IO - I Am Off the Tiger Woods Fan Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's holding a bottle of liquor and wearing a wig on youtube. We should hear him out.

what business is it of your who he fucks?

None -- and the spot does not imply that either; but it is commentary on the massive disconnect between him getting caught whoring around and then claiming marriage and his wife are important to him, yet the VERY FIRST chance he gets to win another major, and get closer to Jack's record, he puts a peg in the ground and tees it up.

Tiger is in a spot like Bono would be if we found out he REALLY only gave like $400 to charity the past few years -- that would be quite disillusioning for many, especially many out here on Blue Crack

IMHO, of course.

who knew a madman would live in omaha?

:down:

How dare Tiger use his power and prestige to harm those women? If I had talent, I would use it to increase the rights of transgendered individuals here and abroad. We've all forgotten about the fact that Tiger Woods is a golfer, and for good reason. Would you root for Lucifer himself? I surely would not.

In conclusion: penises of the enemy of art.

:down:

How dare tiger use his power and prestige to harm those women? If i had talent, i would use it to increase the rights of transgendered individuals here and abroad. We've all forgotten about the fact that tiger woods is a golfer, and for good reason. Would you root for lucifer himself? I surely would not.

In conclusion: Penises of the enemy of art.
7.424/10

yet the VERY FIRST chance he gets to win another major, and get closer to Jack's record, he puts a peg in the ground and tees it up.

I know, eh? What the fuck does he think he is anyways, a golfer?!?!11!1

The nerve of that guy. :down:

Btw your "parody" is downright stupid and there's no reason to use any reference to Jamaican culture in this case. What does Jamaica have to do with Tiger Woods, exactly? Nothing. It could *maybe* get a pass if your youtube channel was known for poking light-hearted fun at Jamaicans on a wide variety of topics, but since you only use "Father J" to speak about Tiger, it's just nonsense, really.

wut in the. brains.

Tiger says...

TIGER_2.jpg

It's naive to say Tiger is a sex addict.

It's naive to say Tiger's wife hasn't known about this for a very long time. She did. She knew. She just didn't care until he made it an issue for her.

It's naive to say Tiger cares what you think. He's in it for getting sponsors back. And I don't have a problem with that.

I only have two issues here: one, that he did this while having kids, and two, this bullshit about being a sex addict. He's not a sex addict. At all. He's just a dude who played the game that tends to come with celebrity territory. And got caught because his wife got fed up once he started texting his ladies in front of her and violently attacked him.

It's naive to say Tiger is a sex addict.

It's naive to say Tiger cares what you think. He's in it for getting sponsors back. And I don't have a problem with that.

I only have two issues here: one, that he did this while having kids, and two, this bullshit about being a sex addict. He's not a sex addict. At all. He's just a dude who played the game that tends to come with celebrity territory.

Agreed -- and thank you all for the feedback, it's been interesting to say the least. Probably one thing I have concluded is that the people on this board might not exactly be the target audience for this type of fun.

Some other stuff, not that you do or should care:

YT says, Broadcast Yourself -- it does not say anything else -- it certainly does not say 'broadcast yourself without being stupid' cuz that video is certainly not the only stupid one to appear on YT.

I might do more, I might not -- so to suggest that the character is stupid just becasue of the topic at hand does not put into context that this character could go into other topics. In short, I've done two now, both about Tiger, mostly to express a point of view and have some fun. If you watch the second one, there is a shout out in support of Martina Navraltovia -- who was just diagnosed with breast cancer -- maybe that will help with the Father reference.

IMO -- fans, consumers do have a right to comment on this issue -- Tiger and his sponsors have asked for our money and support of their goods and services based on a premise. That premise is partly based on his personality, values and character -- do you remember one of the first Nike ads that commented on Tiger breaking down social barriers as one of the first African American golfers? They all capitalized on his values and character then and he and his sponsors should suffer the consequences IMO for his character now.

Finally let's not suggest taht Tiger made "a mistake" -- he made thousands of them -- "a mistake" is getting drunk and having a one-night stand. How many women and how many nights did this go on? Sorry, but you and I might forgive our spouses and girlfriends for "a mistake" -- but this is different, way different.

A lot of my point of view, if you listen closely, is supporting Elin.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

You're completely missing the point: the character isn't stupid because of the topic at hand, it's the other way around: the character is stupid because your portrayal of the character is stupid and will continue to be stupid no matter what topic you choose to address using it. Using a faux - and horribly done at that - Jamaican persona as a format for commentary is actually detracting from any validity your message might have.

I have a question for you: are you Jamaican? Married to one or associate with any?

Then where do you get off with this "Father Jamaican" format? Not only is it absurdly not even remotely close to a funny parody, you clearly actually have no clue how the accent and or lingo actually is spoken. The wig is atrocious - 99% of Jamaican men don't have long hair much less dreads, and Malibu rum isn't even from Jamaica! :lol: So while other parodies on YT are humorous and elicit a smile, yours seems more of an affront than good humor.

Check out madwhitejamaican or twins of twins. That's real Jamaican and/or white Jamaican humor.

Agreed -- and thank you all for the feedback, it's been interesting to say the least. Probably one thing I have concluded is that the people on this board might not exactly be the target audience for this type of fun.

Some other stuff, not that you do or should care:

YT says, Broadcast Yourself -- it does not say anything else -- it certainly does not say 'broadcast yourself without being stupid' cuz that video is certainly not the only stupid one to appear on YT.

I might do more, I might not -- so to suggest that the character is stupid just becasue of the topic at hand does not put into context that this character could go into other topics. In short, I've done two now, both about Tiger, mostly to express a point of view and have some fun. If you watch the second one, there is a shout out in support of Martina Navraltovia -- who was just diagnosed with breast cancer -- maybe that will help with the Father reference.

IMO -- fans, consumers do have a right to comment on this issue -- Tiger and his sponsors have asked for our money and support of their goods and services based on a premise. That premise is partly based on his personality, values and character -- do you remember one of the first Nike ads that commented on Tiger breaking down social barriers as one of the first African American golfers? They all capitalized on his values and character then and he and his sponsors should suffer the consequences IMO for his character now.

Finally let's not suggest taht Tiger made "a mistake" -- he made thousands of them -- "a mistake" is getting drunk and having a one-night stand. How many women and how many nights did this go on? Sorry, but you and I might forgive our spouses and girlfriends for "a mistake" -- but this is different, way different.

A lot of my point of view, if you listen closely, is supporting Elin.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
I was not speaking towards you, just in generalities.

But I have absolutely no idea what you're saying.

There are a lot of people who do even worse things than Tiger but they never come in the media.:shrug:

Wait, I must be missing something. How does Tiger breaking the social barriers of golf have to do with his "character and values". It has to do with the color of his skin. Or are you implying that he hasn't really broken the barrier cause now he's nothing but another negro who likes to get his fuck on with skanky white chicks.

That's racist as fuck, mon.

Back
Top Bottom