IO - I Am Off the Tiger Woods Fan Club - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official...
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:44 AM
These are for you, BW.

LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:44 PM
It's naive to say Tiger is a sex addict.

It's naive to say Tiger's wife hasn't known about this for a very long time. She did. She knew. She just didn't care until he made it an issue for her.

It's naive to say Tiger cares what you think. He's in it for getting sponsors back. And I don't have a problem with that.

I only have two issues here: one, that he did this while having kids, and two, this bullshit about being a sex addict. He's not a sex addict. At all. He's just a dude who played the game that tends to come with celebrity territory. And got caught because his wife got fed up once he started texting his ladies in front of her and violently attacked him.

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:26 AM   #18
45:33

Local Time: 03:44 AM
i believe it's off the bandwagon.

i did not watch your video.
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #19
War Child

Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
It's naive to say Tiger is a sex addict.

It's naive to say Tiger cares what you think. He's in it for getting sponsors back. And I don't have a problem with that.

I only have two issues here: one, that he did this while having kids, and two, this bullshit about being a sex addict. He's not a sex addict. At all. He's just a dude who played the game that tends to come with celebrity territory.
Agreed -- and thank you all for the feedback, it's been interesting to say the least. Probably one thing I have concluded is that the people on this board might not exactly be the target audience for this type of fun.

Some other stuff, not that you do or should care:

YT says, Broadcast Yourself -- it does not say anything else -- it certainly does not say 'broadcast yourself without being stupid' cuz that video is certainly not the only stupid one to appear on YT.

I might do more, I might not -- so to suggest that the character is stupid just becasue of the topic at hand does not put into context that this character could go into other topics. In short, I've done two now, both about Tiger, mostly to express a point of view and have some fun. If you watch the second one, there is a shout out in support of Martina Navraltovia -- who was just diagnosed with breast cancer -- maybe that will help with the Father reference.

IMO -- fans, consumers do have a right to comment on this issue -- Tiger and his sponsors have asked for our money and support of their goods and services based on a premise. That premise is partly based on his personality, values and character -- do you remember one of the first Nike ads that commented on Tiger breaking down social barriers as one of the first African American golfers? They all capitalized on his values and character then and he and his sponsors should suffer the consequences IMO for his character now.

Finally let's not suggest taht Tiger made "a mistake" -- he made thousands of them -- "a mistake" is getting drunk and having a one-night stand. How many women and how many nights did this go on? Sorry, but you and I might forgive our spouses and girlfriends for "a mistake" -- but this is different, way different.

A lot of my point of view, if you listen closely, is supporting Elin.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
BWU2Buffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #20
Ghost of Love

You're completely missing the point: the character isn't stupid because of the topic at hand, it's the other way around: the character is stupid because your portrayal of the character is stupid and will continue to be stupid no matter what topic you choose to address using it. Using a faux - and horribly done at that - Jamaican persona as a format for commentary is actually detracting from any validity your message might have.

I have a question for you: are you Jamaican? Married to one or associate with any?

Then where do you get off with this "Father Jamaican" format? Not only is it absurdly not even remotely close to a funny parody, you clearly actually have no clue how the accent and or lingo actually is spoken. The wig is atrocious - 99% of Jamaican men don't have long hair much less dreads, and Malibu rum isn't even from Jamaica! So while other parodies on YT are humorous and elicit a smile, yours seems more of an affront than good humor.

Check out madwhitejamaican or twins of twins. That's real Jamaican and/or white Jamaican humor.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWU2Buffs View Post
Agreed -- and thank you all for the feedback, it's been interesting to say the least. Probably one thing I have concluded is that the people on this board might not exactly be the target audience for this type of fun.

Some other stuff, not that you do or should care:

YT says, Broadcast Yourself -- it does not say anything else -- it certainly does not say 'broadcast yourself without being stupid' cuz that video is certainly not the only stupid one to appear on YT.

I might do more, I might not -- so to suggest that the character is stupid just becasue of the topic at hand does not put into context that this character could go into other topics. In short, I've done two now, both about Tiger, mostly to express a point of view and have some fun. If you watch the second one, there is a shout out in support of Martina Navraltovia -- who was just diagnosed with breast cancer -- maybe that will help with the Father reference.

IMO -- fans, consumers do have a right to comment on this issue -- Tiger and his sponsors have asked for our money and support of their goods and services based on a premise. That premise is partly based on his personality, values and character -- do you remember one of the first Nike ads that commented on Tiger breaking down social barriers as one of the first African American golfers? They all capitalized on his values and character then and he and his sponsors should suffer the consequences IMO for his character now.

Finally let's not suggest taht Tiger made "a mistake" -- he made thousands of them -- "a mistake" is getting drunk and having a one-night stand. How many women and how many nights did this go on? Sorry, but you and I might forgive our spouses and girlfriends for "a mistake" -- but this is different, way different.

A lot of my point of view, if you listen closely, is supporting Elin.

Again, thanks for the feedback.
I was not speaking towards you, just in generalities.

But I have absolutely no idea what you're saying.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 04:44 PM
this dude's sport has nothing to do with his personal life.

now if you have enjoyed watching him golf, keep watching

even if you hate what he done, keep watching.

aite?
mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:44 PM
There are a lot of people who do even worse things than Tiger but they never come in the media.
nielsgov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

IO: that is worst Jamaican accent I've ever heard.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWU2Buffs View Post
Wait, I must be missing something. How does Tiger breaking the social barriers of golf have to do with his "character and values". It has to do with the color of his skin. Or are you implying that he hasn't really broken the barrier cause now he's nothing but another negro who likes to get his fuck on with skanky white chicks.

That's racist as fuck, mon.

Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote