IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:laugh: That's so bad.

Though that scyther one is good. And so damn true. How can Pidgey and Spearow learn fly when Scyther is actually seen in the series flying.

Yea, the old eps.. oh god, how do they NOT see through Team Rocket every time?

And rare pokemon? Nah, that Pikachu is totally worth more.

Ash encountering SO MANY legendaries, not ONCE thinking of catching one...

:lol: So much stuff not making sense.

Look, String Shot is like the worst move in the entire fucking game, so I have no idea how a Caterpie managed to beat a Koffing and an Ekans with it.

As I said to gg on fb, Pokemon is soooo much worse than I remembered. The tv show, that is.

This is why I feel it's best I don't watch any of the old ones and keep at least one part of my childhood relatively pure. I think even when I was a kid I knew it was as slow-paced, poorly animated and factually incorrect - even for its own canon - as all get out.

Giovanni+2012_5ddf20_3453413.jpg

#MakeGiovanniFamous

It took me a few years, but I finally caved in.

Started a rom of pokemon white on my ds. They FINALLY got an Otter pokemon, been wanting that for years, lol. There's quite a few changes, the whole zooming in and out is kinda annoying, but overall the graphics look good. Just a wee bit better than HG/SS.
The story is quite different, this time you get pokemon + balls right at the start, and you have two "friends". Man, Gary Oak is crying in a corner for the lack of rivalry here. When did Nintendo turn into Disney?

Other than that, I'm not very far in, and it seems okay. The new pokemon, however... haven't seen one that I like yet.

:lol: Man when did I turn into such a pessimistic old grouch? Can hardly imagine that Pokemon is nearly 20 years old.

Cool stuff. I was going to come in and talk about the game sometime too but wasn't sure if I wanted modern reality to get in the way of a nostalgia thread.

So uh yeah, here are all my thoughts:

I started with Snivy/Smugleaf. Why the fuck do I always cave in to grass starters? They're always the worst, but whatever.

Just beat the 7th gym. :up:

Speaking of which, the gyms are fucking awesome in this game. There's one that's just a big indoor rollercoaster. u no u want 2

3v3 battles are pretty damn cool.

Took me a while, but I'm starting to like a lot of the new pokemon. The fully evolved starters are all pretty swell looking, and the zebra with lightning strike-shaped stripes appeals to my 90s sensibility.

The plot is absolutely fucking retarded, and not in the good way that the plot in the original games was retarded. This one tries to be vaguely meaningful and even a little edgy, dealing (very, very mildly) with the issue of Pokemon/animal cruelty. It's heinously done, though, and it still doesn't solve the issue of why a 10 year old has to save everyone's asses. I miss Team Rocket.

Having two(+) rivals gives the whole thing a neat dynamic.

There are fewer annoying pokemon, but there is the fucking king of all annoying jerkass pokemon in Watchog which should just ahhh fucking die FUCK YOU fuck you

There are fewer annoying pokemon, but there is the fucking king of all annoying jerkass pokemon in Watchog which should just ahhh fucking die FUCK YOU fuck you

Seriously, it has Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. What a piece of shit. And Detect (protect?), a move that seems to only exist to prolong the battle and increase my blood pressure.

For comparison, it's basically the Raticate of the game, except it seems to come up fucking everywhere and Team Plasma guys (haha, that's their actual name) use it heaps.

Haha awesome! :hi5: I got 7 badges too, am now after Zekrom.

I started with the otter. How cool is that? An otter pokemon! :up: It's pretty good too as a special sweeper.
The others I got are:
Darmanitan - cool fire pokemon, with MASSIVE atk stat
Excadrill - mole ground pokemon/steel, pretty damn impressive atk as well
Sawsbuck - a grass/normal type deer, whose antlers change per season. :D It's pretty funny.

The Gyms are pretty cool, though they are far too easy IMO. :lol: The entire game is. Feckin' hell, you get shitloads of balls and items and exp shares and shit for free. I haven't bought a single healing item/pokeball in the entire game! And all my pokemon are already well over lv 45. In Johto I used to do the league on lv 35!

I enjoy the 3v3 battles, have only had two sofar. :(
Zebstrika looks pretty cool indeed.

The plot is so contradictory to me. I mean.. You want to liberate pokemon from people. And how do you do that? By stealing other people's pokemon with your own. :doh: Makes NO sense. The rivals are okay though the girl is a complete pussy. They're both easy to defeat, but I enjoy the conversations.

True, there's WAY too many similarities with old game pokemon. Let's see what I can list it. My god, typing it out it seems mostly in original pokedex order too. :doh:

patrat = rattata
watchog = raticate
pidove = pidgey
tranquill = pidgeotto
unfeasant = pidgeot(but MUCH shittier looking)
Roggenrola = geodude
boldore = graveler
gigalith = golem(They even evolve when traded!)
Woobat = Zubat
Swoobat = golbat
audino = chansey
Timburr = machop
Gurdurr = machoke
Conkeldurr = machamp(same with golem wannabe, evolves when traded)
tympole = poliwag
palpitoed = poliwhirl
seismitoed = poliwrath
Sewaddle = caterpie
venipede = weedle

Cottonee = hoppip

purrloin = that same shitty 4th gen cat I can't remember the name of, that is ofcourse a copy of Meowth(but then dark type)
liepard = evolution of said shitty 4th gen cat, purugly?

the list goes ON and on. :crack:

Seriously, it has Hypnosis and Confuse Ray. What a piece of shit. And Detect (protect?), a move that seems to only exist to prolong the battle and increase my blood pressure.

For comparison, it's basically the Raticate of the game, except it seems to come up fucking everywhere and Team Plasma guys (haha, that's their actual name) use it heaps.

Don't give them a chance to attack and they're toast. I have Superpower on my Darmanitan, that rapes them in one hit.

At least it's not Joey's Rattata. ;) Which is, of course, in the top percentage of all rattata!

I haven't, but it looks pretty cool. Cool samurai dudes with Pokemon is something that I don't think 12 year old me would physically be able to handle. Extra good that Eevee's your starter.

Yeah I was happily surprised about that. Hope I can get a water stone, as Vaporeon is my all time favourite pokemon. Haven't seen anything about evolving yet, maybe that's when you get a better bond with your pokemon or something. Sofar, I like it. It's radically different from a pokemon game, but fun to play!

There's a fully patched US rom out that works with all DS cards and emulators. ;) So give it a try.

Galeongirl said:
Yeah I was happily surprised about that. Hope I can get a water stone, as Vaporeon is my all time favourite pokemon. Haven't seen anything about evolving yet, maybe that's when you get a better bond with your pokemon or something. Sofar, I like it. It's radically different from a pokemon game, but fun to play!

There's a fully patched US rom out that works with all DS cards and emulators. ;) So give it a try.

Vaporeon's my favourite too. :) Serebii.net says that all of the eevelutions are possible in game, so you should be able to find a water stone at some point.

Should do, I assume it's more like a strategy game in sone ways? I'm keen for that.

Awesome! :D That should be fun.

Yeah, it's very much strategy. Reminds me a bit of the board game Risk. You have to conquer castles, and they can attack you if you wait too long, so you have to deploy armies in castles that are near the enemy ones to defend yourself if your own army is out. I haven't had that happen yet, and sofar it's easily doable, but I expect it'll get harder after I'm out of the learning parts.

PETA is pretty creepy. And it took them HOW long to figure this out? Pokemon came out in.. 94?

TxF6uNDbDkK3AJwf6U7Lcw2.jpg

Sooo, how's you fellow satanists doing?

Back
Top Bottom