IO: I have to listen to every single U2 album, over again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not weak, Gabe.

It's my opinion of you. I'm not trying to zing you here. I'm not trying to be witty. I'm not trying to be cute or clever, or even argue with you.

I'm straight out telling you that I find you to be insufferable. That's it. My humble opinion.

And thusly, ineffectual is a completely appropriate, because frankly I don't give a flying fuck. I never did. It amused me to no end. You guys seemingly just took it way too seriously. It doesn't anger me, or make me hurt. It just is. And I'm perfectly content to know that there are people in this world who find me insufferable. It's funny though, NSW (since I don't know your real name and though you've decided to address me by a name only my closest friends do), I've found your posts over time quite enjoyable and funny, and honestly thought you would find the whole thing funny in a twisted way too. But I can't be right all the time, I suppose.

Life is about choices. The choice to create an obviously tongue-in-cheek thread in a section you damn well know is supposed to be void of certain topics. The choice to enter a thread with a clear title. The choice to engage in a silly argument because your happy little internet club is pissy. The choice to allow harmless fun devolve into name calling and thinly veiled insults. Notably, you and one or two others are the ones who are choosing to keep this thread alive.

There are a few clinical terms I could use to describe this behaviour, in the spirit of all this well-meaning frankness and honesty, but I'm rather bored with the whole thing now. I'm fully prepared to let it drift off into insignificance. :shrug:

(something tells me though, that it won't happen....but I guess we'll see, right?)

PS - If you think that was long winded, wait till I'm on my fourth gin and lime. ooh boy! ;)

Last edited:
gabrielvox said:
And thusly, ineffectual is a completely appropriate, because frankly I don't give a flying fuck. I never did. It amused me to no end. You guys seemingly just took it way too seriously. It doesn't anger me, or make me hurt. It just is. And I'm perfectly content to know that there are people in this world who find me insufferable. It's funny though, NSW (since I don't know your real name and though you've decided to address me by a name only my closest friends do), I've found your posts over time quite enjoyable and funny, and honestly thought you would find the whole thing funny in a twisted way too. But I can't be right all the time, I suppose.

Life is about choices. The choice to create an obviously tongue-in-cheek thread in a section you damn well know is supposed to be void of certain topics. The choice to enter a thread with a clear title. The choice to engage in a silly argument because your happy little internet club is pissy. The choice to allow harmless fun devolve into name calling and thinly veiled insults. Notably, you and one or two others are the ones who are choosing to keep this thread alive.

There are a few clinical terms I could use to describe this behaviour, in the spirit of all this well-meaning frankness and honesty, but I'm rather bored with the whole thing now. I'm fully prepared to let it drift off into insignificance. :shrug:

(something tells me though, that it won't happen....but I guess we'll see, right?)

PS - If you think that was long winded, wait till I'm on my fourth gin and lime. ooh boy! ;)

Gabe, it's not the genesis of the thread. It's the aftermath. You're going toe to toe with teenagers in here, trading immature jibes. It does not matter to me if the spirit of it all is wink wink to you, it does not come off as such, and I think that belittling people I'm guessing are at least 1/2 of your age ought to be beneath you.

That's what's insufferable to me, not mentioning U2 in IO and the frenzied reaction of some people. I don't get the reaction either, to be honest with you...maybe I'm not reverent enough when it comes to time honored interference traditions??? So, yes, you're 100% right, the early pages of this thread are comical in myriad ways.

So, I hope that makes sense, and sorry if my out of the blue comment was a tad rude. I just think it's gotten a tad out of hand, and a bit immature, even by interference standards.

You know what...I totally see your point. In that context, it does seem insufferable. You know, I don't really "know" alot of you guys or your ages, most of the people my age who were here when I joined are either largely inactive in this section, or just don't log on much anymore. I come here for the sheer fun and craziness, it's a good respite from the reality...:)

I meant what I said though. Old guy or not (because I'm actually getting younger every year, I drank this potion, see..), in general you guys crack me up, and I mean that in a totally complimentary way. Case in point the Cheating Boyfriend ZC thread. I lost my cereal a few times in that one. :lol: I have a weird sense of humour I guess.

::hi5:

Well, thanks for the kinds words, and, some of us are funny at times but maybe a bit over the top/cruel at times. The cheating boyfriend thread, though, was priceless, and I think well deserved. :)

I'm an old man myself.

Anyway, I think it's time to give this thread a rest, and, glad I was able to place my harsh words into a more understandable and constructive context.

That's what I get for butting in where I'm not welcome.

I'll leave you to your Getting Along Festival. :(

I see similarities with the Cheating Boyfriend thread now. still hilarious to me!

Back
Top Bottom