a good ass game animated by Studio Ghibli guys, it kinda feels like a mixture of every good JRPG I've ever played, right down to the fact you have to fight little monsters, catch them, and make them evolve. It's as close to an open world Pokemon game I've ever played, for sure.

Yeah, a lot of the new designs suck pretty bad, but you get some really cool ones too. The big special ones for the Emerald generation (Kyogre, uhhhhh shit, Rayquahaza or something and the other one, the red lizard thing) all look really cool.

The missing one si Groudon. :)

Truant is an ability made for the 2v2 metagame, it is abused immensely pairing Slaking with Gardevoir that has the move skill swap. Gardevoir ends up getting Truant, and Slaking gets Synchronize. So Slaking can attack every move and do craploads of damage.

And Cobbler, lots of normal types have been capable of learning thunderbolt. Remember 2nd gen? Furret can learn thunderbolt and thunder, as well. 1st gen? Ratata/raticate. Zigzagoon/Linoone are the third generation sentret/furret/ratata/raticate.

Slakoth evolved into Vigoroth, which doesn't have Truant, so I'll just make sure it never evolves.

Finally got Gyarados :love: attack went from 9 to 55 haha

That's true, Vigoroth has vital spirit. But Slaking has far more insane base power. It's not very useful ingame though.

Watch out for Norman then, he's using the technique I described above with Skill Swap. :hmm: Don't recall which pokemon used SS though, he only has normal types I think. Don't recall his team, haha.

Gyarados in Emerald? No Mudkipz? :sad:

I just got pokemon blue and red for my old gameboy pocket. (lost the blue game years ago after "lending"it to a freind) I'm taking it with my on my trip to NZ as amusement for my long layover. Fuckyeah nostalgia.:rockon:

In asia its possibleto be playing a oldschool pocket without looking like a hipster. I swear.
My travel buddy is taking her GB color.

Got Kyogre yet? :D He's absolutely overpowered with Drizzle + water spout. One of my fave legendaries.

If you want the special 3 legendaries(like the birds in gen1 or the cats in gen2), this game requires a lot more work. You're going to need to catch a Relicanth and a Wailord, have the first on top of your party, the other on last slot... then left of pacifidlog town there's these currents, you gotta go through them just right to arrive at a special chamber. There it'll only open if you've got Relicanth and Wailord, and hten there was something else you had to do that I cannot remember. But then you can get Regirock, regice and registeel in their own locations. :)

I have next to no idea what any of the words in your post mean. I'm playing it by ear... most of the Pokemon are new to me.

There's a distinct lack of rare candies. I've got four badges now and only found one rare candy.

You can now get rare candies very easily, with a pokemon that has the ability Pickup. It's a random chance but they get picked up very often, easy pickup pokemon is Zigzagoon/Linoone.. .I usually have one as HM slave, as they can learn a lot of them.

But why would you want rare candies? They're useless and don't add evs so they don't increase your status like beating pokemon would.

Back
Top Bottom