IO: I want to be the very best.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D You'll enjoy it! It has everything that the nearly perfect Crystal lacked, and more! Soul Silver is my favourite game pretty much next to Ocarina of Time.

That actually looks pretty cool! :lol: I wonder if it's only for fighting pokemon or also others. They are the most humanlike though.

Apparently it's not going to be limited to bipedal/Fighting types... so yeah, I'm excited even if I never get to play it.

I tried making a 2d pokemon fighter on some 90s game making program when I was about twelve. Have to admit that this looks marginally better.

h5AA6B90B

Nearly finished the first season. Man it is such bullshit sometimes. A Krabby that has never battled beats an Exeggutor, evolves into Kingler, beats a Seadra with Bubble, then Golbat with a Hyper Beat launched from its claw, after Brock declared Kingler is weak against flying attacks.

:lol: Yeah, don't expect the series to be anything remotely close to the game mechanics. There's so many inconsistencies from the start. Pikachu beating an Onix with thundershock anyone?

:lol: Yeah, don't expect the series to be anything remotely close to the game mechanics. There's so many inconsistencies from the start. Pikachu beating an Onix with thundershock anyone?

I always got so pissed off when Pikachu KOs that Golem at the start of the first movie. Think the attack is even described as Thunder Wave, can't remember. How dare you not respect your own lore.

Gave up on Heart Gold, because I read ahead and realised you can't catch the legendary birds until after you beat the Pokemon league, which is such bullshit. Zapdos is my favourite Pokemon so I'm playing Fire Red now. Pretty damn good.

I always got so pissed off when Pikachu KOs that Golem at the start of the first movie. Think the attack is even described as Thunder Wave, can't remember. How dare you not respect your own lore.
lol yeah, sometimes attacks that don't do damage do damage and vice versa. Not to mention how messed up Charizard's "earthquake" in the series is. That attack is called Submission and it's a fighting move. :doh:

Gave up on Heart Gold, because I read ahead and realised you can't catch the legendary birds until after you beat the Pokemon league, which is such bullshit. Zapdos is my favourite Pokemon so I'm playing Fire Red now. Pretty damn good.

:lol: You realise you couldn't catch these at all in the original Gold and Silver right? Same with Mewtwo, neither of these were in G/S/C. Are added in this game as it's 4th gen (NDS) so you could get all pokemon (Fire Red/Leaf Green are 3rd gen, GBA).

Get a 3DS :wink:

Black and white should be working on the DS emulators, if you can get a DS rom rather than a 3DS rom. They won't work on your phone but they will work on a computer, the emulator mostly used is No$gba. I played them on my regular DS, with a M3real flashcard. Hope you'll enjoy them more than I did. :)

Anyone played Black2/White2? It is really annoying at times. In all the other Pokemon games I have played every town/every part of the game helped move it forward. Black 2 is full of absolute nonsense that you can skip without it mattering at all. I've got four badges at the moment and have already had to endure things like the shopping mall, acting in a movie, Anville Town (which is entirely pointless aside from getting a Rare Candy), 90% of the shit that was in that big glitzy city, the battle trains don't give you exp, you just have to fight a million battles with your pokemon at lvl50 for items... I get that they tried to expand the gameplay but what a shit way to go about it.

Yeah I've played it but only finished league and then I put it away to never touch again. So bored with all the useless 3D effects and extra shit you mention. Totally feel what you're saying man, it's like t's geared at tiny kids who don't really care about the core of pokemon games and want this shit. Don't even remember most of the game. Cool they got new technology and 3D to work, it works great with Zelda games on the 3DS, but with pokemon? Not so much.

Got pokemon Shuffle btw? F2P game I really enjoy currently. Haven't touched Alpha Sapphire in a while due to it.

^interesting reading my post above. I kept dropping hints about how I wanted my girlfriend to buy me a DS and a game for Xmas, but obviously it's pretty expensive. We had a chat about it and agreed that I'd spend what she did so I got her a bunch of presents of equal value but I got a DS and Pokemon Y. I fucking love it. The graphics are phenomenal and whilst there's a lot of shit that doesn't move the game forward much the fact that I'm playing it on an actual system and not an iPhone emulator makes a huge difference. Having a lot of fun at the moment. Will play this one through, then get one of the Ruby/Saph remakes, then have an existential crisis I guess.

I already have a 3DS but this is so very tempting. :sad: Can't afford a 2nd one though, and my current 3DS is North American so my games cannot be played on a European 3DS.

Kinda am tempted to bring out the old gameboy and start playing R/B/Y again. For its anniversary's sake. Though Yellow was 2 years later I think.

Travis has a 3DS, but I do not, and I've been wanting one of my own (so we could have both versions of Pokemon easily) for a while now. Seems like the perfect solution to me.

Two things, first of all, X&Y is heaps of fun, I really like it. Lumiose City is too big and pretty annoying to navigate, but aside from that, it's a great game. Lots of good Pokemon, heaps to do, lots to explore that furthers the game.

Secondly... I started watching Pokemon Black and White anime recently during my nightly apple-pie-with-cream-and-then-chips-and-chocolate ritual, but now I'm hooked: it's actually really fucking good. It might even be better than the original anime, nostalgia aside. Every episode is actually really interesting; there are no easy victories, easy solutions to problems like there was in pretty much every episode of the original anime. In all these episodes, there will be a problem/roadblock/issue/battle/whatever, but usually the characters fail the first few times trying to solve it - they do by the end, but you feel like you've actually watched something substantial, not just a pokemon using some move to fix the problem that is very unrealistic. In the original Ash gets most of his badges effectively given to him out of pity, in this series he really has to work for them. He's got three badges where I'm up to at the moment and he lost the last two battles before coming back and winning them.

Then there's the support team. Admittedly, Cylan is no Brock, who's probably the best character the anime's ever known. He can be annoying, a bit of a snob and a mansplainer, and his "recipe" shtick is a bit dumb, but he's also a surprisingly shrewd battler, very smart and usually wins. It's good to have someone by Ash's side who is a lot fucking better, he just doesn't use his skills very often. Then you've got Iris, who I fucking love and have a crush on, which is pretty fucked considering she's probably like 12 years old. But she's really funny, looks good, waaaaaayyyy less annoying than Misty, and she has Axew, who is one of the cutest fucking pokemon to ever exist. Seriously SO cute in the anime. All the pokemon have their own distinct personalities, they're actually interesting, and so Pikachu pretty much takes a back seat.

It's really really good.

Back
Top Bottom