IO: Guitar Hero is waaaaay harder than real guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:

And you play guitar don't you? :shame:

Well, yeah. But if I thought that's what real guitar was like when I started, I would have put it down and hid in the corner. :yikes:

LemonMelon said:

Well, yeah. But if I thought that's what real guitar was like when I started, I would have put it down and hid in the corner. :yikes:

:hmm:

You have yet to experience guitars at drunken parties, I'm guessing?

:uhoh: i'm invited by a friend to come over and play GH3 at her place.... but I already know I"ll prolly lose badly in that game cause I'm used to a real guitar! :lol:

I hate Guitar Hero, since me playing real guitar gives me no strategic advantage.

I love watching my son play Guitar Hero, he is really amazing. He plays real guitar too, but not quite so well as GH. He'll get there one day though. I am glad this game was invented, it is so much better than those games where you're just shooting and killing people!

Galeongirl said:
I"ll prolly lose badly in that game cause I'm used to a real guitar! :lol:

That's my problem.

I was playing GH3 one night, and Even Flow was the song. I'm hitting the notes in time with the music (like I would if I were playing an actual guitar), and failing badly. Turns out you've got to start your movement on the pick bar thingy when the note on the scrolling fretboard thingy on the screen hits the end, and not when you'd actually start hitting the note if you had a guitar with actual strings in your hands.

Very annoying. :down:

Brother has it on xbox.
He unlocked most of the songs and won against on of the creators online.

I'm sticking to the real thing.

DaveC said:

That's my problem.

I was playing GH3 one night, and Even Flow was the song. I'm hitting the notes in time with the music (like I would if I were playing an actual guitar), and failing badly. Turns out you've got to start your movement on the pick bar thingy when the note on the scrolling fretboard thingy on the screen hits the end, and not when you'd actually start hitting the note if you had a guitar with actual strings in your hands.

Indeed. I have the same problem. :grumpy:

Guitar Hero is so much fun!!

But yes, it is harder than real guitar, because unless you have to sight-read for some reason, in real guitar you don't have to instantly react to cues on screen. You learn the song at your own pace and then play it without visual cues.

also yeah the shit on expert is absurd, like that Dragonforce song, Through the Fire and Flames. Is that difficult on guitar? I'm guessing so. But it seems the only way to do it on GH on expert is to hit every button all the time.

also it takes me longer to learn songs on GH than it does on real guitar

it's annoying when people who don't play guitar think they're the shit cuz they're good at Guitar Hero. pressing buttons ain't the same as writing your own songs, pal.

Frankly I think the guys who can run through the songs on Expert have developed muscle memory for each song in the same way a real guitar player learns scales and modes and such. The only difference is that one is only applicable to a single song in a videogame.

DaveC said:

That's my problem.

I've been having problems with that lately. :yikes:

Canadiens1160 said:
Frankly I think the guys who can run through the songs on Expert have developed muscle memory for each song in the same way a real guitar player learns scales and modes and such. The only difference is that one is only applicable to a single song in a videogame.

this is true. also real guitar has eleventy billion more possibilities.

it's fun but at the same time it seems kind of like wasted energy to me...if you can memorize stuff like that so well, why not take a stab at real guitar?

My brother got it for Christmas and I hate it with a passion. I got over it after about two minutes. It gets very boring and repitive (we chose to do Metallica's One last night and gave up after a few minutes) and the buttons are so loud and irritating.

Ugh. pass.

My Mum, brother and I are all hopelessly addicted to it at the moment, :drool:

I just progressed to Medium and still find it bloody hard to play with four fingers; at least my pinkie stopped curling and hiding below the neck.

I read somewhere that Slash hasn't made it to 'Expert' level yet.:huh:

Wonder how :edge: would do? He'd probably wonder where all the pedals were. :lol:

Can I also mention it's nothing like real guitar? Played it with mates again last night. HateithateithateitHateithateithateitHateithateithateit :scream:

Congrats LM :rockon:

We're going to compete against each other with Guitar Hero in class on Tuesday, wish me luck :uhoh:

EDIT: just watched that video on YouTube, even though this was expert level, it looks really hard :yikes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom